Screenshot_20230127_192320_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
51528D37-827E-4E26-97DC-60F8C3D46651 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2788930E-B943-4E25-A821-408BE50AE21D (resized).jpeg
E5698035-AABE-413E-972D-F6B148494527 (resized).jpeg
Monopoly Mini DMD 1 (resized).JPG
Monopoly Mini DMD 2 (resized).JPG
52523558376_1183ecd31e_o (resized).jpg
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.
#551 5 years ago

Got Service Bulletin #133 done from the Stern website. Replaced R110 & R106 to replacement resistors and the sound is now lower. Looks like that friggin' annoying buzz and beeping won't be coming through the speaker anymore.

edit* Well, I was ahead of myself a bit. Most of the humm from the speaker is gone, BUT the beeping induction from the lights flashing is not gone. Annoying.

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Got Service Bulletin #133 done from the Stern website. Replaced R110 & R106 to replacement resistors and the sound is now lower. Looks like that friggin' annoying buzz and beeping won't be coming through the speaker anymore.
edit* Well, I was ahead of myself a bit. Most of the humm from the speaker is gone, BUT the beeping induction from the lights flashing is not gone. Annoying.

That humm and beeping is totally annoying as hell. Cannot believe someone hasnt figured out a way to eliminate it completely. Surely a resitor somewhere else would elininate it completely. Someone smarter than me needs to take that project on and rid us of the dreaded hum and beeping.

#553 5 years ago

I am looking for a new plastic because mine is cracked. Anyone have a Free Parking plastic in good shape they want to sell? PM me details. Also need a new sticker on the bank door.

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I am looking for a new plastic because mine is cracked. Anyone have a Free Parking plastic in good shape they want to sell? PM me details. Also need a new sticker on the bank door.

I wish stern made extra decals like the bank sticker to purchase individual as mine is a beat up too. Think you have to get the whole decal set.

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I wish stern made extra decals like the bank sticker to purchase individual as mine is a beat up too. Think you have to get the whole decal set.

Seems like someone would have a sticker made up on here to replace it.. Anyone make a mod sticker for the bank door?

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Seems like someone would have a sticker made up on here to replace it.. Anyone make a mod sticker for the bank door?

I scanned in the Bank decal and posted it on my site. You can print the bank door picture onto a piece of adhesive.

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/images/repair/Bank%20Door%20Sticker%20resize.jpg

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/pinball%20repair.html

#557 5 years ago

In case anyone needs used plastics...

ebay.com link: itm

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

In case anyone needs used plastics...
ebay.com link

I've got a mostly complete set of NOS plastics, and a few used. If someone needs a specific piece, just ask.

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I scanned in the Bank decal and posted it on my site. You can print the bank door picture onto a piece of adhesive.
http://www.pinballsupernova.com/images/repair/Bank%20Door%20Sticker%20resize.jpg
http://www.pinballsupernova.com/pinball%20repair.html

awesome. Any idea the dimensions? I wonder how a regular adhesive print from like Staples will hold up?

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

awesome. Any idea the dimensions? I wonder how a regular adhesive print from like Staples will hold up?

I believe the bank door's measurements are :

2 1/4 wide x 2 height

3 weeks later
#561 5 years ago

Does anyone know what you have to do to get the community chest light to come on. I have checked the rule cards and theres not a word about it. Anyone know the trick?

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Does anyone know what you have to do to get the community chest light to come on. I have checked the rule cards and theres not a word about it. Anyone know the trick?

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the code doesn't support it.

I have never seen ours come on either.

Chris

#563 5 years ago

Community Chest was added in version 2.33.

Software Release 2.33 Date October 11, 2001

* Added community chest rule

It should light when you land on the community chest space. It also has a part to play after Land Grab is completed.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

Community Chest was added in version 2.33.
Software Release 2.33 Date October 11, 2001
* Added community chest rule
It should light when you land on the community chest space. It also has a part to play after Land Grab is completed.

Ok cool. Wasn't sure what the magical trick was to get it but now know what to shoot for. Thank You!

#565 5 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if someone could set me straight on coils an diodes..

The Dice Eject appears to be wired backwards on my machine, but it is working. My understanding is that the Power goes to the Cathode (Banded) side and the trigger/drive goes to the Anode side.

