Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 20.
#701 4 years ago

new design

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.49.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.49.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.50.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.50.11 PM (resized).png
1 week later
#702 4 years ago

Hi All. Just bought my first pin....Monopoly. Condition seems to be pretty good, other than the right ramp has a crack in it at the entrance and that ramp flap is rising off the PF. Was going to replace just the ramp flap for now, but am having trouble finding that part. Marco is sold out. Was hoping one of you might have an extra or could point me in the direction of finding one. Couldn't find much online. Part number is 535-8968-00. Thanks.

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from jared125:

Hi All. Just bought my first pin....Monopoly. Condition seems to be pretty good, other than the right ramp has a crack in it at the entrance and that ramp flap is rising off the PF

Those ramp flaps can be bent downwards quite easily but i do have a spare from my original right ramp. I could always remove it and post it in an envelope (between 2 thin bits of card) but of course you will need to be able to rivet it on to the plastic. It's not worth bugger all and postage is negligible. Better using the proper roll over rivets but standard one's will suffice. On the other side of the planet so postage would be about 6-12 days'ish
DSC04842 (resized).JPGDSC04842 (resized).JPGDSC04843 (resized).JPGDSC04843 (resized).JPG

BTW, the flap can be bought new at PSPA over this side of the pond.
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/stern-parts/monopoly/535-8968-00.html

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from jared125:

Hi All. Just bought my first pin....Monopoly. Condition seems to be pretty good, other than the right ramp has a crack in it at the entrance and that ramp flap is rising off the PF. Was going to replace just the ramp flap for now, but am having trouble finding that part. Marco is sold out. Was hoping one of you might have an extra or could point me in the direction of finding one. Couldn't find much online. Part number is 535-8968-00. Thanks.

I have made my own flap for pennies.
The ramp flap material is on Marco site. Trace it out, cut with good quality scissors, rivet on.
I did my own whirlwind flap quite easily

Edit- I made a thread about it I believe...i'll look for it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only/page/49#post-4680109

#705 4 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the assistance guys!

#706 4 years ago

Hello everybody, just purchased my first pinball machine, MONOPOLY (used). I have a question and if it can be answered I would greatly appreciated it.

Thank You in advance

1. There is a signature on the railroad support ramp, as seen in the photos, WHO IS IT? AND WHY? I know there are limited editions made, but i doubt this is one. The serial number can also be seen in the photos.

20200221_181936 (resized).jpg20200221_181936 (resized).jpg20200221_221054 (resized).jpg20200221_221054 (resized).jpg20200221_221058 (resized).jpg20200221_221058 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#707 4 years ago
Quoted from darvymarvy:

Hello everybody, just purchased my first pinball machine, MONOPOLY (used). I have a question and if it can be answered I would greatly appreciated it.
Thank You in advance
1. There is a signature on the railroad support ramp, as seen in the photos, WHO IS IT? AND WHY? I know there are limited editions made, but i doubt this is one. The serial number can also be seen in the photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure what that signature is but I checked mine and there is no signature on it.

2 weeks later
#708 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

new design[quoted image][quoted image]

What is the status of this mod? Is it being made and if so what is the price going to be?

2 weeks later
#709 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

new design[quoted image][quoted image]

So I guess this was a load of BS? I sent the guy a pm over 2 weeks ago asking for detsils and pricing and never got any response.

#710 3 years ago

Hi everyone, I just bought my first pin and joined the club!

I've been enjoying the game and I'm trying to do what I can to make it play smoother and look nicer. I've read through this whole thread and learned a lot. I'll definitely be getting some lexan to make those airball guards. I'm sorry if I missed it anywhere but has anyone successfully gone from game rom 3.03 to 3.01? I just hate having to keep that rubber off the waterworks flipper since it only spins counterclockwise.

I'm also having a technical problem I'm hoping someone can help me solve. The cop target broke a few days into me owning it. I successfully swapped it for a new one and tested it out in a game and it was working great. Later I go to play a two player game and it isn't coming up. I hit the targets and it makes the whistle sound effect but no cop. It won't come up in the board chase mode either. It will come up during ball search. Weirder still is it comes up without issue in a one player game. Anyone have any idea what could be causing that?

Thanks for any help.

