FF4D29B1-6F63-441F-BCDA-586DC89C74D1 (resized).jpeg
12858562-4363-47AB-8412-F5EA50811D59 (resized).jpeg
5D7773FC-059D-4EC3-AF56-4522BBBEC5E8 (resized).jpeg
49C2B9E9-6BEA-4157-A824-91163B44B7CB (resized).jpeg
MNF2.jpg.pdf (PDF preview)
MNF1.jpg.pdf (PDF preview)
mnf fuse pic (resized).jpg
6B66DE76-1D79-4CAF-82A3-7AFC9BFB8BE5 (resized).jpeg
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago

Hello,
I used a pic I found on pinside from a for sale ad for reference. Just dug into this Monday Night Football. The field goal stays in the down position and the ramp doesn't raise. I opened it during the ramp test. It's limit switches work and say up and down on the display. The motor doesn't move when I push start for the motor test. The lock or brake part indicated below in the pic, stays down in both directions when I turn it or jog the relay for the motor with the start button during the motor test. I held the lock up and ran the motor. It works fine and the limit switches work fine. I'm not sure how this motor brake or lock works since it's locked in both directions in both notches. The manual is useless, and I'm not seeing any mechanism that would lift the lock. The spring seems fine. I can see how this is necessary since the motor has alot of coast to it even after it hits the limit switch.
Am I missing something? Why is this spring loaded lock not popping up to allow the ramp and goal post to raise? Why is it locking in both directions. Can someone explain this to me so I can repair it? Is this a common problem?
Thanks !
jason

49C2B9E9-6BEA-4157-A824-91163B44B7CB (resized).jpeg49C2B9E9-6BEA-4157-A824-91163B44B7CB (resized).jpeg
#202 1 year ago

I took the cover off the lock part. Does something belong in the highlighted slot on the pic below? Something that would push the lock into the unlocked position when the motor was at rest?

5D7773FC-059D-4EC3-AF56-4522BBBEC5E8 (resized).jpeg5D7773FC-059D-4EC3-AF56-4522BBBEC5E8 (resized).jpeg

#203 1 year ago

Looks like I have a piece missing. See the bottom plate thing from the Marco and NOS for sale pics below.

A closeup pic of that piece so I can make one would be much appreciated if anyone has time to snap a few shots of it.

If anyone has parts or an assembly for sale, let me know. Missing some plastics too.

12858562-4363-47AB-8412-F5EA50811D59 (resized).jpeg12858562-4363-47AB-8412-F5EA50811D59 (resized).jpegFF4D29B1-6F63-441F-BCDA-586DC89C74D1 (resized).jpegFF4D29B1-6F63-441F-BCDA-586DC89C74D1 (resized).jpeg

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from jaysunten:

Looks like I have a piece missing. See the bottom plate thing from the Marco and NOS for sale pics below.
A closeup pic of that piece so I can make one would be much appreciated if anyone has time to snap a few shots of it.
If anyone has parts or an assembly for sale, let me know. Missing some plastics too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Was this MNF a parts machine? Have you checked all throughout the cabinet or perhaps asked the prior owner if they noticed anything? Hard to believe that fell off on its own and prior owners never realized the goal wasn’t working!

#205 1 year ago

The operator didn't care. I got 4 of his games, and they were all booting and taking money but were virtually unplayable because of crap maintenance. I looked everywhere in the cab. Nothing. Is this some sort of rocker that has a magnet in it? Would you mind taking a pic of yours for me so I can build a part?

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Was this MNF a parts machine? Have you checked all throughout the cabinet or perhaps asked the prior owner if they noticed anything? Hard to believe that fell off on its own and prior owners never realized the goal wasn’t working!

1 month later
#206 1 year ago

Rules question do the balls stay locked in the game after the game is over or should they kick out thanks

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Rules question do the balls stay locked in the game after the game is over or should they kick out thanks

They stay locked until the end of the MNF theme song plays after a game, then should kick out

#208 1 year ago

Just picked up this MNF from Coolpinballdino A bit rough cosmetically but plays great. Thanks for an easy transaction. Took her home and gave her a nice cleaning and waxing. LED’s are next. Super fun game. Have yet to get that 7 loop ramp shot

1481E792-406B-4B7E-BCB7-893C5A4290A1 (resized).jpeg1481E792-406B-4B7E-BCB7-893C5A4290A1 (resized).jpeg1C5D710E-F94A-4E42-82E9-920DA1AAF81F (resized).jpeg1C5D710E-F94A-4E42-82E9-920DA1AAF81F (resized).jpeg9C935FC6-7D32-4C92-9B12-7DA6FF02749E (resized).jpeg9C935FC6-7D32-4C92-9B12-7DA6FF02749E (resized).jpeg
#209 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Also, if you get tired of waiting for the MNF song to end following a game (it was fun at first but then started to get a little old) you can turn off the match feature. The song won't play and the balls will kick out much more quickly.

