Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Tronic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

monkey_business_gary_hart_donna_rice[1.jpg
    16b192c7ef860ef948b927ee7f4948d2.jpg
    !!fail.png
    #1 14 years ago

When I purchased my LOTR SE, I wanted the shaker motor installed. There is a company who is selling the machine with the shaker motor factory intalled as an option. I guess they are the only dealer with the claut to do this, but I didn't know that at the time. So, after a lot of calling around, I get a company, www.monkeyarcades.com who says they have a LOTR SE with the shaker motor installed. I said "Are you sure?" several times and I kept getting a yes. And again, before I give my Credit card info, I say "For dollars, I get the LOTR SE, Shaker motor installed and S&H?" Again, a "Yes" I say "Deal."
    Well, I get an invoice that just says LOTR SE for x dollars total. It's not broken down into machine, S&H or anything, just a total.
    I get the machine and lo and behold, no shaker.
    So, after a lot of wrangling, they want me to purchase the shaker motor separately. Because Stern says they don't install the shaker in any of their machines and because it's not on the invoice. Because the salesman misunderstood and was thinking I meant the shaker wire and programming, he didn't write it down. Again, their mistake. That is a verbal agreement (which all phone orders are) and they won't honor it. I don't recommend ever purchasing from Monkeys Arcades. I will get my Spiderman from somewhere else.

#2 14 years ago

I tell you now SealClubber - buy from JACK at PINBALLSALES.COM in NJ. Trust me on this. They are super nice polite and friendly people and the machine prices are the best. You cant go wrong. Jack and Katie will answer all your questions and will not try to pressure you into a sale. Please believe me on this.

#3 14 years ago

I bought two games from PINBALLSALES.COM with no issues what so ever !

#4 14 years ago

Jack really is a great person to buy from. He will answer your questions ASAP and not be bothered if you even want to call him on his cell phone. He seems to be up at the strangest hours sometimes. I remember one email at 3 AM his time.

If I EVER bought a NIB it would be from him. He's someone that really cares about your sale being perfect.

#5 14 years ago

I don't believe this stuff happens on purpose. It's just the common thing with box shifters, companies who know too little of the stuff they're pushing. I mean, c'mon shaker wire? Huh? Who would order a shaker wire?

Maybe you could try and point them to this forum thread. Your experience is rather bad publicity for their company because a search for Monkeys Arcade will lead people here. It might be worth a shaker motor to them if you would rectify your post "they sent me the motor anyway - very happy with Monkey Arcade now" message.

That would solve the problem for the both of you.

Do I have too much faith in the world? Hehe maybe

#6 14 years ago

I think Robin has a very good point!

#7 14 years ago

Good advice Robin..... The old rule,when you feel you've been ripped off don't let emotions get in the way, think about the businesses reputation, and politely/tactfully explain your reasons without getting emotional when not hearing what you want to hear. If you go about it right, no ego's are ruffled and chances are you're more likely to get what you want. After all,their in business to make money and they know a happy customer is worth ten fold in advertisement and sales and a helluva lot cheaper than paying for ads etc.

#8 14 years ago

Jack understands about reputation, service, etc etc .. It's something others need to pay more attention to especially in a fringe market business. I hope Stern learns the same lessons and makes a huge comeback with the new investors and their money. They need to listen to places/people like here and others. If they are smart they will do so.

Robin does have a very good point. Send this thread link to them. Let them see they can be a good company and make things right. I'm sure they aren't trying to offer products not as advertised and want to make their business the best it can be for everyone they sell to.

I just went through days and days and one rep/supervisor after another about how DirecTV really can't share the DVR content to the other boxes on your system yet like Comcast or Verizon FIOS (This was after paying $$$ to wireless network etc). After calmly dealing with them over and over and over they finally reached a compromise and supplied us with a second HD DVR at a small cost with no additional monthly fees. I did have to get a bit "nasty" about "Your promise/product was not as advertised" but in the end we worked it out to both of our satisfaction. It's always better to go this way then to just get mad and threaten, cuss, swear, whatever at any company. That gets you nowhere every time. They even offered to cancel the contract and send back all of their equipment at their expense in the end.

#9 14 years ago

Bad dealer. First rule of sales is know what the hell you are selling.

#10 14 years ago

That sucks that they ripped you off with the old bait n switch routine SC,
    I'm sure the salesman knew exactly what he was doing probably saw where you lived and figured you would take the hit and go down quietly like a ship at sea.
    I've seen those guys advertise on the net and I'll make sure none of my friends deal with those D-bags . thanks for letting us know

#11 14 years ago

They can even see, that's a reputation is world-wide known. Good , or Bad.

