Topic Stats

• 522 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 189 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AE88BFB0-C98A-4BEA-93C0-658F153A4DF4 (resized).jpeg
MiniFlipper_routed (resized).jpg
MiniFlipper_stock (resized).JPG
06D5E097-28B1-47C0-8159-487D94FC79C2 (resized).jpeg
86706209-D321-47DA-94B1-704B0E225764 (resized).jpeg
FC8D8469-140F-4012-832B-F2BD7529807D (resized).jpeg
1A999F33-8FF9-428E-8EF1-03A0E9BC9302 (resized).jpeg
B5D15410-0AE4-42A3-9691-4AFA4511BAB9 (resized).jpeg
32E78744-6D43-4ADD-9625-EAF53E7A8005 (resized).jpeg
Backboard small (resized).jpg
994473be91bb199b0f4adf2d35ced55ab7236686 (resized).jpg
IMG (resized).jpg
DSC03858 (resized).JPG
DSC03857 (resized).JPG
20181007_152540 (resized).jpg
20181007_150850 (resized).jpg

There are 522 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 28 days ago
Quoted from Leosac:

Reseated but no luck. Thanks anyway for the suggestion

If the plug feels a little loose which was like my one, try bending the pins slightly outward and then reseat.

#502 28 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Very cool...what size should it be? What was the cost to print on adhesive? Thx

It should be 19"x5.627" That should be about 1/8" larger than the back board for a little fudge factor. I believe it was about $9 to have it printed.

#503 28 days ago
Quoted from Leosac:

Reseated but no luck. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Did you check the other end of that cable?

#504 28 days ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Supposedly, the optimal size is 30mm with rounded corners (assuming you drill into the corner and not a flat side). Depending on the color you want, you might be able to find that. I wanted transparent red and I wasn't able to find that in 30mm. The closest I could find was 25mm from Aliexpress. I just received them a couple of weeks ago, but I was out of the country. Gunna try drilling this weekend and see how it works out.

I just picked up a few from AliExpress - 25mm.
$8 for 4 with faster shipping included. Figure I have screw up factor built in with buyin 4! Lol

#505 27 days ago
Quoted from Leosac:

Reseated but no luck. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Do you have another dmd machine that you could swap displays with? Also you could reach out to a local pinsider and ask if they would mind testing on one of their machines.

#506 27 days ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Also you could reach out to a local pinsider and ask if they would mind testing on one of their machines.

Sohchx, if that’s an offer, I may take you up on it!

#507 24 days ago

Been having trouble with the display. Reseated everything, cleaned pins, etc.

I finally got it lit, although appears a little less vibrant than it should be.

The new problem is that the animation freezes mid game. The game play, call outs work but the DMD, although lit, is frozen. Elbow are two pics from two different games. The freeze happened in the middle of ball two and remained frozen on these screens until I powered off and atarted over.

When I turn the game off then on, the DMD resets and starts a game unfrozen.

Where do I start?

86706209-D321-47DA-94B1-704B0E225764 (resized).jpegFC8D8469-140F-4012-832B-F2BD7529807D (resized).jpeg
#508 24 days ago

I’m in the club! Picked up a nice HUO! ColorDMD on order.

06D5E097-28B1-47C0-8159-487D94FC79C2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#509 17 days ago

I had a question about the mini-flipper motor/driver. The manual shows adding a single black rubber ring to the drive wheel. I added a silicon rubber ring to the drive wheel and it seems to work most of the time, but sometimes is unable to get the ball out of the waterworks hole. I looked at the drive wheel and it appears that it doesn't have enough grip/traction in order to get the ball out and is "slipping" with too little friction.

I have another machine that I'm about to restore and it has, in addition to the rubber on the drive wheel, some sort of rubber on the other wheel that drives the flipper shaft. I assume it's a flipper rubber, but it's rotting away, so I'm not 100% sure.

Below are some pics, but I was wondering if others are adding some sort of rubber to the "flipper wheel" or if there is some way to increase the friction so it doesn't slip??

Here is the one I just rebuilt:
MiniFlipper_stock (resized).JPG

Here is the one I haven't touched yet, with the extra rubber:
MiniFlipper_routed (resized).jpg

#510 13 days ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I had a question about the mini-flipper motor/driver. The manual shows adding a single black rubber ring to the drive wheel. I added a silicon rubber ring to the drive wheel and it seems to work most of the time, but sometimes is unable to get the ball out of the waterworks hole. I looked at the drive wheel and it appears that it doesn't have enough grip/traction in order to get the ball out and is "slipping" with too little friction.
I have another machine that I'm about to restore and it has, in addition to the rubber on the drive wheel, some sort of rubber on the other wheel that drives the flipper shaft. I assume it's a flipper rubber, but it's rotting away, so I'm not 100% sure.
Below are some pics, but I was wondering if others are adding some sort of rubber to the "flipper wheel" or if there is some way to increase the friction so it doesn't slip??
Here is the one I just rebuilt:
[quoted image]
Here is the one I haven't touched yet, with the extra rubber:
[quoted image]

I just put that whole mini flipper assembly in my machine a couple months ago and it only has the 1 rubber ring on the drive wheel and I have had no problems with it. I would suggest trying to put a thicker ring on your drive wheel. Horrible freight sells a little kit that has a bunch of different sizes for like $6 i'm thinking this may solve your problem. Hopefully that is!

