FF4D29B1-6F63-441F-BCDA-586DC89C74D1 (resized).jpeg
12858562-4363-47AB-8412-F5EA50811D59 (resized).jpeg
5D7773FC-059D-4EC3-AF56-4522BBBEC5E8 (resized).jpeg
49C2B9E9-6BEA-4157-A824-91163B44B7CB (resized).jpeg
MNF2.jpg.pdf (PDF preview)
MNF1.jpg.pdf (PDF preview)
mnf fuse pic (resized).jpg
6B66DE76-1D79-4CAF-82A3-7AFC9BFB8BE5 (resized).jpeg
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from carhunter1951:

Where did you get this? I need it as well.
Thank you!
-Scott

I found it on ebay about a year ago and bought it immediately. Honestly i have been saving it, hoping someone can make a repo as its the only not destroyed one i've ever seen. Happy to scan it and some of the others you can't buy anymore if someone can remake them.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Paging JodyG
My ramps are good, but the skill shot gets totally beat to hell! Also my field goal plastic has cracked as have others, and the decal for my ramp is pretty rough. I’d love to have someone re-plasticoat the goalpost.
I’ve gotten a ton of air balls whacking the glass lately. I’m pretty sure the sliding bracket has slowly worn out so the ramp sits slightly lower and the ball ricochets off the lip of the ramp into the glass. Anyone know if the metal guide for the ramp motor is repro’d somewhere?

There is a metal bushing on the ramp that does wear. When i got mine it was worn through the bushing and almost through the bolt the bushing rides on. Found what i needed to replace it at home depot for a few bucks and its been better ever sense.

#153 2 years ago

Good morning everyone,

So I've just about got my machine back to 90% (I'm not sure it'll ever be 100%, given the age) but last night the large red lamps were all working, but after playing the machine a bit this morning 4 of them have stopped working. The 2 on the left and right of the uprights for the field goal, and then the two on the farthest upper left of the play field. The one on the upper right of the play field, and the one on the lower left are still working. Just trying to figure out if there's some wire on the play field that can commonly become loose because it might get jostled, that would cause these four specific lamps to stop working. Looking to do some maintenance to get things a bit more reliable.

20211010_093739 (resized).jpg20211010_093739 (resized).jpg20211010_093743 (resized).jpg20211010_093743 (resized).jpg
#154 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Good morning everyone,
So I've just about got my machine back to 90% (I'm not sure it'll ever be 100%, given the age) but last night the large red lamps were all working, but after playing the machine a bit this morning 4 of them have stopped working. The 2 on the left and right of the uprights for the field goal, and then the two on the farthest upper left of the play field. The one on the upper right of the play field, and the one on the lower left are still working. Just trying to figure out if there's some wire on the play field that can commonly become loose because it might get jostled, that would cause these four specific lamps to stop working. Looking to do some maintenance to get things a bit more reliable.[quoted image][quoted image]

Resolved. Looks like replacing those with LEDs was causing an issue. Putting the larger halogens back in solved the issue.

My only remaining issue is the below red lamp not flashing, but I'm about 99% certain the purple wire next to it needs to be connected. Can anyone verify from theirs?

received_2923347087906614 (resized).jpegreceived_2923347087906614 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#155 2 years ago

Anyone have a picture of the wiring to the flippers? Thanks!!!

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

There is a metal bushing on the ramp that does wear. When i got mine it was worn through the bushing and almost through the bolt the bushing rides on. Found what i needed to replace it at home depot for a few bucks and its been better ever sense.

Wow, you’re right. I just found it. Worn almost completely through!!

19ED0327-9971-4824-9805-4DA3C6A08B40.jpeg19ED0327-9971-4824-9805-4DA3C6A08B40.jpegC7E2121C-DEA0-4681-9416-314750B9CB15.jpegC7E2121C-DEA0-4681-9416-314750B9CB15.jpeg
#157 2 years ago

Alright so I ordered new coils and the didodes are reversed? Is that correct? My flippers aren’t working correctly

7C4B0D73-D9D0-4A32-80CA-721CE179B460 (resized).jpeg7C4B0D73-D9D0-4A32-80CA-721CE179B460 (resized).jpeg
#158 2 years ago

Can anyone send me a picture of the flipper coil and wires that connect to the coil? Thanks!

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Can anyone send me a picture of the flipper coil and wires that connect to the coil? Thanks!

Forgot I took this a few days ago for you!

6E9B1C80-45CC-46CE-BDB6-F7629D69AE9B.jpeg6E9B1C80-45CC-46CE-BDB6-F7629D69AE9B.jpeg

#160 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Thank you so much!