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Just picked up this MNF from Coolpinballdino A bit rough cosmetically but plays great. Thanks for an easy transaction. Took her home and gave her a nice cleaning and waxing. LED’s are next. Super fun game. Have yet to get that 7 loop ramp shot
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have mine on location and I adjusted the left flipper up slightly higher than the right to make that loop shot a LOT easier. My record is 12 and some regulars have gotten 9s and 10s

#211 1 year ago

Hey fellas, just bought a MNF, with some issues. I've got to do some board repair which shouldn't be a problem and some cosmetic issues as well. However, the uprights that are supposed to come up are missing. Would anyone be willing to measure theirs for me? I need the width of the cross beam and the height of the two upright posts. The part that sticks into the black rubber(?) peice is still there and I'm wondering if I should try to pull it out which seems like it could be a bad idea, or try to attach the cross beam with the 2 uprights after I've made those. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

One more thing. My center ramp that the ball flys into after making the field goal is all cracked and broken from the ball hitting it, as I can only assume many of yours are. I've contacted a few of the pinball ramp makers and they've told me they're not making it due to the difficulty of making that ramp seeing as how thin the plastic curves up over the top and then back down to support lamps. I suggested perhaps redesigning the ramp so as to simplify it and make it more durable. I was then told that if one were to redesign the ramp that the profit margin would shrink greatly due to purists then not wanting to buy it because it's not factory, which I can completely understand. However, and I'm just trying to gauge some interest here, but I've talked to a few plastic shops in the bay area here where I live and have been told it can be remade exactly as it was done originally. Thing is the mold would cost about $2500 to have made cuz they've got to make both sides, a top and a bottom, and that each ramp I purchased after that would be between $250 and $350 depending on how many I bought at a time. So question then becomes, how many MNF owners need and would buy the ramp? Or how many MNF owners wouldn't mind buying a redesigned ramp that wouldn't cost as much for the mold and be cheaper per ramp and potentially be more durable than the original? Just to be clear, this is not intended to be some profit making venture for myself. Simply trying to contribute to a community that has helped me every time ive needed it and has taught me so much. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from BigUgly:

Hey fellas, just bought a MNF, with some issues. I've got to do some board repair which shouldn't be a problem and some cosmetic issues as well. However, the uprights that are supposed to come up are missing. Would anyone be willing to measure theirs for me? I need the width of the cross beam and the height of the two upright posts. The part that sticks into the black rubber(?) peice is still there and I'm wondering if I should try to pull it out which seems like it could be a bad idea, or try to attach the cross beam with the 2 uprights after I've made those. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
One more thing. My center ramp that the ball flys into after making the field goal is all cracked and broken from the ball hitting it, as I can only assume many of yours are. I've contacted a few of the pinball ramp makers and they've told me they're not making it due to the difficulty of making that ramp seeing as how thin the plastic curves up over the top and then back down to support lamps. I suggested perhaps redesigning the ramp so as to simplify it and make it more durable. I was then told that if one were to redesign the ramp that the profit margin would shrink greatly due to purists then not wanting to buy it because it's not factory, which I can completely understand. However, and I'm just trying to gauge some interest here, but I've talked to a few plastic shops in the bay area here where I live and have been told it can be remade exactly as it was done originally. Thing is the mold would cost about $2500 to have made cuz they've got to make both sides, a top and a bottom, and that each ramp I purchased after that would be between $250 and $350 depending on how many I bought at a time. So question then becomes, how many MNF owners need and would buy the ramp? Or how many MNF owners wouldn't mind buying a redesigned ramp that wouldn't cost as much for the mold and be cheaper per ramp and potentially be more durable than the original? Just to be clear, this is not intended to be some profit making venture for myself. Simply trying to contribute to a community that has helped me every time ive needed it and has taught me so much. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

There are so few MNF’s I don’t know if there will be big demand. That would be great if repros of the ramp were available

#213 1 year ago

There are so few MNF’s I don’t know if there will be big demand. That would be great if repros of the ramp were available

I agree! I would certainly be in on a repro ramp if they were available.