-Chris

#711 3 years ago
Quoted from chris508:

I've been enjoying the game and I'm trying to do what I can to make it play smoother and look nicer. I've read through this whole thread and learned a lot. I'll definitely be getting some lexan to make those airball guards. I'm sorry if I missed it anywhere but has anyone successfully gone from game rom 3.03 to 3.01? I just hate having to keep that rubber off the waterworks flipper since it only spins counterclockwise.
I'm also having a technical problem I'm hoping someone can help me solve. The cop target broke a few days into me owning it. I successfully swapped it for a new one and tested it out in a game and it was working great. Later I go to play a two player game and it isn't coming up. I hit the targets and it makes the whistle sound effect but no cop. It won't come up in the board chase mode either. It will come up during ball search. Weirder still is it comes up without issue in a one player game. Anyone have any idea what could be causing that?
Thanks for any help.
-Chris

Does the cop target pop up in test mode when you fire the solenoid?

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Does the cop target pop up in test mode when you fire the solenoid?

It is coming up in test mode. It doesn't go back down until hit which I'm assuming is normal. Tested the targets and board chase mode again and it comes up and goes down as it should. Still not popping up in multiplayer games.

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from chris508:

It is coming up in test mode. It doesn't go back down until hit which I'm assuming is normal. Tested the targets and board chase mode again and it comes up and goes down as it should. Still not popping up in multiplayer games.

That's a strange issue and almost sounds like it's software related. The physical connection to the solenoid seems fine based on what you describe.
One last question : do you see any corrosion at all under where the batteries are mounted?(even if they are no longer present). Even tiny bits of corrosion on the legs of chips can cause bizarre behaviors.

#714 3 years ago

Where can I get a replacement clear backglass for Monopoly I tried Marco but they say they don’t carry it

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

That's a strange issue and almost sounds like it's software related. The physical connection to the solenoid seems fine based on what you describe.
One last question : do you see any corrosion at all under where the batteries are mounted?(even if they are no longer present). Even tiny bits of corrosion on the legs of chips can cause bizarre behaviors.

No corrosion to be found. Played a long game today and it popped up after hitting the targets several times, but then stopped after maybe five. Stopped the game right away and tested the coil. Starting to think it's software or rules doing it. Maybe it quits after a certain amount of times each game? Monopoly code leaves a lot to be desired.

#716 3 years ago
Quoted from chris508:

No corrosion to be found. Played a long game today and it popped up after hitting the targets several times, but then stopped after maybe five. Stopped the game right away and tested the coil. Starting to think it's software or rules doing it. Maybe it quits after a certain amount of times each game? Monopoly code leaves a lot to be desired.

That is odd. I'm getting my Monopoly back soon (lent it to buddy while I do basement renovations). I'll try to reproduce the same bug

1 week later
#717 3 years ago

Joined today. So far a neat game.

3 weeks later
#718 3 years ago
Quoted from chris508:

Thanks for any help.
-Chris

I had the same issue with my cop drop target. I was able to fix it. If you look under the playfield, you will see the long white skinny part of the target. There is a switch under that in the housing unit. I had to bend the switch so the target would hit it correctly. If you move that up and down you will hear it click. It helps if you take off the part I circled in the pic.

cfe5a051c11597f207d0720ff47adec527f594cf (resized).jpgcfe5a051c11597f207d0720ff47adec527f594cf (resized).jpg
2 months later
#719 3 years ago

Can anyone make me a set of the ramp protectors found here http://pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php

I will pay for your time and materials.
Thanks

#720 3 years ago
Quoted from zutton1:

Can anyone make me a set of the ramp protectors found here http://pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php
I will pay for your time and materials.
Thanks

I don't make them any more, but I posted my vector files if someone out there has access to a laser cutter:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/9#post-4600676

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I don't make them any more, but I posted my vector files if someone out there has access to a laser cutter:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/9#post-4600676

Thanks Matt! Hopefully someone can help me out.

1 week later
#722 3 years ago

Hello,

I have a question about monopoly playfields. I see there are what appear to be 2 different versions: a version that has a more grey board, and one with a more green board. Photos attached for reference.

Does anyone know why these are different? I know monopoly was run several times so maybe they changed the colors intentionally (or not?) Over courses of the run?

I have heard that sometimes the playfields on this game are susceptible to "graining," and was curious if the grey or green version has that problem more or if it matters.

Thank you.

Screenshot_20200820-173335_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200820-173335_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200820-173858_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200820-173858_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 week later
#723 3 years ago

Hi All! New to the club, and after one game my wife said "you're not selling this one" and she's only said that of 3 pins! Great game, fun play, decent challenge.
But after having it a month I've developed an issue. After being powered on for maybe 15-20 minutes it's seems to kind of blink power, and will do it pretty consistently until you turn it off. Next day, power on and good for a little bit again but then the same. I haven't had a chance to even open the cabinet to look around, but figured I would ask to see if anyone's had a similar issue and how it was resolved. Thanks!