#161 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Alright mine seems to be wired correctly but I am still having issues. The coil gets 50volts coming into it but the flippers just don't work. I thought maybe the diodes being reversed was the reason why but I guess not..

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright mine seems to be wired correctly but I am still having issues. The coil gets 50volts coming into it but the flippers just don't work. I thought maybe the diodes being reversed was the reason why but I guess not..

Have you tried grounding them directly? If the machine is on and started up, you should be able to put an alligator clip on one side and tap it against the ground to get it to fire. If that works then the coil is good. If not, then it’s bad. I recently had this happen, coil fired but wouldn’t hold. Hold winding was shot but you’d never be able to tell! It looked fine until I desoldered it.

#163 2 years ago

Have you tried grounding them directly? If the machine is on and started up, you should be able to put an alligator clip on one side and tap it against the ground to get it to fire. If that works then the coil is good. If not, then it’s bad. I recently had this happen, coil fired but wouldn’t hold. Hold winding was shot but you’d never be able to tell! It looked fine until I desoldered it.

Yeah it’s weird I put brand new coils on it and when you hit the flipper button the flipper starts to engage almost vibrate. It was doing that with the old coils too.

Added over 2 years ago:

Fixed- It was a connector issue and now the flipper work great.

1 month later
#164 2 years ago

Hi all, my b eject hole suddenly stopped working, so the ball just sits in the hole and I can’t continue the game. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The switch seems to be working, but then the ball just sits there. Thanks. Not a lot of info on the net about this particular game.

It sounds like it is working, but the upkick doesn’t seem to have enough power. Do I simply need to replace the coil?

#165 2 years ago

I just joined the club!

Quick question before I start digging into the game more. How do you turn on the Monday Night Football song that plays at the end of a game? Mine isn't playing it even though attract mode music is set to on.

Edit: I figured it out, the buy-in setting needs to be set to "balls". I guess the song is considered a sort of buy-in timer, but only for keeping any locked balls. Weird.

PXL_20211224_040233937 (resized).jpgPXL_20211224_040233937 (resized).jpg

#166 2 years ago

So I'm missing the blimp plastic on the right ramp that prevents airballs. Anywhere to buy it, or anyone have any extras they'd be willing to sell? The airballs without it aren't too bad, but I have had a few jump over the switch now.

621b75139f8d850422056017c03e06717f3b5e6d (resized).jpeg621b75139f8d850422056017c03e06717f3b5e6d (resized).jpeg
#167 2 years ago

Mine didn't have one either when I got it, so I just used a 4" plastic disc instead. Works fine and doesn't stand out at all.

20211227_125911 (resized).jpg20211227_125911 (resized).jpg
#168 2 years ago
Quoted from plovis:

Mine didn't have one either when I got it, so I just used a 4" plastic disc instead. Works fine and doesn't stand out at all.
[quoted image]

Good idea! Looks like the one on the World Cup Soccer ramp

#169 2 years ago

So I'm looking to buy upgraded ROMs, but it looks like I need two game ROMs, B5 and C5. My game however only looks to have one game ROM, C5. The B5 location doesn't even have a socket.

Do I just need to buy the C5 ROM? Sites that offer the ROMs seem to imply I need both, and even the manual says there are two PROMs on the CPU board. Not sure what the deal is.

PXL_20211229_171112806 (resized).jpgPXL_20211229_171112806 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#170 2 years ago

So I noticed after getting my Monday Night Football set up that there is a lot of cracking and a small piece missing from the end of the bomb ramp. After playing for a bit I realized why. Sometimes, if you hit it just right, the ball will fly off of the jump ramp and smack right into the end of the bomb ramp!

So, I got a couple of 3" hex posts to place in front of it where some acorn nuts usually go. So far, these have prevented airballs headed towards the ramp from actually hitting it! The upper one is pretty tight, and unfortunately due to the missing plastic on my ramp the ball is able to bounce off of it on occasional ramp shots, but I don't think that would be a problem with a ramp that's fully intact. May see if I can throw together a metal ball guide to place over the broken plastic.

PXL_20220102_232908019 (resized).jpgPXL_20220102_232908019 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#171 2 years ago

Having a super weird issue.
When you lock a ball in the left VUK, and then you wack another ball up there it kicks out the locked left anyway, so you get two balls.
Any clue what may be happening?
If the switch is misadjusted why would it kick out a new ball?

I hit the locked ball several times and it didn’t do it for me, but Mermink has had it happen to her several times while playing.
What is she doing to break my game??

#172 2 years ago

So to clarify, when you lock a ball in the left VUK and then launch another ball into the "pass" lane, the VUK fires sending the locked ball out? So, then the second ball rolls back out of the pass lane, giving you two balls in play. If this is the case, does the "pass" light remain solid, as though a ball is still locked there?