I've attached a picture of how it is wired and I super-imposed a diode on the image to see it's orientation (it's hidden in the picture). Still learning, so any help is appreciated.

dice eject (resized).jpgdice eject (resized).jpg
#566 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

The Dice Eject appears to be wired backwards on my machine, but it is working. My understanding is that the Power goes to the Cathode (Banded) side and the trigger/drive goes to the Anode side.
I've attached a picture of how it is wired and I super-imposed a diode on the image to see it's orientation (it's hidden in the picture). Still learning, so any help is appreciated.[quoted image]

If nobody responds I can check when i get home but gonna be 2 or 3 hrs.

#567 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I've attached a picture of how it is wired and I super-imposed a diode on the image to see it's orientation (it's hidden in the picture). Still learning, so any help is appreciated.[quoted image]

Hopefully this is what your looking for.

20190120_122817 (resized).jpg20190120_122817 (resized).jpg20190120_122825 (resized).jpg20190120_122825 (resized).jpg
#568 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hopefully this is what your looking for.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Thank you very much.

So, mine is wired the opposite of yours. I'm perplexed as to why mine still works without frying transistors on the power board....

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Awesome! Thank you very much.
So, mine is wired the opposite of yours. I'm perplexed as to why mine still works without frying transistors on the power board....

Sometimes it will just cause strange things to happen and not do damage.

#570 5 years ago

I'm in the club!
My daughters and I have played a Monopoly pin every fall when we stop at Pizza King in central Indiana for the last 3 years. So when the time came to finally pick up our first one, as much as I tried to steer them towards something new, they shouted out "We want a Monopoly". I figured I could change their minds when we headed to a local dealer and they played a few others. To my disappointment, but their delightment, there sat a beautiful HUO Monopoly. It really is a fun game and perfect for them.
I'm completely new to working on stuff like this but I'm very ambitious.
There's some quirky "things" going on with it though - like the ball periodically auto launching.
I notice I don't have the latest version CPU - 2.51. The dealer is very cool and willing to burn and replace mine with the latest versions but I need to tell him what I want. I see the latest are 3.03 CPU and 3.01 display. My question is, are these the versions I want? And if not, what should I be upgrading to? Are the latest versions always the best?
Thanks.

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from G35R6:

I'm in the club!
My daughters and I have played a Monopoly pin every fall when we stop at Pizza King in central Indiana for the last 3 years. So when the time came to finally pick up our first one, as much as I tried to steer them towards something new, they shouted out "We want a Monopoly". I figured I could change their minds when we headed to a local dealer and they played a few others. To my disappointment, but their delightment, there sat a beautiful HUO Monopoly. It really is a fun game and perfect for them.
I'm completely new to working on stuff like this but I'm very ambitious.
There's some quirky "things" going on with it though - like the ball periodically auto launching.
I notice I don't have the latest version CPU - 2.51. The dealer is very cool and willing to burn and replace mine with the latest versions but I need to tell him what I want. I see the latest are 3.03 CPU and 3.01 display. My question is, are these the versions I want? And if not, what should I be upgrading to? Are the latest versions always the best?
Thanks.

The bad thing about 3.03 is for some reason they took out the code that lets go of a pinned ball with the mini-flipper. My machine had 3.03 and I had to get the previous version so I could get this feature. Otherwise you have to open uo the machine in mid game to free the ball which totally sucks.

#572 5 years ago

So is the 3.01 rom the one that still has code to let go of the pinball with the mini-flipper?

I need to upgrade as the machine I bought has a much older version: 2.51 if I'm reading the display right. And I want to get roms that will let go of the pinball.

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

So is the 3.01 rom the one that still has code to let go of the pinball with the mini-flipper?
I need to upgrade as the machine I bought has a much older version: 2.51 if I'm reading the display right. And I want to get roms that will let go of the pinball.

Yep you have to go with 3.01. It still takes it a bit to free up tne ball it doesn't pin it and just let go of it. Will go through a ball search sequence and then it will let go of the ball. Its not ideal but at least you dont have to take the glass off to free it.

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I ordered from here and just requested the older rom version and seller said no problem. ebay.com link: Monopoly Pinball STERN Upgrade EPROM chips

#575 5 years ago

Perfect. Order placed!

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Perfect. Order placed!

The one bad thing is that you will lose your high scores and your settings like free play so you have to go back in and make those chsnges which is no biggie.

#577 5 years ago

I use 3.03 and haven't had any stuck water works issues. There aren't many major gameplay changes from 3.01 tho so do what makes you feel best.

I'm curious about the 3.2 ROM tho. It has alot of improvements but apparently crashes? Does anyone run it?