Lionel (France)

2 years later
    #12 11 years ago

Not sure what you guys are talking about. I purchased an AFM from monkeys three years ago and a Simpsons recently. Both pins came in great working order. Even the legs were polished. They came upright on pallets wrapped in plastic. There is no way they could have been dropped shipped. The guy told me they spend about two days preping a pinball. They even did cabinet touch ups that actually matched the paint on the money on the AFM. A large portion of the alien on the head was all redune. They must have spent hours on that alone! I think they have an artist over there. It doesn't really matter because another pin is right up against it but it sure looks good. The Simpsons head had scratches on it and you can't even tell it was painted! You have to stare at it to see it was touched up. Most pins I have bought that have been touched up look terrible. I got dark blue paint on the head of a funhouse that's way off and looks aweful. I have bought from jacks but know one shops out a pinball like monkeys! I have bought from everyone. The thief at bmi and all the big players. All the others do less then the guys at monkeys. With anyone else the cabinets are either touched up with the wrong colors or it looks like a two year old finger painted on them. One guy here had a problem with a shaker motor. The way stern is with so many different models these days I can understand the mix up. They have pins with and without coin slots now. There are a bunch of ac/dc models. It's sounds like it may have been an honest mistake to me. I'll keep buying from monkeys as they seem to go the extra mile.

#13 11 years ago

WTF would you bump a 2 year old thread. This smells bad.

#14 11 years ago

You don't think this guy might work for Monkey Arcade do you?

#15 11 years ago

The exact same response was in another resurrected Monkey's thread this morning. I call BS!

#16 11 years ago

Pinballguy,

We're not idiots. Second post out of 2 you made after signing up today.

#17 11 years ago

Major fail...and yet another reason NOT to buy from the Monkey. They'll fling poo at ya!

#18 11 years ago

Not sure what you guys are talking about. I purchased an AFM from monkeys three years ago and a Simpsons recently. Both pins came in great working order. Even the legs were polished. They came upright on pallets wrapped in plastic. There is no way they could have been dropped shipped. The guy told me they spend about two days preping a pinball. They even did cabinet touch ups that actually matched the paint on the money on the AFM. A large portion of the alien on the head was all redune. They must have spent hours on that alone! I think they have an artist over there. It doesn't really matter because another pin is right up against it but it sure looks good. The Simpsons head had scratches on it and you can't even tell it was painted! You have to stare at it to see it was touched up. Most pins I have bought that have been touched up look terrible. I got dark blue paint on the head of a Funhouse that's way off and looks aweful. I have bought from jacks but know one shops out a pinball like monkeys! I have bought from everyone. The thief at bmi and all the big players. All the others do less then the guys at monkeys. With anyone else the cabinets are either touched up with the wrong colors or it looks like a two year old finger painted on them. One guy here had a problem with a shaker motor. The way stern is with so many different models these days I can understand the mix up. They have pins with and without coin slots now. There are a bunch of ac/dc models. It's sounds like it may have been an honest mistake to me. I'll keep buying from monkeys as they seem to go the extra mile.

!!fail.png!!fail.png

#20 11 years ago

I don't know what you couple of guys above me are talking about. Sounds like this guy had an awesome experience. I've been waiting for two years to hear this. I'm ready to buy from monkey's arcade right now.

#21 11 years ago

LOL, Les.. too funny!

#22 11 years ago

"Pinballguy98".

Right.

#23 11 years ago

That is one of the my favorite "FAIL" pics. A great visual example of failure IMHO.

#24 11 years ago

Well, I guess robin was right and this thread turned up in a google search or something.

#25 11 years ago

'Everybodys got something to hide 'cept for me and my Monkey'

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballguy98:

Not sure what you guys are talking about. I purchased an AFM from monkeys three years ago and a Simpsons recently. Both pins came in great working order. Even the legs were polished. They came upright on pallets wrapped in plastic. There is no way they could have been dropped shipped. The guy told me they spend about two days preping a pinball. They even did cabinet touch ups that actually matched the paint on the money on the AFM. A large portion of the alien on the head was all redune. They must have spent hours on that alone! I think they have an artist over there. It doesn't really matter because another pin is right up against it but it sure looks good. The Simpsons head had scratches on it and you can't even tell it was painted! You have to stare at it to see it was touched up. Most pins I have bought that have been touched up look terrible. I got dark blue paint on the head of a Funhouse that's way off and looks aweful. I have bought from jacks but know one shops out a pinball like monkeys! I have bought from everyone. The thief at bmi and all the big players. All the others do less then the guys at monkeys. With anyone else the cabinets are either touched up with the wrong colors or it looks like a two year old finger painted on them. One guy here had a problem with a shaker motor. The way stern is with so many different models these days I can understand the mix up. They have pins with and without coin slots now. There are a bunch of ac/dc models. It's sounds like it may have been an honest mistake to me. I'll keep buying from monkeys as they seem to go the extra mile.