#214 1 year ago

My centre ramp has the crack in the same spot you specify so I'd be in for the ramp as long as the decals are included as well

1 week later
#215 1 year ago

I have mine on location and I adjusted the left flipper up slightly higher than the right to make that loop shot a LOT easier. My record is 12 and some regulars have gotten 9s and 10s

Thanks for the heads up. Great game!

2 months later
#216 1 year ago

Hey folks, I'm having an issue with the ABC rollovers at the top of the playfield. Typically once one of the ABC lights has been lit, you can move the lit letter around by using the flipper buttons. For some reason, only the left flipper button is moving the letters. Both flippers work fine, so its likely another loose connection somewhere between the right flipper button and the ABC lights, I'm assuming? Just wondering if anyone has encountered anything like this before I start digging around.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from plovis:

Hey folks, I'm having an issue with the ABC rollovers at the top of the playfield. Typically once one of the ABC lights has been lit, you can move the lit letter around by using the flipper buttons. For some reason, only the left flipper button is moving the letters. Both flippers work fine, so its likely another loose connection somewhere between the right flipper button and the ABC lights, I'm assuming? Just wondering if anyone has encountered anything like this before I start digging around.

Might be silly but make sure all 3 lights are working up there.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from plovis:

Hey - Is the machine plugged in Have you checked that? LOL

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from plovis:

Check the EOS switch stack - these are actually 2 switches - 1 for EOS and 1 for the lane change (also used for entering high score initials) - the latter switch is out of adjustment. Since one of your flipper switches successfully controls the ABC lane lights then the lamp driver circuit forward is good and the problem is likely at the switch or the wiring from the switch to the CPU.

"On games Monday Night Football and before without solid state flippers, there is a second switch on the flipper EOS switch stack that is connected to the switch matrix. This switch often goes out of adjustment, preventing the high score initials from being entered. This will also affect the lane change operation (if the game uses that). If this normally open switch is out of adjustment (permanently closed or open), the player will not be able to enter their high score initials with the flipper buttons."

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Check the EOS switch stack

That was it! Overlooked the EOS at first since it was registering in test. Upon closer inspection I noticed it was "chattering" when I pushed the flipper up. Cleaned the contacts and we're back in business. Easy fixes are always the best. Appreciate the help!

1 month later
#221 1 year ago
Quoted from mystman12:

So I'm looking to buy upgraded ROMs, but it looks like I need two game ROMs, B5 and C5. My game however only looks to have one game ROM, C5. The B5 location doesn't even have a socket.
Do I just need to buy the C5 ROM? Sites that offer the ROMs seem to imply I need both, and even the manual says there are two PROMs on the CPU board. Not sure what the deal is.
[quoted image]

i have the same question. what did you end up doing?

#222 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I have had my mnf for a few months now and it’s always had an issue that we have just been ignoring until now. All speech is glitchy and very up and down with volume. I’m not sure what the issue is so I was hoping someone might know what to do.

2 weeks later
#223 1 year ago

I picked up one of these some time back.. actually was given to me as a payment for helping someone out.. A generous fellow pinhead.. He picked it up for 250 bucks.. we went and picked it up.. brought her home.. and thought I'd be in for a big surprise of messes.. acid damage etc.. but nope..

It had an after market power supply and (Rotten Dog) MPU installed.. I was super surprised.. I thought to myself.. wow there's the moneys worth right there.. not too bad of breakage on the playfield.. obviously the field goal ramp was repaired a time or two..

shortening things up a bit.. I'll just say it's 100 percent playable at this juncture.. but always doing things to make it better.. it had Williams flipper bats installed.. so I'll be changing those out with DE logo white flipper bats shortly...

To address what some are asking as of 20 days ago.. maybe you'll see this post and get info out of it..

What I'm talking about is the single ROM you guys are concerned about.. one thing you can do is look at the jumpers on your MPU and see what they correspond to either one rom or two populated as per the jumper settings.. when I put ROMs in my MNF I chose to burn the software (ROM) into a single chip.. and arranged the jumpers accordingly.. which is probably what has been done with your machine as well.. if indeed it has only one game ROM..

What you can probably do if you're buying the ROMs from a site and they won't program them to a single chip as your board is configured.. just change the jumpers and install the two ROMs as you intended..

This may be of help.. check here :

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Data_East/Sega#ROM_Size_and_CPU_Jumper_Settings

All in all a good game..

3 weeks later
#224 1 year ago

Found a Data East MNF Key Chain if anyone is interested, pm. $15 shipped.