#724 3 years ago

Found my problem! The ribbon wire from the display to the power board was pinched between the head and cabinet when it was set up. Crazy that it would have gone for months before becoming an issue, or that it became an issue at all! Unkinked, flattened out and routed a little better and all is good! I'll probably go ahead and replace the ribbon though to be done done with the issue.

2 weeks later
#725 3 years ago

Joined the Monopoly club today. Also, fairly new to 'fixing' issues. The left ramp diverter magnet isn't working, but the right one is. Are they on the same fuse? Any ideas why this may be happening?

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

Joined the Monopoly club today. Also, fairly new to 'fixing' issues. The left ramp diverter magnet isn't working, but the right one is. Are they on the same fuse? Any ideas why this may be happening?

If they were then the right side wouldn't be working either with a blown fuse. Start with the basics first and check the wiring to the left diverter coil as it could be something as simple as a broken wire or connector dislodged right up to something like a blown transistor on the driver board. Always check the basics first cause a good 7 out of 10 times it's where the issue lies.

#727 3 years ago

I'll have a look. Thanks

#728 3 years ago

Has any had an issue with when a ball is hit with the left flipper up the center ramp it will hit the gate and roll back down. It’s only really hard hits. My top switch was also positioned slightly left of where it should be, where the hole in the backboard is. Not sure if that’s the issue, or if the ball is just coming up to high as it hits the gate,

#729 3 years ago

What lights the pop bumpers?

#730 3 years ago

Hi all. New Monopoly owner here too. Didn't realize this thread existed before I posted my questions re: the ball jail and some issues. I'll link it here in case some of you have any ideas on these two issues. 1) gate flap closing / re-opening and letting the ball back into ball jail, and 2) the balls are left in ball jail on new game. Anybody experiencing these two issues?

More details in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-ball-jail-ball-lock-issues#post-5862340

#731 3 years ago

hey guys! i just bought a Monopoly, and LOVE IT. Lawlor is just the best. at this point, i own FOUR Lawlor titles.

monopoly and earthshaker are probably the most underrated games ever. Monopoly is such a fun game to play. easy to learn, but difficult to master. this game is a real great addition to any lineup

#732 3 years ago

Although a player for 30 years, I'm admittedly fairly new to pinball repairs. Anyone have a simple guide to updating the firmware on Monopoly? I have the file but can't anyway to get it on the machine! Is it a ship job or am I missing something?

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

Although a player for 30 years, I'm admittedly fairly new to pinball repairs. Anyone have a simple guide to updating the firmware on Monopoly? I have the file but can't anyway to get it on the machine! Is it a ship job or am I missing something?

You will need a Rom chip burner to do that. BTW how did you go with the diverter coil, get it working?

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You will need a Rom chip burner to do that. BTW how did you go with the diverter coil, get it working?

I took your advice, took the cover off the diverter and everything looked fine, gave a wire a little wiggle and the connection fell apart. Quick strip and solder and it's working like a dream. By coincidence though, the rollover switch for ball 2 in the lock lane was broken so between both the diverter and this, that side caused quite a few issues. Have another switch on the way.

Thanks heaps for your advice.

#735 3 years ago

I added BriteRings to the Pop Bumper Caps. These glue to the bottom of the caps. The bottom LEDs light up that area of the playfield. Since you have to move the ramp to install several of them if you choose to do it make sure you use lots of drops of super glue.

Monolopy Popbumper Area02_2016x3021 (resized).jpgMonolopy Popbumper Area02_2016x3021 (resized).jpg
#736 3 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I added BriteRings to the Pop Bumper Caps. These glue to the bottom of the caps. The bottom LEDs light up that area of the playfield. Since you have to move the ramp to install several of them if you choose to do it make sure you use lots of drops of super glue.
[quoted image]

Looks great!

This machine gets better every time I play it.

3 weeks later
#737 3 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with the kicker behind the Water Works bumpers not ejecting effectively? Should there be a small rubber on it? It works and punches the ball up but it doesn't always clear the metal strip on playfield and falls back into the hole.

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

Has anyone had any issues with the kicker behind the Water Works bumpers not ejecting effectively? Should there be a small rubber on it? It works and punches the ball up but it doesn't always clear the metal strip on playfield and falls back into the hole.

Ours did that when I got it. There's an adjustment in the software for COIL PULSE POWER (adjustment # 36). We changed that to HARD and it has been fine ever since.

