(Topic ID: 160531)

Monopoly Bank Door - Can't find a lower bracket? Try and make one!

By Bos98

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bos98
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2048_(resized).jpg
IMG_2049_(resized).jpg
IMG_2047_(resized).jpg
IMG_2044_(resized).jpg
IMG_2043_(resized).jpg
IMG_2046_(resized).jpg
IMG_2045_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I just got the game on Sunday for a super price considering it was HUO. Unfortunately the lower portion of the bank door on my Monopoly is gone. Searching Marco's and Bay Area they are clearly sold out and the likelihood of finding a replacement is probably zero.

Time to get crafty. I am posting this just after getting this setup and I have no idea if it will hold or work but here is my attempt at a repair.

JB Weld Expoxy Putty
3-1/8 in. x 5 in. Tie Plate http://www.homedepot.com/p/Simpson-Strong-Tie-3-1-8-in-x-5-in-Tie-Plate-TP35/100375154
Jigsaw and Metal Speed Blade. Tool choice is up to you.
Sandpaper

I measured the bank door width and height and the gap below the door and cut the Tie Plate to leave an 1/8" gap to prevent drag which would create playfield wear. I sanded the plate and the back of the bank door and mixed up some epoxy putty and applied it to the plate.
I then attached the plate to the back of the bank door and squeezed which pushed some epoxy through the holes in the plate. I pushed that epoxy down to create a mushroom.

I am now waiting for this to cure and will then apply some self stick rubber padding over the plate on the front.

Hopefully this will take care it.
The JB Weld is rated to 900psi and I am hoping the surface area I covered in the epoxy will be more than large enough to hold.

Fingers Crossed!IMG_2043_(resized).jpgIMG_2043_(resized).jpgIMG_2046_(resized).jpgIMG_2046_(resized).jpgIMG_2044_(resized).jpgIMG_2044_(resized).jpgIMG_2045_(resized).jpgIMG_2045_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I used some peel and stick rubber door weather stripping I had on hand on the front of the door.

Everything seems to be good at the moment. I will report back if/when it all fails!
IMG_2049_(resized).jpgIMG_2049_(resized).jpg
IMG_2048_(resized).jpgIMG_2048_(resized).jpg
IMG_2047_(resized).jpgIMG_2047_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

May I suggest you double up the newly installed steel back layer with a piece that fits just the bottom that way it will be flush with the door. Also paint it black and buy some velcro and cut a piece to cover the bottom part and stick it on there.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

May I suggest you double up the newly installed steel back layer with a piece that fits just the bottom that way it will be flush with the door. Also paint it black and buy some velcro and cut a piece to cover the bottom part and stick it on there.

Suggestions always welcome. When this rubber gives out I will do a v2.0

#5 7 years ago

Well that did not last long. 5 games in, one good shot to the bank and the new plate came off. It came off cleanly from the epoxy which is still perfectly attached to the bank door side. I sanded the new steel plate before application. I may just drill some holes and put in the screws and lock nuts on it.

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained right?

#6 7 years ago

As of this morning stern doesn't have any either

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Well that did not last long. 5 games in, one good shot to the bank and the new plate came off. It came off cleanly from the epoxy which is still perfectly attached to the bank door side. I sanded the new steel plate before application. I may just drill some holes and put in the screws and lock nuts on it.
Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained right?

Try riveting it to give it a cleaner look. As for something to use to adhere that rubber down, or any rubber for that matter. Try carpet tape.

#8 7 years ago

I will need to get some riveting equipment I guess unless you have one and want to stroll over to Solon?

#9 7 years ago

If you hold off, I may be coming through within the next few days actually. I am going fishing in punderson I think tomorrow or Saturday, besides I need to go to Hemley in Montville soon. I am sure we could rivet it quick. The bank door would just need drilled according to where you want the rivets installed. If it were me, I would utilize the design of those 4 circles around the word bank, and use them as your riveting spots.

#10 7 years ago

My new adhesive is holding strong. 3M Emblem adhesive adhered to the epoxy on the metal and it is on there for sure now!

#11 7 years ago

15 more games on the combined Epoxy Putty and 3M vehicle emblem adhesive. Still attached with movement at all.

#12 7 years ago

Still holding strong with the 3M automotive emblem adhesive after another 15 games.

I may change out the rubber I used for a closer to original look but thus far it is holding up nicely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-bank-door-cant-find-a-lower-bracket-try-and-make-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.