Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mokeysense (resized).jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FXR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Found some good info here on Pimside about the sensor but I'd like to clarify something which might help me setting up my new sensor on WOZ. Does the sensor, sense the magnet on the flying monkey when it comes down to capture the ball or does it sense the big magnet on the playfield? Trying to understand exactly what it's doing so I might have a better chance of dialing it in correctly. Appreciate any info you might have. Thanks

#6 8 years ago

Good info here. So I'm guessing the sensor, senses a magnetic field thru the ball while it's captured on the playfield magnet, yes? No issues picking up the ball as I made the same adjustment kahanaohanaso did when I first received the machine. It did the same thing, monkey didn't go quite far enough down the worm gear.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

After I found the "right" spot for the sensor it only registered when a ball was on the activated magnet. I believe that confirms your guess above and matches with my understanding of how the sensor works.
FYI: For my sensor I just had to just leave 1 screw in place and then rotates it and then tighten it down.

Perfect. Thank you. I can now install the new sensor with a bit of an education. Much appreciation to all who responded.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Please update when fixed. If a photo is possible that would be wonderful.

Absolutely will. Should have my monitor driver board delivered the beginning of this week and I'll be more than happy to update with some photos.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Correct, and ditto on my fix....kind of a pita to get it " just right", and have had to go back in twice to nail it...make sure to put both screws back in snug when you find the right spot....will definitely wiggle out of alignment if you don't....

Thanks for the info MK6PIN, Do you have the chip on the sensor board facing the backboard or facing away? Would you happen to have a photo of your installation of the sensor? Thanks.

#15 8 years ago

Can't thank you all enough. Nice to get this info so quickly and easily. Should have joined Pinside a long time ago. When dirt was made, and me.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Please update when fixed. If a photo is possible that would be wonderful.

With everyone's help I was able to place the sensor in the perfect place for my pin. Works perfectly now. The monkey mechanism clears the little sensor with no issue. It's directly behind the playfield magnet but high up on the board. Now it only senses the magnetized ball. Pics are hard to get in there so these were the best I can do. Hope it helps.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Excellent work!!!!! make sure to put that other screw in there so it doesn't wiggle out of position....(speaking from experience)......

Second screw in. Just making sure it was working during game play. Working perfectly from both right and left orbit now. And very true, it's a very slight adjustment either way to get it just right. Worth the effort for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.95
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FXR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monkey-magnet-sensor-question?tu=FXR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.