#173 2 years ago

I’m looking to upgrade my alpha numeric display in this game to a different colour, I’ve seen blue ones in similar games from the era. Does anyone here have a lead on where to find one?

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from plovis:

So to clarify, when you lock a ball in the left VUK and then launch another ball into the "pass" lane, the VUK fires sending the locked ball out? So, then the second ball rolls back out of the pass lane, giving you two balls in play. If this is the case, does the "pass" light remain solid, as though a ball is still locked there?

Yes, that’s precisely the issue. It doesn’t happen every time, it’s uncommon but screws up the entire game

3 weeks later
#175 2 years ago

This is our time to shine boys! Best Super Bowl party game ever! Just set mine to four balls a game. Football points only. Ready for my guests to try to launch the ball through my playfield glass. Such a fun crowd pleaser. Hope everyone here gets in a couple skill shot runbacks before the big game.

1 week later
#176 2 years ago

So I've been trying to troubleshoot why my Monday Night Football occasionally kicks out two balls, and the only thing I'm noticing in the switch test compared to the other switches is there seems to be just a tiny delay when I press those switches from when they register. Every other switch seems to be instantaneous. It's like a half a second or less but I'm sure this is what's causing the issue. Any idea what would cause that kind of delay? I'm a little at a loss.

I tried replacing all of the capacitors on those switches with new ones but that did not fix anything.

To elaborate with a little more detail: The first switch which is the out hole switch works fine. It's the trough 3 and then each switch after that that have the delay. Replacing the capacitors on those switches did not help. It's like a half second delay after you press it and then a half second delay before it stops pressing when you let it go.

#177 2 years ago

I would check the switch in the shooter lane possibly?

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I would check the switch in the shooter lane possibly?

Shooter lane switch works perfectly. It does not seem to be an issue with any switches themselves, but all 3 through switches have the same delay.

#179 2 years ago

Mmm
That’s got me stumped sorry

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Mmm
That’s got me stumped sorry

I'm with you it's a really odd problem.

I even tried replacing the switches just to be sure, and even then the problem persists.

Switch 1 Even after replacement is occasionally even sticking closed even after it's no longer being depressed, at least in the test menu.

#181 2 years ago

I'm with you it's a really odd problem.
I even tried replacing the switches just to be sure, and even then the problem persists.
Switch 1 Even after replacement is occasionally even sticking closed even after it's no longer being depressed, at least in the test menu.

You replaced the switches and diodes?

#182 2 years ago

You replaced the switches and diodes?

Yes I did. Didn't solve anything unfortunately.

#183 2 years ago

Does anyone have schematics for MNF? I can't find them anywhere. The manuel is no help. Thanks

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from MRDZ:

Does anyone have schematics for MNF? I can't find them anywhere. The manuel is no help. Thanks

Looks like IPDB has them digitized:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/1616/Data_East_1989_Monday_Night_Football_English_Manual.pdf
Pgs. 35+
(What specific section are you looking for?)

1 month later
#185 2 years ago

So I recently upgraded the ROMs on my MNF (From 1.4 to 2.7) and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed as the newer ROM has a few changes I don't like at all. Mainly, the locks now light up every time a new ball is served, even with the spot locks setting off (Now the only difference between it being on and off is that the locks aren't lit at the beginning of the game or immediately after multiball). I was really enjoying the difficulty of having to knock down the drops to light locks, but now there isn't much point in doing that. It also shortened the super jackpot timer (I guess since multiball is easier to reach now) which cuts the music off early.

On the other hand it fixes a handful of bugs I noticed on the older ROM, mainly one which caused the football scores the randomly change after a game is over, making it hard to know who really won.

I think I'm probably going to switch back to the older ROM, but I'm wondering, does anyone know if there's a ROM that doesn't make the multiball too easy to reach while also fixing some of the bugs of the older ROM? I'm assuming there's other revisions between 1.4 and 2.7, but where I'd get them and how I'd find out what the differences are, I don't know.

1 week later
#186 1 year ago
Quoted from mystman12:

So I recently upgraded the ROMs on my MNF (From 1.4 to 2.7) and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed as the newer ROM has a few changes I don't like at all. Mainly, the locks now light up every time a new ball is served, even with the spot locks setting off (Now the only difference between it being on and off is that the locks aren't lit at the beginning of the game or immediately after multiball). I was really enjoying the difficulty of having to knock down the drops to light locks, but now there isn't much point in doing that. It also shortened the super jackpot timer (I guess since multiball is easier to reach now) which cuts the music off early.
On the other hand it fixes a handful of bugs I noticed on the older ROM, mainly one which caused the football scores the randomly change after a game is over, making it hard to know who really won.
I think I'm probably going to switch back to the older ROM, but I'm wondering, does anyone know if there's a ROM that doesn't make the multiball too easy to reach while also fixing some of the bugs of the older ROM? I'm assuming there's other revisions between 1.4 and 2.7, but where I'd get them and how I'd find out what the differences are, I don't know.

