By SilverUnicorn

3 years ago

Stats

• 320 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC03263 (resized).JPG
DSC03262 (resized).JPG
DSC03261 (resized).JPG
DSC03260 (resized).JPG
DSC03259 (resized).JPG
DSC03258 (resized).JPG
DSC03257 (resized).JPG
DSC03256 (resized).JPG
DSC03254 (resized).JPG
20170924_213800 (resized).jpg
20170924_213809 (resized).jpg
20170924_213748 (resized).jpg
monopoly-icon (resized).jpg
Monopoly (resized).jpg
Free Parking Target Decal (resized).jpg
Cop Drop Target Decal (resized).jpg

There are 320 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 3 years ago

Just thought it would be cool to see who else appreciated this under rated pin.

Lots of great long ramp shots, Lawlor design, multiball, lots of toys on the playfield.

In my opinion, great build quality.

Anyone else have and really enjoy Monopoly?

Chris

DSCF6972.JPG DSCF6973.JPG DSCF6986.JPG DSCF6988.JPG DSCF7047.JPG
#2 3 years ago

I enjoy this one quite a bit. Don't own one but definitely in the market to buy one if a decent one was available.

#3 3 years ago

I wish I never sold mine. Cool shots. Fun game looks great in a lineup. Lots of people gravitate towards it because of their familiarity w the board game

#4 3 years ago

Definitely a wish list game. My son and I used to play this weekly over the summer on location at a nearby Winking Lizard. (would love to work out a trade including my HUO Avengers Pro with mods for nice Monopoly and a Shrek or Pirates in NE Ohio if the chance arises!)

#5 3 years ago

Picked one up in October, just installed a NOS play field on it a couple weeks back. Fast, fun nothing to really not like in my opinion, I really enjoy it.

#6 3 years ago

Glad it's not just me liking Monopoly

I hate the comparisons of Stern to Bally / Williams machines, but I find Monopoly reminiscent of Earthshaker and Whirlwind. Which, being Lawlor, does make sense.

I think it plays fast, with great sounds. And if you're bored, just sit and watch the Electric Company sign during attract mode. It comes up with some really funny stuff!

Chris

#7 3 years ago

I own a Monopoly and proud of it. Game is pretty easy but fun and approachable.

#8 3 years ago

If you play 4 player does it take like 16 hours to play like the real game?

#9 3 years ago

Monopoly in my household gets the most plays on it. When I have family and friends over that game is always being played. I had mine for over 3 years now and is problem free... knock on wood.

#10 3 years ago

I would love to get a Monopoly, but I feel if it were a different theme it wouldn't command the price it demands. I think it pumps the price to a level thats almost cost prohibitive. They were what, $2800 brand new? $3k? It should be a $1400 pin but its over the 2's range... Oh well, one day... a future Monopoly owner. It plays like dog shit if it isnt tuned in properly, super drain monster, but so would any pin in routed purgatory hehe.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

If you play 4 player does it take like 16 hours to play like the real game?

Just about.

#12 3 years ago

I have one and love it. The adults play it a lot at party's, but the kids not so much.

#13 3 years ago

I have had mine for just about 5 years,no problems and i still find it fun to play. Guests always go to it.

#14 3 years ago

It was/is my first NIB Stern. Only game I ever decided to buy on theme alone before I ever played it.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

I would love to get a Monopoly, but I feel if it were a different theme it wouldn't command the price it demands. I think it pumps the price to a level thats almost cost prohibitive. They were what, $2800 brand new? $3k? It should be a $1400 pin but its over the 2's range... Oh well, one day... a future Monopoly owner. It plays like dog shit if it isnt tuned in properly, super drain monster, but so would any pin in routed purgatory hehe.

You mean just like Medieval Madness? To me, that should be a 4K machine at most. I know people that bought them NIB on closeout for $2700. A 1969 Mach 1 was $2700 new. Not sure your point here

Monopoly is a bargain at the prices it sells for in my opinion. 3 ramps, great long shots, toys (waterworks flipper, electric company LED sign, etc). I like the interactive game board as well. There's a lot to be had I think. ANd it's built like a tank. Despite the fact that is is built well, it is easy to disassemble. I mean, 1 plug and 4 screws and the giant ramps can be removed. I find it very well thought out for the person who needs to clean the machine.

Compared to the 4K and up machines of today, I think it offers a lot of value, even at $2500

I do agree that it needs to be dialed in as you say. Maybe that is why so many people don't like it? The one I have now is sold, but another is on the way, which will be a keeper. Can't wait to get that one cleaned up and dialed in.

Chris

#16 3 years ago

Mine has just been sold. It came partially led'd and with a sub woofer which integrated well in my opinion. Theme is great and universal( in the western world at least) and the game play is true to it right down to starting the game with 1500 points/dollars.

Spinning flipper is gimmicky but doesn't detract from the game. As stated before it's not deep but being based on a childrens board game I don't think there is scope for it to be. Has the obligatory upper right flipper lawlor jackpot shot and the scoop located in the bottom left part of the play field is a wasted shot.

Probably won't buy again but will always gravitate towards it at a meet and was certainly a pin worth owning. These are a 2500-3500 pin here and often come up from guys who bring in containers so are readily available if condition isn't a priority.

#17 3 years ago

It is a $1800-$2200 pin all day long. That doesn't mean people won't try to get more. But they do seem to sit if the price is not right.

I have one. It is pretty solid and fun. Nice safe theme. I have had mine for about 6 months or so. I wanted mine so I could have a chance to actually play it. A crappy one in a bar set up to eat quarters does not really count.

Not sure how long it will stay. But it is here now.

One thing though, it seems to be similar to my TAF and my TSPP. Different enough, but still pretty darn close.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

You mean just like Medieval Madness? To me, that should be a 4K machine at most. I know people that bought them NIB on closeout for $2700. A 1969 Mach 1 was $2700 new. Not sure your point here
Monopoly is a bargain at the prices it sells for in my opinion. 3 ramps, great long shots, toys (waterworks flipper, electric company LED sign, etc). I like the interactive game board as well. There's a lot to be had I think. ANd it's built like a tank. Despite the fact that is is built well, it is easy to disassemble. I mean, 1 plug and 4 screws and the giant ramps can be removed. I find it very well thought out for the person who needs to clean the machine.
Compared to the 4K and up machines of today, I think it offers a lot of value, even at $2500
I do agree that it needs to be dialed in as you say. Maybe that is why so many people don't like it? The one I have now is sold, but another is on the way, which will be a keeper. Can't wait to get that one cleaned up and dialed in.
Chris

You're confusing CV and NGG that went on closeout. MM never made it to closeout... they didn't make enough actually and sold out kinda quick. I was there at the time

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You're confusing CV and NGG that went on closeout. MM never made it to closeout... they didn't make enough actually and sold out kinda quick. I was there at the time

Ah, I very well may be. Well, look where CV is now, LOL

Chris

1 week later
#20 3 years ago

Just joined the club today and already hard at work! Made this shooter rod last night and added Mr. Monopoly to a bare spot over the ramps. Also added some LEDs, but haven't gotten too far into that yet. As for the shooter rod, I have a die that is just a bit smaller. I actually like the bigger one, but gonna get a new blank rod and try the next size down.

I also have this little stack of money I bought on Ebay some time ago. I think I was gonna do something to my Jack-Bot at some point, but never did. Maybe on top of the bank plastic. Anybody else add anything to dress it up?

IMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG

#21 3 years ago

I like the shooter rod. I've contemplated getting something like that some day for mine. Not crafty enough to build one myself though.

#22 3 years ago

I wish I had one of these! Both of my boys play hockey and one of the local rinks has this and a Johnny Mnemonic on location. I always try to drop 50 cents in it when I am there. It is set for free game at 3,000,000 so I feel like a champ since I can often get a replay. Great game. If I can ever set aside the capitol I will get one!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Anybody else add anything to dress it up?

I know somewhere on this board, is a thread where somebody took the actual game board tokens, and altered the underside of them to fit on those 6 ugly screw posts on top of the flipper lane guides.
Looked really cool.

#24 3 years ago

I just played one at the PHOF. It seems a lot like RBION to me. That being said if a nice example around 2 K came up I would be very tempted to buy one. One question tho is how deep are the rules? RBION seems pretty deep to me.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just joined the club today and already hard at work! Made this shooter rod last night and added Mr. Monopoly to a bare spot over the ramps. Also added some LEDs, but haven't gotten too far into that yet. As for the shooter rod, I have a die that is just a bit smaller. I actually like the bigger one, but gonna get a new blank rod and try the next size down.
I also have this little stack of money I bought on Ebay some time ago. I think I was gonna do something to my Jack-Bot at some point, but never did. Maybe on top of the bank plastic. Anybody else add anything to dress it up?

IMG_0112.JPG 201 KB

IMG_0119.JPG 229 KB

IMG_0111.JPG 87 KB

Those look good! Tasteful, not gaudy. Well played!

Chris

#26 3 years ago

Here's the topper I made when I had mine, great game.

