FF4D29B1-6F63-441F-BCDA-586DC89C74D1 (resized).jpeg
12858562-4363-47AB-8412-F5EA50811D59 (resized).jpeg
5D7773FC-059D-4EC3-AF56-4522BBBEC5E8 (resized).jpeg
49C2B9E9-6BEA-4157-A824-91163B44B7CB (resized).jpeg
MNF2.jpg.pdf (PDF preview)
MNF1.jpg.pdf (PDF preview)
mnf fuse pic (resized).jpg
6B66DE76-1D79-4CAF-82A3-7AFC9BFB8BE5 (resized).jpeg

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

I've noticed there isn't a club for Monday Night Football owners - obviously this will be a small club seeing only 1492 machines were produced but I feel it deserves a club!

So feel free to talk anything MNF - I'll start by saying my best football score is 89 points, pity the game doesn't keep that record on its battery though

I also have 1 of only 4 MNF machines I believe in that are in Australia

So share some pics, ask questions and random talk!!!!

#2 5 years ago

Also recently led'd my machine up, added white cliffy post protectors and rubbers throughout plus powder coated the 2 metal rails in white.

My playfield is a bit rough and I have a crack in the field goal ramp but I love this machine

thumbnail_5759ACB9-49E9-49F5-A0ED-D819556228D8 (resized).jpgthumbnail_5759ACB9-49E9-49F5-A0ED-D819556228D8 (resized).jpgthumbnail_5B7F6EA7-3B1C-4B09-B8B9-BBE314D5DF04 (resized).jpgthumbnail_5B7F6EA7-3B1C-4B09-B8B9-BBE314D5DF04 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#3 5 years ago

Just picked up a MNF last night. Having fun so far!!

#4 5 years ago

It’s certainly one of those games that’s more fun with multiple people than single play

#5 5 years ago

I was in the club for a short time a few years ago. The game I had was pretty rough shape but it was fun - and the music was awesome If I had plenty of space I would hunt one down again - they are pretty rare over here in the UK though. Cannot rememeber the last time I saw one come up on ebay, forums etc.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I was in the club for a short time a few years ago. The game I had was pretty rough shape but it was fun - and the music was awesome If I had plenty of space I would hunt one down again - they are pretty rare over here in the UK though. Cannot rememeber the last time I saw one come up on ebay, forums etc.

Guarantee they are even tougher to find in Australia!

#7 5 years ago

I’m in picked mine up two days ago. Weak slings flippers and pops so I’m rebuilding those and adding leds. Planning on adding an Oakland Raiders theme.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from martimagico:

I’m in picked mine up two days ago. Weak slings flippers and pops so I’m rebuilding those and adding leds. Planning on adding an Oakland Raiders theme.

Post some pics, would love to see it!

2 weeks later
#9 5 years ago

Will do once I make progress. The previous owner really neglected the mechanicals!! A faulty pop burned up a transistor on the MPU!!

#10 5 years ago

Anyone familiar with updates on the 2.9 roms?

#11 5 years ago

Count me in. Here is mine, minor wear in one inlane and a few minor cracks in the ramps. I like to compete for football points.

20181008_081248 (resized).jpg20181008_081248 (resized).jpg
#12 5 years ago

Looks good. Can’t see the crack in the ramps. It’s pretty common to have a crack in the Field Goal ramp. Mine has a crack and that one with the crack is an improvement on the ramp that was originally in mine. Any parts you can get are gold on this machine

#13 5 years ago

Does anyone here have any tips on preventing the ball from hitting the glass? It seems like I hit the glass about 70% of the time that I try to make a field goal? Is it simply a product of poor leveling or is there another possible reason? Also, is the goal post powder-coated? This is the only real blemish on an otherwise nice looking machine. Thank you

#14 5 years ago

I think hitting the glass is inevitable. It’s probably closer to 75% for me
In terms of the goal posts, they actually have a hard rubber like coating around them. I assume that is to prevent damage to the post itself

#15 5 years ago

Thanks, appreciate the feedback

1 week later
#16 5 years ago

It hits the glass a lot. I'm going to try some thicker and softer weather strip material on the diverter to cut down on field goal rejects.

