(Topic ID: 211902)

Monopoly Bad Ram

By Jenniebear

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2129 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

I got a NVRam 6264 for Mononoply pulled the ram out of U212 installed the NVram. Turned on the game and got weird sounds and the screen is all messed up. Went into the test menu and it said. Check sum $5EFF = Bad Ram. Took it out plug in the original Ram better sounds but still says $5EFF. I'm super confused. I can start a game but the graphics are warped and it wrong values. What the hell went wrong? Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Bad socket ?

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I don't think it's a socket because it was working before trying the NVram. None of the pins on the socket are loose or cold solder joints.

#4 6 years ago

Just tried installing the NVram and now it's working? I no longer get the message to open the door. While playing the game every once and awhile it says, Novice with a bunch of numbers in the lower left corner instead of the ball number, but the number always remains the same any time it shows up on any of the screens. The screen will freeze on a frame and the game will continue playing and will adventually change or it will be missing animation frames, dog will disappear in the chase or money bag missing from cash grab Could the roms be some how corrupt?

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jenniebear:

Just tried installing the NVram and now it's working? I no longer get the message to open the door. While playing the game every once and awhile it says, Novice with a bunch of numbers in the lower left corner instead of the ball number, but the number always remains the same any time it shows up on any of the screens. The screen will freeze on a frame and the game will continue playing and will adventually change or it will be missing animation frames, dog will disappear in the chase or money bag missing from cash grab Could the roms be some how corrupt?

EPROMs or ROMs can go flaky. I've had some that when read with a chip programmer, the correct checksum is reported.. then on a second read it's giving a totally different checksum. So yeah, it's possible for ROMs to go bad. It helps if you have a chip programmer that you can try reading the EPROM in multiple times to see if the checksum stays consistent (say, after 10-15 reads). I use a GQ-4X programmer and find it very easy to use. If you don't already own one and will be dealing with a lot of pinball machines, it pays for itself in no time for being able to verify chips or burn your own chips.

#6 6 years ago

Thank you for your help, I will check the EPROMs. Today I turned it on and all I got was stuck screen. I had to remove the NVram and reseat it and now it's working again. I just want to blow the machine up!

IMG_2129 (resized).JPGIMG_2129 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-bad-ram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.