Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Monkey pin”

• Go Monkey 4 votes
      24%
    • No Monkey 8 votes
      47%
    • Who's Monkey 5 votes
      29%

(17 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dyna (resized).PNG
    ff3f1f2f561cca4cf884a151249ba1b4bef4780d (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg-3 (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg-5 (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg-6 (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg-4 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    link (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210715_220403 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210715_220429 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210715_220450 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

After the success of Spooky's Ultra Man , I was thinking Monkey Magic would be a great niche title .
    I grew up watching this , so I thought it'd be cool to watch Monkey and his mates , on all of their Adventures .
    So many storylines would make great modes .

IMG_20210715_220403 (resized).jpgIMG_20210715_220403 (resized).jpgIMG_20210715_220429 (resized).jpgIMG_20210715_220429 (resized).jpgIMG_20210715_220450 (resized).jpgIMG_20210715_220450 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Had not heard of this one, but your title made me think of Lancelot Link!
    link (resized).jpglink (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

You guys never got this in the US ?

#4 2 years ago

I can’t believe I have never heard of this. I would have been totally obsessed with this.

#5 2 years ago

Based on their outfits, it looks like it's based on the 16th century Chinese tale 'Journey to the West'. Originally, the main character would have been a cursed monkey with martial skills. His companions were a turtle and a pig. I only know this because I have a pachislo machine based on the same story.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Based on their outfits, it looks like it's based on the 16th century Chinese tale 'Journey to the West'. Originally, the main character would have been a cursed monkey with martial skills. His companions were a turtle and a pig. I only know this because I have a pachislo machine based on the same story.
    [quoted image]

That pretty much sounds like it .

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I can’t believe I have never heard of this. I would have been totally obsessed with this.

I ... can't believe you haven't heard of it
    It was either this , or Get Smart , Hogan's Heroes , Brady Bunch or Happy Days , when coming home from school .

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

It was either this , or Get Smart , Hogan's Heroes , Brady Bunch or Happy Days , when coming home from school .

Watched (and enjoyed) all of those as well… I feel like there was little to no Asian television series or even characters on shows in the US during that time frame. Hell, even the show Kung Fu starred a white dude!

#9 2 years ago

You left out “Spank the Monkey” as a voting option

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

You left out “Spank the Monkey” as a voting option

Who would vote against it??

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Watched (and enjoyed) all of those as well… I feel like there was little to no Asian television series or even characters on shows in the US during that time frame. Hell, even the show Kung Fu starred a white dude!

Did you ever see , " they call me Bruce "

#12 2 years ago

i didnt think anything more obscure than ultraman existed

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Did you ever see , " they call me Bruce "

Of course. The martial-arts slapstick comedy movies (e.g. Jackie Chan, etc) were some of my favorites!

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

i didnt think anything more obscure than ultraman existed

It is amazing , depending on where you are , something is more obscure than something from some where else , I just assumed everyone knew about Monkey

#15 2 years ago

Sid and Marty Kroft shows
    Everyday after school...

images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-2 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-2 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-3 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-3 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-4 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-4 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-5 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-5 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-6 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-6 (resized).jpg
    Who didnt love Dr Shrinker and HR Puffnstuff

#16 2 years ago

The land of the lost now there’s one I can connect with

#17 2 years ago

Monkey magic was massive in Australia.

100% sure the opening tune is the reason I now love funk music.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Who didnt love Dr Shrinker and HR Puffnstuff

Some of my favorites as well.

#19 2 years ago

It was big in the UK as well. The main voices were dubbed by David Collings, who featured in several Doctor Who stories and was Silver in Sapphire & Steel.

#20 2 years ago

Sid and Marty Kroft shows
    Everyday after school...

how did i not see this show? She's hot......

apparently so hot i cant get the Dynagirl pic to download

dyna (resized).PNGdyna (resized).PNGff3f1f2f561cca4cf884a151249ba1b4bef4780d (resized).jpgff3f1f2f561cca4cf884a151249ba1b4bef4780d (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monkey-magic-?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.