#511 13 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I’m in the club! Picked up a nice HUO! ColorDMD on order.
[quoted image]

Congrats. Very underrated game. Easy to follow rules and great theme integration. And it’s just plain fun.

#512 13 days ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I just put that whole mini flipper assembly in my machine a couple months ago and it only has the 1 rubber ring on the drive wheel and I have had no problems with it. I would suggest trying to put a thicker ring on your drive wheel. Horrible freight sells a little kit that has a bunch of different sizes for like $6 i'm thinking this may solve your problem. Hopefully that is!

I'll give that a shot! Thanks!

1 week later
#513 6 days ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I'll give that a shot! Thanks!

Well any luck Lamprey?

#514 6 days ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well any luck Lamprey?

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to mess with that yet. I ordered some different parts to try out that should be here by this weekend. If those work, great. If not, then I'll pop over to Harbor Freight and get an O-ring kit.

#515 6 days ago

The larger wheel (connected to the flipper shaft) shouldn't need any rubber ring or spacer on it at all. It should be clean and non slick - use a degreaser or cleaner on it.

The smaller wheel (connected to the motor/gearbox) uses a standard 1" ID black rubber ring (Stern p/n 545-5348-05).

I've found that some rubber rings are a bit too small for the 'motor drive wheel'<->'flipper drive wheel' gap and can slip too much. It should slip when the flipper shaft is held, as it acts like a clutch - the motor shouldn't stall. Try a couple different brands of rubber if what you have is too small. I would bet the silicone rings are way too small.

Another thing to check is the flipper bushing attached to the mounting plate. If its worn, the flipper drive wheel (attached to the flipper) can flex at a slight angle with respect to the motor drive wheel, and there will be too much of a gap between the two. The bushings are standard flipper bushings (Stern 545-5594-00) so they are a cheap item to replace.

#516 6 days ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

The larger wheel (connected to the flipper shaft) shouldn't need any rubber ring or spacer on it at all. It should be clean and non slick - use a degreaser or cleaner on it.
The smaller wheel (connected to the motor/gearbox) uses a standard 1" ID black rubber ring (Stern p/n 545-5348-05).
I've found that some rubber rings are a bit too small for the 'motor drive wheel'&lt;-&gt;'flipper drive wheel' gap and can slip too much. It should slip when the flipper shaft is held, as it acts like a clutch - the motor shouldn't stall. Try a couple different brands of rubber if what you have is too small. I would bet the silicone rings are way too small.
Another thing to check is the flipper bushing attached to the mounting plate. If its worn, the flipper drive wheel (attached to the flipper) can flex at a slight angle with respect to the motor drive wheel, and there will be too much of a gap between the two. The bushings are standard flipper bushings (Stern 545-5594-00) so they are a cheap item to replace.

Nice write up. Very concise and thorough explanation.

#517 5 days ago

Finally got my lexan! Printed the paper, taped it to the sheet and cut out the protector with scissors. Had to modify the length of the top left side where it screws down because of the gate/switch being blown off last month by a ball going to high. Installed the new protector I made quite easily and I crushed many balls up the bank ramp and it was smoooth as butter!! Excited as we haven’t played the pin since he first week we got it. Been parked for a month.

AE88BFB0-C98A-4BEA-93C0-658F153A4DF4 (resized).jpeg
#518 2 days ago

Is 3.01 the latest revision?

#519 2 days ago

When plunging a ball into play is the post in the upper left corner always supposed to be raised on launch to bounce it back to the ABC lanes or is there something that makes it go up or down?

My post never seems to be in the up position.

#520 1 day ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Is 3.01 the latest revision?

3.03 is the latest cpu versuin and 3.01 is the latest display version.

#521 20 hours ago
Quoted from Leosac:

When plunging a ball into play is the post in the upper left corner always supposed to be raised on launch to bounce it back to the ABC lanes or is there something that makes it go up or down?

Not sure if its supposed to catch it every time or not. Sometimes mine doesn't catch it either I wasn't sure if it was random or it was actually supposed to catch it everytime either. Sorry I realize this is no help to you just thought i would chime in on that problem as well.

#522 12 hours ago
Quoted from Leosac:

Have you tested the post in the solenoid test menu? If it doesn't operate in test then that's a similar issue to what i had (board problem)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
Boards
PinSound
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 50.00
Lighting - Led
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 522 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside