1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
20141027_200221.jpg
20141027_200231.jpg
20141027_200240.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I need a bank door for Monopoly. Anybody know where I can find one? Mine is missing the bottom portion, even an old beat up one is better than mine.

**edited title**

#2 9 years ago

Good luck with that one.

#3 9 years ago

I bought a door from Gilcrist Games about a year ago. I believe the company is out of business at this point. Good luck finding one, its nearly impossible

#4 9 years ago

So far...it is impossible.

#5 9 years ago

Back when my friend had one on route the bottom of the bank door broke off. I reattached it by drilling and installing screws and nuts.

So even if you can't find one you may still be able to fabricate something.

Did you look in the cabinet/cashbox for the missing part?

#6 9 years ago

MMGB, I may have an extra door come to think of it. Let me look in my parts and see what I have. You may have to have someone weld the door to the bracket since I remember it being a bit loose. Otherwise I think the door is in decent shape. I will post a pic later when I get home to see if you want it. I also have printed BANK cutouts to replace the old sticker that is usually beaten on the door. I just spray the BANK cutout with spray mount and mount it to the door itself with a piece of mylar to protect it from the ball.

#7 9 years ago

I've searched the entire machine looking for the missing part. I thinking it broke off and got a ball stuck...somebody removed the glass, recovered the ball and found the liberated part at the same time. Instead of keeping the part...it was tossed with a couple broken plastics and screws for good measure.

I've thought about fabricating something, but so far I haven't come up with an "ah ha" metal piece yet. If anybody has a good idea for what to make the missing piece out of, please share.

I'm crossing my fingers that wiggy07 has the elusive part...beat up but still functional with some tlc. I'm sure I can find a local welder to help.

Thanks in advance.

#8 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

For clarity, the photo shows the bank door and notice the whole bottom portion is missing. Pinballs can simply slide under the door. Like having Fort Knox's Vault open for tourism.

#9 9 years ago

I work in a metal fabrication shop. Let me look at my monopoly then and see what you are talking about. I may be able to come up with something. If you can post a pic of what you need exactly that would be helpful too. Mike

#10 9 years ago

20141027_200221.jpg20141027_200221.jpg20141027_200231.jpg20141027_200231.jpg20141027_200240.jpg20141027_200240.jpg

#11 9 years ago

Looks like yours took a real beating. It is a formed channel that holds a blue rubber in the channel. You have the top part still attached to the back of the door it looks like. Best bet would be to measure your gap and see if you can get a plate welded to the back side and cement a rubber on the front of it. Good luck!

#12 9 years ago

Thanks for the photos, that helps a lot.

#13 9 years ago

MMGB, Here is a picture of the door that I have. I believe the door was sent to me from another fellow Pinsider before I could find one. I found one and paid a lot of money for it unfortunately. I believe in helping others especially when we all can help each other on Pinside. I will send you this one I have. It actually is in pretty good shape. I don't think it even needs to be welded. I put a brand new Bank Decal on the door for you and also a brand new blue rubber pad on the bottom that I had . I also will send you an extra bank decal. I will send you this extra Cliffy I have for the Chance hole also.. I don't know if you have one on your machine already? PM or post your address and it will go out tomorrow. Don't worry about the cost of shipping.

1.JPG1.JPG 3.JPG3.JPG 2.JPG2.JPG
#14 9 years ago

Wow! That is outstanding!!! I'll pm my address.

Hey all the insiders out there...hat's off to all of you. This hobby is awesome!

#15 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

The bank can now be closed for business.

Wiggy07 ... Thank you

#16 9 years ago

That's awesome!
I'd love to get my hands on one.

#17 9 years ago

Looks great, Stack15 on Pinside gave me the door originally, before I bought a new one. I cleaned the door the best that I could. I am glad it can be used by another upstanding Pinside member. Looks brand new on the game. Have fun with the game and the new door.

#18 9 years ago

If anyone else has one - please let me know!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-bank-door-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.