IMG_0520 (resized).JPGIMG_0520 (resized).JPGIMG_0521 (resized).JPGIMG_0521 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#225 1 year ago

Here’s an interesting one….

If I’m in attract mode and press a flipper button, the moment I hit the start button the MPU crashes. Have to power cycle. If I avoid hitting the flipper buttons in attract mode and only while in an active game…all is fine. Easy for me to remember to have hands off the the flippers in between games, guests no so much.
All boards are Data East except the MPU (Rottendog). Any thoughts or starting points?

Thanks!

1 week later
#226 12 months ago
Quoted from sdscribe:

Here’s an interesting one….
If I’m in attract mode and press a flipper button, the moment I hit the start button the MPU crashes. Have to power cycle. If I avoid hitting the flipper buttons in attract mode and only while in an active game…all is fine. Easy for me to remember to have hands off the the flippers in between games, guests no so much.
All boards are Data East except the MPU (Rottendog). Any thoughts or starting points?
Thanks!

I had a similar issue. Mine was fixed by a factory reset.

3 weeks later
#227 11 months ago

Just joined the club. Anyone know where to buy just the field goal ramp flap sticker? Mine looks like balls. I saw one on ebay but $15 plus shipping. Whole sticket set is ~$50.

Ay updates on ramps or are we all SOFL?

#228 11 months ago

I'd honestly pay the $15 plus shipping, particularly if it's an original. The repro sets on ebay are off in color and aren't correct, especially the ramp decals.

As for ramps - no chance, I've been looking for a centre field goal ramp for my machine for nearly 10 years, never seen one that isn't cracked or broken, especially the part that the ball first hits at the back of the ramp before it turns the corner

#229 11 months ago

I have the ebay sticker on mine. The colors are off, there is a white spot over the top left rivet. It does look better than a bare metal ramp.

#230 11 months ago

Looks like ebay or Planetary (whole sticker set) are the only game in town. Appreciate the feedback.

My ramp is cracked and the previous owner put green tape on it I think to cushion the ball hits. Problem, you cant see through it. I wonder if someone on here has created a sticker with fans - like sitting behind the goal posts at the stadium. That would cover our cracks up and decorate nicely.

IMG_0525.png (resized).jpegIMG_0525.png (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#231 9 months ago

Pretty slow in here but I guess I'll throw a question out: My MNF has an intermittent right speaker. Sometimes the volume is correct, sometimes it's super quiet, such that it can only be heard with your ear up against it. My hunch is that the amplifier is going bad, but before I try to replace it, I was wondering if there was any way I could properly check it first, to make sure it actually is the bad component and not something else. Anything I can do with a DMM or Logic Probe? Or is it safe to say it just needs replaced based on my symptoms?

3 weeks later
#232 8 months ago

Just moving my game into its new home and max pitch I get is actually 5.1 degrees as I have these old style levellers on it. Is everyone at 6.5 and what levellers do you have?

IMG_9692 (resized).jpegIMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#233 5 months ago

Hey if anyone is looking for a #Monday Night Football or some parts please see my adds. Open to offers.

Parts - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “I have some very hard to find NOS plastic for a Monday Night Football. I have a set of slingshots, the plastic around where the field goal posts raise and lower, and one on the lef...”
2023-11-10
Northville, MI
150 (OBO)
Archived after: 68 days
Viewed: 165 times
Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “I have a nice playing Monday night football. It has wear but in good shape. The main board and power supply are rotten dog and there is a GI smoother added which you can see in the...”
2023-11-10
Northville, MI
2,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 68 days
Viewed: 624 times

3 weeks later
#234 4 months ago

Anyone have an extra center ramp? Yeah, a unicorn ask but you never know unless you ask.

#235 4 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Anyone have an extra center ramp? Yeah, a unicorn ask but you never know unless you ask.

No chance lol
I need one as well as pretty much every owner I reckon

3 weeks later
#236 3 months ago

I am looking for one of the light PCBs. Anyone has parted out and might have one, or know where to look, please let me know. Numbers shown on it are:

NFL-0.1

520-5029-01

MNF (resized).pngMNF (resized).png
#237 3 months ago
Quoted from cianflon:

I am looking for one of the light PCBs. Anyone has parted out and might have one, or know where to look, please let me know. Numbers shown on it are:
NFL-0.1
520-5029-01
[quoted image]

Wow, first post in 3 years! Congrats! (Free bump)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monday-night-football-club-it-s-good/page/5?hl=rhettdr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.