Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2D89A3F7-72C5-4606-82E0-FCBE9CB9615D (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210225-071120 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwwhite15.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I apologize if I missed this topic somewhere. I did search and didn't find anything. I want to pay for a successful market sell but Paypal has been unavailable for a while now...and no, I don't want to enter my credit card information. Any idea on what is going on and if it will come back? Thanx in advance.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hate Paypal....
    Use your credit card ....

Yeah, wasn't really asking for opinions. Not useful or helpful at all. Thanx

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Hi all! Just wanted to chime in on this.
    Not so fun fact. Do you know how many notifications Paypal sent me regarding issues and downtime in the month of January alone? « Spoiler! Click to reveal.Nine! »
    OK, first of all, I'm sorry to those who rely solely on Paypal for online payments. Of course I'm not removing Paypal just because I feel like it; Truth is, I was having so many (technical) issues with them and their incredibly old and outdated backend systems, that I've finally decided I've had enough.
    Paypal has just become... A buggy mess... Dealing with Paypal payment issues was starting to take up multiple hours per week. Time I would much rather spend on maintaining and expanding Pinside features. Their customer service is quite poor with very slow response times to severe issues (like this one). And don't get me started on the amount of rejected payments with no reason specified. I've got a PM box full of weird Paypal issues being reported.
    So because of this, two weeks ago we disabled Paypal. Fortunately, most Pinsiders had no issue with the other option, paying via Stripe and I hope that this post will convince everyone else that Stripe is completely save and pretty awesome. I also think (personal opinion here) that Stripe are much more secure.
    Today I have upgraded to the latest version of Stripe payments with support for 3D secure and also Google and Apple Pay. All in all, Stripe's APIs have been a pleasure to work with so far and I feel their systems are much more modern, robust and secure.
    I might implement other payment providers in the future, time permitting. And who knows, maybe I'll bring back Paypal payments at some point too, if they get their **moderated* together. But until then, I hope you will keep supporting Pinside as that's ultimately what keeps this site alive and kicking!
    Did I mention, starting today, Pinside also supports Apple Pay and Google Pay!

Robin,

I appreciate the reply and back story. This is your site and you can do what you like but I don't know if you are making the right decision. To be honest when I checked your number for January I really thought it was going to be much higher than nine. As for the other issue how did it turn out? Sounds like the buyer pushed through a payment as F&F and not a purchase for goods. When a buyer chooses the option of F&F their information and address will not be there. I use PayPal A LOT and A LOT very recently and I have never seen that issue.

Anyway, again I appreciate the reply and maybe I should look into Google or Apple pay. Good luck in keeping this site a great place to pinball!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwwhite15.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/money-to-pinside-with-paypal?tu=jwwhite15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.