CPU Release 3.20
Date July 25, 2006

Changes from CPU v3.03
----------------------------------------

- Fixed crash when Free Money mode ran with a broken Bank door sensor
- Slight improvements to Chance saucer eject
- Fixed display effect for Railroad count
- Multiple display improvements to Electric Company display
- Fixed Chance to avoid awards that can't apply to player
- Multiple improvements to Waterworks driver code
- Improved autoplunger kick code
- Fixed bonus X advance off inlanes when bonus was at 5X
- Fixed scoring on cop target when multiball interrupts Board Chase
- Fixed Special to show Extra Ball correctly if the operator has
adjusted special to give out Extra Ball instead of a credit or score
- Fixed stray flasher in game over lamp effect

CPU Release 3.03
Date June 18, 2002

CPU ROM
moncpu.303 checksum $5EFF

* THIS VERSION REQUIRES DISPLAY VERSION 3.01 OR HIGHER *

Changes from CPU v3.02

- Slight fix to switch scanning on bill validators to handle switches
correctly when balls are missing from the game.

CPU ROM
moncpu.302 checksum $5EFF

Changes from CPU v3.01

- Changed waterworks driver to always run the motor in a counter-clockwise
direction. This should help games that can't lift the ball out of the
hole when the flipper rotates clockwise.
- Game will detect a blown F21 fuse correctly and display an operator warning
- Fixed HSTD resets to show proper tokens on 10-letter HSTD initials
- Fixed Land Grab bug where specials were awarding on the outlanes and
rotating on the slingshots during the collection and total phase.

#578 5 years ago

Last couple games i've played I have noticed some of my bank door hits aren't registering. Has anyone experienced this and if so what was the remedy? Is it just a dirty opto sensor problem?

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Last couple games i've played I have noticed some of my bank door hits aren't registering. Has anyone experienced this and if so what was the remedy? Is it just a dirty opto sensor problem?

I would start with cleaning the optos and the opto window for sure.

#580 5 years ago

Hey does anyone still make a ramp fix kit like in SB 135 (pictured)? I heard someone was making one you didn't have to drill holes in your ramps to install?

2Capture (resized).JPG2Capture (resized).JPG

#581 5 years ago

I just made one a couple months ago. No need for holes drillled.
Have to look back in thread for full diagram and info to trace your lexan from a paper. I might have bookmarked it. I’ll look.
It’s VERY easy to perform. And fixed my airball problem 100%

#582 5 years ago

It’s right around Post #410

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey does anyone still make a ramp fix kit like in SB 135 (pictured)? I heard someone was making one you didn't have to drill holes in your ramps to install?
[quoted image]

This site has the diagrams you can use to cut yourself or send to a cutting place (like Ponoko):
http://www.pinballzone.com/tech/monopolyflap.php

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

This site has the diagrams you can use to cut yourself or send to a cutting place (like Ponoko):

I did it easily with a decent pair of scissors.

I bought this lexan pack.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DCKOAVU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00

Now I have a pack of spares to mess with if I ever need it

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Perfect. Thanks!

#586 5 years ago

The diode on my Bi-Direction Relay board seems to be bad (part 520-5066-00). Does anyone know what the specs are for that diode? I can't seem to find it in the manual.

#587 5 years ago

Is the diode labelled?

#588 5 years ago

It is. I need to remove it to see the entire number but it starts with i100 or i700. There might be more zeros under the diode.

#589 5 years ago

D1 is a 1N4004. Any 1N400X diode will be fine.

The other diode (and filter cap) aren't stuffed on a 520-5066-00 on Sega/Stern games. They aren't needed.

Another tip: if your mini flipper doesn't go both directions in the DIAG->MONOPOLY->WATER WORKS test menu, often the issue is cold solder joints on the bi-directional relay board. All sorts of DE/Sega/Stern games used them as well and suffered the same issue.

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

D1 is a 1N4004. Any 1N400X diode will be fine.
The other diode (and filter cap) aren't stuffed on a 520-5066-00 on Sega/Stern games. They aren't needed.
Another tip: if your mini flipper doesn't go both directions in the DIAG->MONOPOLY->WATER WORKS test menu, often the issue is cold solder joints on the bi-directional relay board. All sorts of DE/Sega/Stern games used them as well and suffered the same issue.

Appreciate the info. Yeah, the issue is that the mini flipper is only going in one direction. I was going to try reflowing the solder when I get off work. It would be nice if that's all it is.

Thanks again!