1 week later
#17 5 years ago

Joining the club with a total project. Playfield is disassembled, missing boards, displays, and the backglass. Hoping to bring it back, but won't know till I get my hands on it and see if all the playfield parts are there. Does anyone have pics from doing a shop job for reference?

5 months later
#18 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Joining the club with a total project. Playfield is disassembled, missing boards, displays, and the backglass. Hoping to bring it back, but won't know till I get my hands on it and see if all the playfield parts are there. Does anyone have pics from doing a shop job for reference?

I’m about to do a playfield swap with mine, just picked up an improvement on my existing one. Happy to share photos if you like?

B1DD1321-8427-4F1E-9C9D-3FD70251C9C6 (resized).jpegB1DD1321-8427-4F1E-9C9D-3FD70251C9C6 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m about to do a playfield swap with mine, just picked up an improvement on my existing one. Happy to share photos if you like?[quoted image]

I would be very interested in your pictures as i'm just starting a tear down on mine i bought a month ago. I hope your swap is going well right now.

#20 4 years ago

I loaded a bunch of shop job pictures to the actual game page here on pinside if you look up the title you’ll see them

#21 4 years ago

I need some help from another MNF owner. Can anyone photograph under the playfield field goal lift ramp to tell me where the spring that holds it on goes?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I need some help from another MNF owner. Can anyone photograph under the playfield field goal lift ramp to tell me where the spring that holds it on goes?

I will try to tonight. Can you tell me what LED's you went with on your game?

#23 4 years ago

Maybe this will help? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5146-00

I'll still try taking a look tonight. As im not even sure what spring your talking about as i haven't had much time to go through my machine yet.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

I will try to tonight. Can you tell me what LED's you went with on your game?

I always go with comet ones

#25 4 years ago

Well, I am kind of in the club! I bought one 3 years ago and played it a little but wanted to re-theme it to the Minnesota Vikings MNF. I totally redid it. I am still not done or close. I will put a few pics up soon. I am having the play-field redone hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

#26 4 years ago

I hope these are what your looking for.

20190717_054333 (resized).jpg20190717_054333 (resized).jpg20190717_054351 (resized).jpg20190717_054351 (resized).jpg
#27 4 years ago

Perfect. Bugger I riveted the spring hook into the wrong spot!

1 week later
#28 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I always go with comet ones

Do you have a list of the quantity and sizes of bulbs required for this game? My service manual does not seem to have this. Also what shade or warmth did you go with?

#29 4 years ago

I don’t as I keep a ready supply and just changed on the machine as I went. You could just count them I guess. Most are bayonet though

2 weeks later
#30 4 years ago

Hey fellow MNF owners I need assistance!
My VUK had the top of the plunger break off. The plastic that cradles the ball. I tried gluing it with no luck. I can’t find a part number for just the plunger either. Any help?

ALSO my “UP” targets won’t register, looks like someone before me had them too tight and the field goal motor ripped them clean off. Can anyone post CLOSE UP pictures of which wires connect where on those switches?

1 month later
#31 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me what bolts to use to hold the head down to the cabinet? My game didn't come with any and it looks like most data east games had some sort of twist assembly to hold the head down but mine/ ours seems to just use 2 bolts.

3 weeks later
#32 4 years ago

Took me some time to find one in decent shape, but the game that got me started on this wild ride five years ago is finally back!

IMG_20191021_212534 (resized).jpgIMG_20191021_212534 (resized).jpgIMG_20191021_215855 (resized).jpgIMG_20191021_215855 (resized).jpg
#33 4 years ago

Looks like a nice example too, well done

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Took me some time to find one in decent shape, but the game that got me started on this wild ride five years ago is finally back![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice gameroom too! That 4player Pac looks awesome!!

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Nice gameroom too! That 4player Pac looks awesome!!

Thanks! It's my "completed" game room. I used quotes because I'm sure someday I'll swap something out, but for now I'm taking a break.

And yes, Pac-Man Battle Royale is a blast!