SAM_1244.JPG
#27 3 years ago

Personally I don't normally like toppers, but that is really nice!

Chris

#28 3 years ago

Personally I don't normally like toppers, but that is really nice!
Chris

Thank you.

#29 3 years ago

Some mods i did.

IMG_0426[1].JPG IMG_0429[1].JPG IMG_0428[1].JPG IMG_0427[1].JPG IMG_0430[1].JPG
#30 3 years ago

Sick mods.

3 weeks later
#31 3 years ago

I have a NOS Monopoly Translite 4 Sale if anyone is looking

Art Monopoly.jpg
1 week later
#32 3 years ago

Might pick a Monopoly up. The theme just does it for me and the game is pretty unique. I think if the art was done a little better to make it look more complete, this would be a collector favorite.

#33 3 years ago

What don't you like about the art? I thought it was very well done and true to the theme.

Just curious.

Chris

#34 3 years ago

Toasterdog, where did you buy the Mr. Moneybags figure that you placed on the ramp fix from Stern. Thanks

#35 3 years ago

What don't you like about the art? I thought it was very well done and true to the theme.
Just curious.
Chris

I actually like the art, but the general consensus seems to be that it's missing something.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I actually like the art, but the general consensus seems to be that it's missing something.

Ah, ok. I didn't think so, but I have always been on the outside of normal, LOL

Chris

2 months later
#37 3 years ago

Just got one for relatively cheap all thngs considered, however it's completely missing a mini dmd...anyone have the part numbers handy for the display, the bracket it's mounted on and any other applicable parts related to the mini dmd?

Also, has anyone made any custom rule/price cards they would like to share? Thanks!

#38 3 years ago

You guys that have the dice as a shooter rod, can you tell me where you get these? I liked both the white one and the red one. Pretty slick!
Can pm me if you like: mike.giorgio@twc.com
Thanks,
Mike in Kentucky

#39 3 years ago

image.jpg

A link to the text of my article about Monopoly published in the Expo 2001 edition of Pin Game Journal :

http://www.justbecauseican.com/pinball/monopoly/advance.html

(I always remember the date of my flight to Chicago to interview Gary - September 7th - four days before the infamous 9/11 attack - and how air travel has never been the same)

#40 3 years ago

JFH, good article. I enjoy my Monopoly.

2 weeks later
#41 3 years ago

Missing 2 decals on mine (cop drop target and electric company dmd decal) and for the time being, im fine with just taking a crack at making my own. Can anyone measure out the dimensions for these decals so I can make it look as accurate as possible? Cheers!

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsoups:

Missing 2 decals on mine (cop drop target and electric company dmd decal) and for the time being, im fine with just taking a crack at making my own. Can anyone measure out the dimensions for these decals so I can make it look as accurate as possible? Cheers!

There's a decal on the electric company DMD? I don't remember that....

#43 3 years ago

Have enjoyed mine. Kids love it. Will be sold soon to a fellow Pinsider to raise money though.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

There's a decal on the electric company DMD? I don't remember that....

Yes...above the display there's a somewhat bordering decal on the bracket that says electric co. and has the lightbulb as well.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsoups:

Yes...above the display there's a somewhat bordering decal on the bracket that says electric co. and has the lightbulb as well.

I believe that is actually a silk-screened plastic that is riveted in place. I have an almost complete plastics set, so I probably have that piece. Let me know if you need it.

#46 3 years ago

Matt is right, it is a silkscreened plastic for the Electric Company. At least on my machine it is.

Chris

#47 3 years ago

Hmm, well I needed to get a replacement bracket/display for mine since it was just not there when I purchased it, so mine is just a metal frame basically...maybe I'll just leave it like that till I can get a normal one with the electric co already on it.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsoups:

Hmm, well I needed to get a replacement bracket/display for mine since it was just not there when I purchased it, so mine is just a metal frame basically...maybe I'll just leave it like that till I can get a normal one with the electric co already on it.

I checked and I do have that NOS plastic for the "Information Center" display. If you don't have a rivet press, you could probably just attach it with small bolts/nuts.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I checked and I do have that NOS plastic for the "Information Center" display. If you don't have a rivet press, you could probably just attach it with small bolts/nuts.

K thanks for checking. Can I get a mesurement on the cop drop target decal, as close as possible? I could try to eyeball it but I'd like to get the measurements as accurate as possible.

#50 3 years ago

Anyone have one of the Platinum Edition machines?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Upton, MA
Machine - For Sale
Annapolis, MD
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 59.00
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.95
$ 989.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 320 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.