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I use 3.03 and haven't had any stuck water works issues. There aren't many major gameplay changes from 3.01 tho so do what makes you feel best.
I'm curious about the 3.2 ROM tho. It has alot of improvements but apparently crashes? Does anyone run it?
CPU Release 3.20
Date July 25, 2006
Changes from CPU v3.03
- Fixed crash when Free Money mode ran with a broken Bank door sensor
- Slight improvements to Chance saucer eject
- Fixed display effect for Railroad count
- Multiple display improvements to Electric Company display
- Fixed Chance to avoid awards that can't apply to player
- Multiple improvements to Waterworks driver code
- Improved autoplunger kick code
- Fixed bonus X advance off inlanes when bonus was at 5X
- Fixed scoring on cop target when multiball interrupts Board Chase
- Fixed Special to show Extra Ball correctly if the operator has
adjusted special to give out Extra Ball instead of a credit or score
- Fixed stray flasher in game over lamp effect
CPU Release 3.03
Date June 18, 2002
CPU ROM
moncpu.303 checksum $5EFF
Changes from CPU v3.02
- Slight fix to switch scanning on bill validators to handle switches
correctly when balls are missing from the game.
CPU ROM
moncpu.302 checksum $5EFF
Changes from CPU v3.01
- Changed waterworks driver to always run the motor in a counter-clockwise
direction. This should help games that can't lift the ball out of the
hole when the flipper rotates clockwise.
- Game will detect a blown F21 fuse correctly and display an operator warning
- Fixed HSTD resets to show proper tokens on 10-letter HSTD initials
- Fixed Land Grab bug where specials were awarding on the outlanes and
rotating on the slingshots during the collection and total phase.

The issue I had with it is the dice always roll the same number. If you land on a spot that hasn't been programmed (like just visiting jail), it will crash. I don't know of a work around for this.

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from mbt:

The issue I had with it is the dice always roll the same number. If you land on a spot that hasn't been programmed (like just visiting jail), it will crash. I don't know of a work around for this.

Which version are you using?

#593 5 years ago

3.20 is broken, which is why Stern pulled it from the website and rolled back (no pun intended) back to 3.03.

Run 3.03 and you'll be happy. Works great.

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from mbt:

I had that problem myself - it always rolled a 3, IIRC. That was part of the reason I swapped it out.

#595 5 years ago
Quoted from mbt:

This is a bug is the 3.20 version of the ROM. It WILL crash, because it always rolls the SAME "random" number, thus it will eventually land on a non-programmed space, and the machine does that bright light flashing crash.

It would be nice if the issue in 3.2 with the dice roll not being random was fixed, so that the other fixes could be used on the machine. (the dice kickout bug being the biggest).

The version 3.02 (NOT 3.20) was never released. So 3.03 is the latest working firmware for Monopoly. If you upgrade from anything 2.xx or below, you must change ALL 5 display roms as well as the firmware rom.

XKCD Reference:

random3 (resized).jpgrandom3 (resized).jpg
#596 5 years ago

I am in need of 2 plastics if anyone has them? The blue plastic by the upper right flipper is totally cracked in two. The other is the green/blue plastic on lower right playfield by Go to Jail. Please PM me if you have any one of these plastics?

20190203_121844 (resized).jpg20190203_121844 (resized).jpg20190203_121853 (resized).jpg20190203_121853 (resized).jpg20190203_121903 (resized).jpg20190203_121903 (resized).jpg
#597 5 years ago

Anyone have an extra door sticker they can send my way? I bought a decal set and either I didn't notice it didn't have the door sticker or I somehow misplaced it.

If you have a spare, let me know and we can work something out!

#598 5 years ago

Having an issue with the MONOPOLY (STERN) DRIVEN WHEEL. The hole meant for a screw to tighten on the flipper shaft will not loosen teh small metal piece that was pushed onto the flipper. I was able to get the bolt out, and teh flipper shaft, but i cant reinstall the shaft. Any tricks to getting that metal out of there?

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Having an issue with the MONOPOLY (STERN) DRIVEN WHEEL. The hole meant for a screw to tighten on the flipper shaft will not loosen teh small metal piece that was pushed onto the flipper. I was able to get the bolt out, and teh flipper shaft, but i cant reinstall the shaft. Any tricks to getting that metal out of there?

I might be misunderstanding, but the wheel should have a set screw. Are you saying there is another metal piece besides the set screw? If so, do you have a picture?

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I might be misunderstanding, but the wheel should have a set screw. Are you saying there is another metal piece besides the set screw? If so, do you have a picture?

Well that explains part of it. There is no set screw, but there is a piece of metal in there that seems to push in if I try to fit a screw in there, but I can't loosen.

IMG_0679 (resized).jpgIMG_0679 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-club-own-it-all/page/12?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.