Chris

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Ours did that when I got it. There's an adjustment in the software for COIL PULSE POWER (adjustment # 36). We changed that to HARD and it has been fine ever since.
Chris

Thanks heaps! Excellent advice and an easy fix.

#740 3 years ago

Part way through Land Grab I get an error message "Operator Alert! #1 Trough Up-Kicker Coil Malfunction". I continue to get balls added when I loose them and the coil tests fine. The only problem is I loose some of the Land Grab scenes. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Land Grab Malfunction (resized).jpgLand Grab Malfunction (resized).jpg
#741 3 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Part way through Land Grab I get an error message "Operator Alert! #1 Trough Up-Kicker Coil Malfunction". I continue to get balls added when I loose them and the coil tests fine. The only problem is I loose some of the Land Grab scenes. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

I used to have this exact same issue when I owned a Monopoly. Unfortunately, I never did solve this problem (I have since sold my machine).

I hope someone else has some ideas about this and you are able to get it going.

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Its a known issue. After a certain number of kicks of the trough coil the system thinks the coil may be bad and throws the warning onto the display. It will keep trying, you just get the warning.

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

Its a known issue. After a certain number of kicks of the trough coil the system thinks the coil may be bad and throws the warning onto the display. It will keep trying, you just get the warning.

Thanks for the information. Too bad they didn't fix it back when the game was new in one of the Rom updates.

#744 3 years ago

My Monopoly has the same error during Land Grab, sometimes it locks up and tilts.

#745 3 years ago

Hey guys, just chiming in about the false bank hits registering problem. so my monopoly was erroneously counting hits on the bank door. I figured the optos were misaligned. However, after cleaning the clear lens below the bank door from above and below the PF, the hits are no longer registering false hits. all is well.

so if you run into this issue, just clean that PF lens, and it might work out fine!

Otherwise, as a new owner, I am loving this game. it really shows us how much awesome stuff used to be in Stern games. I miss those days! great Lawlor game. Classic scoop, and thru bumper shot we all love!

2 weeks later
#746 3 years ago

Hey all, I joined the club a few weeks ago, and I'm loving the game so far! I've been repairing a few minor problems, and the biggest issue I've had is that the bottom part of the bank door broke off. Is this a common problem, and what's the best method for reattaching it?

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot_Scott:

Hey all, I joined the club a few weeks ago, and I'm loving the game so far! I've been repairing a few minor problems, and the biggest issue I've had is that the bottom part of the bank door broke off. Is this a common problem, and what's the best method for reattaching it?

Do you have a photo? Is there a blue sponge type material on the bottom section of the door?

#748 3 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

Do you have a photo? Is there a blue sponge type material on the bottom section of the door?

Yes, that’s the piece, although mine has a gray pad instead of blue. I read a suggestion to drill the door and reattach it with screws, but I’m going to try an epoxy first and see if that works.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-door-lower-portion-fell-off

2A32E63D-3064-4B8C-BCD1-0B233BB1D79A (resized).jpeg2A32E63D-3064-4B8C-BCD1-0B233BB1D79A (resized).jpeg
#749 3 years ago

My machine has been pretty much error-free for a year now but we are all know the way things just happen. So if I start a game the mini flipper is running at the slow speed like it should then all of a sudden it will just pick up to the higher speed for whatever reason and stay that way throughout the course of the game. Does anybody know what the sequence is that you have to complete for the mini flipper to speed up? I'm thinking if I track down whatever it is that tells the flipper to go at the higher speed then that is the likely culprit. Stuck switch or intermittent one or a shorting wire is what I was thinking. I'm getting no error messages and everything checks out in switch edge test. Any insight would be appreciated.

#750 3 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Does anybody know what the sequence is that you have to complete for the mini flipper to speed up?

The motor runs at its normal "slow" speed most of the time during mainplay.
While skill shot is active, the speed is based on the number of skill shots completed. (starts at slow twice, then medium twice, then fast, etc).
Clearing a ball from the waterworks hole it runs at medium-fast (and from versions 3.01 or 3.02 it runs in reverse to clear).
During multiball, it runs at its erratic variable speed, both directions.

if its changing speed during mainplay, the drive wheel may be slipping. I've found that the flipper bushing wears and allows the flipper shaft to have less pressure on the drive wheel, so check that.
If its doesn't go both directions, make sure your relay board is working properly. Common to get cold solders on the relay pins or connectors. You can test both directions in the service menu outside of game play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/15?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.