16b192c7ef860ef948b927ee7f4948d2.jpg16b192c7ef860ef948b927ee7f4948d2.jpg

#27 11 years ago

That fake a$$ post from pinballguy98 confirmed it...I am staying away from monkeys arcade.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#28 11 years ago

Makes me want some chilled monkey brains.

#29 11 years ago

Had to post this...it’s an election year after all!

monkey_business_gary_hart_donna_rice[1.jpgmonkey_business_gary_hart_donna_rice[1.jpg

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

That fake a$$ post from pinballguy98 confirmed it...I am staying away from monkeys arcade.

Seriously. I mean, what sort of idiot would think an obviously fake post like that would have a positive impact. Right? Points for concept, but shitty execution. Hang out for a few weeks/months, get your karma into four digits for god's sake, then commence your shallow subterfuge.

Take me for instance. I don't even like pinball. I'm an underground mole for Jersey Jack, but doing the dirty double agent for Stern and you guys are still clueless. Pretty soon my plan will go into motion and you poor a_holes won't know what psedo psychological marketing mega mind f^*k is compelling you to purchase NIB after NIB.

It's so diabolical. Christ. I almost feel sorry for you people .

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#31 11 years ago

Wow, just wow.. like a 3 year old couldn't see through this rhetoric...

#32 11 years ago

They even did cabinet touch ups that actually matched the paint on the money on the AFM. A large portion of the alien on the head was all redune. They must have spent hours on that alone! I think they have an artist over there. It doesn't really matter because another pin is right up against it but it sure looks good. The Simpsons head had scratches on it and you can't even tell it was painted! You have to stare at it to see it was touched up.

When you bought these, did they disclose the artwork wasn't original but had major touch ups ?

That could really effect the price.

LTG

#33 11 years ago

It might be a legit post, however it does seem a little "off." I always wonder why people do not put something in their profile. In this case they do not want us to know who they really are.

#34 11 years ago

Seems very suspect and reflects negatively on Monkeys Arcade. I've never done business with them, and this surely won't change my mind.

1 year later
    #35 9 years ago

Found this thread and sorry to resurrect but this was my experience with them.

I would never purchase from them again.

I purchased a pinball machine from them a year ago and paid the premium price at the time for the machine.
    We called and ordered the machine and explained that we needed the machine soon as we were moving from the Chicago are to Kansas. They told us is would be ready in two weeks. Two weeks came and went and I explained that we only had two more weeks before we would be gone. Instead of saying they would not be able to make the deadline, they said it would be ready the day before we left. I went to pick up the machine and they had it on a dolly and powered on. I couldn't really play the game as the ball would not roll correctly being flat on the dolly instead of tilted like it was supposed to when the legs were on. So with the pressure of packing a moving truck on my shoulders, I trusted them and took the machine home.

We moved to Kansas.

It worked for two days. When I opened the machine to see why it stopped, it was a nightmare. The first thing I noticed was the playfield was smashed around a green insert towards the back. also starting to split up near the top channels. We called them and they said the only thing they could do is send an off color replacement. We complained about the machine not starting up and they said the only thing they could do is tell us to try reseating the connections on all the circuit boards. Then, they stopped answering ours calls.

Then I dared to lift the playfield.

The playfield pivot levers were bent and scratched the sides every time I tried to lift it, and they wouldn't lock in the upright position. Wires were broken off the coils and sometimes melted into the connectors (like on the trough pcb connector). The one pop bumper bracket had been glued with "liquid nails" type caulk glue, which at no surprise, had broken again.
    The drop target was busted beyond repair, wasn't even functioning.
    All the flipper coils and mechanisms were in bad need of replacement. One of the gun turrets would turn.

I opened the back box.

I have pictures of this if anyone wants to see this disaster. Hacked wiring everywhere. Burned connectors, crazy capacitors strung in mid air by wires going to nowhere.

I have spent the last year repairing this machine. Every time I take something apart that I haven't touched before, I find more disaster.
    I just took the main driver board out today because of blown fuses, and the backside of the board looks like it went through a war, ripped up traces, wires soldered everywhere.

Do not buy from Monkey's Arcade unless you are ready to spend twice what you paid for the machine to buy parts.
    Never again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monkeys-arcade-bad-deal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.