So this is interesting as I just picked one of these up. Mine says CO2-4 when it boots. The game currently plays mostly fine in single player, but I was told does not work in multiplayer. The folks I got it from said that they were pretty sure it was a rom issue, but they didn’t get a chance to try and replace them. It’s also got some quirks in single player, and just when it is on it freezes after a while, so I’m definitely interested to see what will happen with a new set of roms. That said mine also starts wit the locks lit. Can’t quite tell if that’s adjustable, as I want to knock the high score off before I adjust any settings. Will let you know more as soon as I suck less at the game, haha.

Anyways, looks like I can buy the roms on here and there are two sets of two or Marco has five individual ones, which I find that discrepancy a bit odd. Any suggestions on what to go with?

#187 1 year ago

Alright so I started playing my MNF tonight and noticed the slingshots aren't working. So I started checking around and found the F5 4A Sio-Blo Solenoid (34VDC) on the power supply fuse blown. Replace it and it did it again. Any thoughts guys?

3 weeks later
#188 1 year ago

Hey all
Curious as to what the legs on this machine should look like? I just noticed I have 1 leg different from all the rest
My legs are like the below pic

7D6E0B06-A4BE-413E-876B-A3ED29A752E6 (resized).jpeg7D6E0B06-A4BE-413E-876B-A3ED29A752E6 (resized).jpegB854CB81-2604-433C-B13E-00809B39A880 (resized).jpegB854CB81-2604-433C-B13E-00809B39A880 (resized).jpegC36E3A54-9F3B-465D-B89A-74A219F5F29D (resized).jpegC36E3A54-9F3B-465D-B89A-74A219F5F29D (resized).jpeg
#189 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hey all
Curious as to what the legs on this machine should look like? I just noticed I have 1 leg different from all the rest
My legs are like the below pic[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Back right is wrong. Some random leg, probably replaced a bent one. The other 3 are correct

#190 1 year ago

Back right is wrong. Some random leg, probably replaced a bent one. The other 3 are correct

Thank you that’s what I thought too

1 week later
#191 1 year ago

Man I’ve had my fair share of issues with this game. Game was playing good now my isn’t booting correctly. MPU is a new rotten dog, and I am only seeing two lights on usually the light on the left blinks I believe. Any thoughts?

6B66DE76-1D79-4CAF-82A3-7AFC9BFB8BE5 (resized).jpeg6B66DE76-1D79-4CAF-82A3-7AFC9BFB8BE5 (resized).jpeg
#192 1 year ago

Doing a bit more work in improving my game, found a better condition apron and UP target light board.
My main field goal ramp does have a crack in it, does anyone have a lead on a used ramp in decent condition?

#193 1 year ago

You might try reaching out to JodyG, I know he's been making some less common ramps. He recently added the long ramps from Indy500, so you never know.

2 weeks later
#194 1 year ago

Is it normal for the ball that comes out of the right side for multi-ball to almost always go straight down the middle? Is there a common adjustment I can make to fix this?

#195 1 year ago

Is it normal for the ball that comes out of the right side for multi-ball to almost always go straight down the middle? Is there a common adjustment I can make to fix this?

It should go to the left flipper. Make sure your kicker is lined up to the centre of the ball

#196 1 year ago

Has anyone had success removing the yellowing on the rear of the backglass? If that’s even possible

1 week later
#197 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It should go to the left flipper. Make sure your kicker is lined up to the centre of the ball

I'll have to figure out how to realign this. Thank you.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Is this what your looking for? I can try to scan it later tonight if so.
[quoted image]

Do you have any extras of these?

-Scott

2 weeks later
#199 1 year ago

Can anyone help? what wire goes to the LEFT side of the fuse above the left flipper?

mnf fuse pic (resized).jpgmnf fuse pic (resized).jpg
#200 1 year ago

Both wires at the end of the fuse are grey/green stripe. the right side has two wires going to the left and right flipper coil lugs. the left side has one which
is in a cable loom. Not sure where it ends up, not able to pull the game out to access the backless to see where it lands. Looking at the schematic from the manual, I see Grey/Green going to CN-11 pin 6 SOL. Drive 5 at the CPU board to J-1. Perhaps someone with more skillset will chime in!

MNF1.jpg.pdfMNF1.jpg.pdfMNF2.jpg.pdfMNF2.jpg.pdf
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monday-night-football-club-it-s-good/page/4?hl=swmurphy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.