#36 4 years ago

Question for all you MNF owners:

Does anyone know the size of the brackets used to hold the referee topper? Have one coming from Marco, but it doesn't include the "L" brackets. Thanks in advance!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Question for all you MNF owners:
Does anyone know the size of the brackets used to hold the referee topper? Have one coming from Marco, but it doesn't include the "L" brackets. Thanks in advance!

My brackets have been riveted. The dimension of the brackets are 1" on the plastic topper by 5/8" flat to the backbox.

Hope this helps!

MNF.JPG.pdfMNF.JPG.pdf
#38 4 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

My brackets have been riveted. The dimension of the brackets are 1" on the plastic topper by 5/8" flat to the backbox.
Hope this helps![quoted image]

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#39 4 years ago

Hi Everyone i found a set of Monday Night Football NOS plastics for sale that i was going to buy but now think i'm going to pass on since my machine doesn't quite warrant that level of perfection. Let me know if you want the contact for them as they may serve you better then me. Plus maybe if you purchase them you can scan them all for us so we can just make what we need for a players level game.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Hi Everyone i found a set of Monday Night Football NOS plastics for sale that i was going to buy but now think i'm going to pass on since my machine doesn't quite warrant that level of perfection. Let me know if you want the contact for them as they may serve you better then me. Plus maybe if you purchase them you can scan them all for us so we can just make what we need for a players level game.

Does the set have the ref that flips up before dumping the ball into the left lane? My machine is missing that.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Does the set have the ref that flips up before dumping the ball into the left lane? My machine is missing that.

I think I have a spare of that ref plastic as I bought a plastic set for mine years ago. He does have a bracket that attaches so you’ll need that if your machine doesn’t have it

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I think I have a spare of that ref plastic as I bought a plastic set for mine years ago. He does have a bracket that attaches so you’ll need that if your machine doesn’t have it

Yeah, I don't think I have anything resembling a bracket, unfortunately. How much you want for the plastic?

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

I hope these are what your looking for.[quoted image][quoted image]

Can someone take a good picture of how their “UP” targets are wired? I did mine according to the manual but my left “U” target still doesn’t register unless both are hit at the same exact time... and my “P” target “machinegun” registers maybe 7 hits at once.... very weird

1 week later
#44 4 years ago

Hello, when I turn on my newly acquired Monday Night Football, a few words from a foreign language are displayed for the first few seconds. Does anyone know how I can change this to English? Thank you!!

#45 4 years ago

Can someone tell me how to set Monday Night Football to free play? Thank you!!

1 month later
#46 4 years ago

I picked one in pretty bad shape last night. Display works part of the time. And it says there’s a ball missing but there’s 3 in there and the switch is making contact. So I’m kind of at a loss there.

338A42D7-7923-4DE8-9387-AA4210565740 (resized).jpeg338A42D7-7923-4DE8-9387-AA4210565740 (resized).jpeg
#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

I picked one in pretty bad shape last night. Display works part of the time. And it says there’s a ball missing but there’s 3 in there and the switch is making contact. So I’m kind of at a loss there.[quoted image]

Congrats! Doesn’t look too bad!

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Can someone tell me how to set Monday Night Football to free play? Thank you!!

Have you figured this out?

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

I picked one in pretty bad shape last night. Display works part of the time. And it says there’s a ball missing but there’s 3 in there and the switch is making contact. So I’m kind of at a loss there.[quoted image]

Bad shape?! It’s dirty for sure, but I don’t see any major damage. The metal ramp is ugly but most of them get beat up and Marco has the decals for it.
Cabinet looks good, the display is most likely the aging HV circuit is failing as all the Data East’s are experiencing at this time. The caps are past their lifespans, rebuilding the HV will most likely fix it.
If the display stays on after a certain “warm up” period then that’s a dead giveaway. However a bad high voltage can also appear as if the display is outgassing.
I was able the measure the 100v output and view it fluctuating rapidly and not staying at a solid 100v which was the sign the display is good.

#50 4 years ago

I will warn with Marco's decals for the ramps the areas that are clear with the original decals are now white. I thought the white was just the backing until i already removed my decals from the bomb ramp and removed the backing from the Marco's ones. Wish i would have just left the original on there even if they were a little beat up. The metal ramp decal is nice from Marco's though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monday-night-football-club-it-s-good?hl=herk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.