Monopoly $1 a play?

By Mattgnsc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Is there a way to make it $1 a play? The rest of my games are a dollar and people play monopoly because it's only 50 cents.

#2 6 years ago

Download manual here if you don't have one. http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

Page 37 - table showing coin switch pulses and number of pulses needed for credit.

So if your game is on quarters. Set all the switches to one pulse per coin. And set the pulses needed for one credit to four.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Mattgnsc:

Is there a way to make it $1 a play? The rest of my games are a dollar and people play monopoly because it's only 50 cents.

Please be decent and make it 3 games for $2

#4 6 years ago

Curious to hear if anyone plays Monopoly after you set it to a $1... ha...

#5 6 years ago

All in adjustments. Factory is 1/$1 3/2$

#6 6 years ago

why not $.75 and a super value?

#7 6 years ago

Will they play none after You do this???

#9 6 years ago

Will the bill acceptor take Monopoly money?

#10 6 years ago

Surprised that you are an operator and don’t know how to adjust this setting. I truly hope you have someone cleaning and maintaining your machines for you.

#11 6 years ago

I've changed this setting many times on pins but can't seem to find the dollar option on monopoly. Thanks for the help ltg!

And actually it gets played a lot considering the newer pins in the lineup.

#12 6 years ago

^That is shocking given your nice line-up!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Are you sure that works in whitestar games ? I thought it started with the SAM System ?

LTG : )

#14 6 years ago

You might try the USA 9 setting, it isn't reflected in the manual and may not be present in the Monopoly code either. That change setting is available on my Simpson's Pinball Party, and it is Whitestar, too. It is a straight $1/1 play. Even looking at the Custom settings present in the Monopoly manual, there are no examples showing anything over 50 cents a play and most of the adjustments are to provide more play for less money. You could try some coin multiples using the advice provided by LTG to see if you can cobble something together in Custom. It can be frustrating when you can't set the game up the way you might like for your particular location.

One other consideration, keep the game at 50 cents, turn off replays and match settings. Personally, I don't like that approach but it is something else to think about.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

This is incorrect, default factory settings on Monopoly are 1 play 50 cents and 5 plays for $2.00. Unfortunately, there are no optional factory settings for one play over 50 cents, either. Stern increased factory defaults over the years, so yeah today the default setting is 1/$1 and 3/$2, but not back when Monopoly came out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-1-a-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.