Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by SWMurphy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190717_054333 (resized).jpg
20190717_054351 (resized).jpg
B1DD1321-8427-4F1E-9C9D-3FD70251C9C6 (resized).jpeg
20181008_081248 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_5759ACB9-49E9-49F5-A0ED-D819556228D8 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_5B7F6EA7-3B1C-4B09-B8B9-BBE314D5DF04 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I've noticed there isn't a club for Monday Night Football owners - obviously this will be a small club seeing only 1492 machines were produced but I feel it deserves a club!

So feel free to talk anything MNF - I'll start by saying my best football score is 89 points, pity the game doesn't keep that record on its battery though

I also have 1 of only 4 MNF machines I believe in that are in Australia

So share some pics, ask questions and random talk!!!!

#2 1 year ago

Also recently led'd my machine up, added white cliffy post protectors and rubbers throughout plus powder coated the 2 metal rails in white.

My playfield is a bit rough and I have a crack in the field goal ramp but I love this machine

thumbnail_5759ACB9-49E9-49F5-A0ED-D819556228D8 (resized).jpgthumbnail_5B7F6EA7-3B1C-4B09-B8B9-BBE314D5DF04 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#3 1 year ago

Just picked up a MNF last night. Having fun so far!!

#4 1 year ago

It’s certainly one of those games that’s more fun with multiple people than single play

#5 1 year ago

I was in the club for a short time a few years ago. The game I had was pretty rough shape but it was fun - and the music was awesome If I had plenty of space I would hunt one down again - they are pretty rare over here in the UK though. Cannot rememeber the last time I saw one come up on ebay, forums etc.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

I was in the club for a short time a few years ago. The game I had was pretty rough shape but it was fun - and the music was awesome If I had plenty of space I would hunt one down again - they are pretty rare over here in the UK though. Cannot rememeber the last time I saw one come up on ebay, forums etc.

Guarantee they are even tougher to find in Australia!

#7 1 year ago

I’m in picked mine up two days ago. Weak slings flippers and pops so I’m rebuilding those and adding leds. Planning on adding an Oakland Raiders theme.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from martimagico:

I’m in picked mine up two days ago. Weak slings flippers and pops so I’m rebuilding those and adding leds. Planning on adding an Oakland Raiders theme.

Post some pics, would love to see it!

2 weeks later
#9 1 year ago

Will do once I make progress. The previous owner really neglected the mechanicals!! A faulty pop burned up a transistor on the MPU!!

#10 1 year ago

Anyone familiar with updates on the 2.9 roms?

#11 1 year ago

Count me in. Here is mine, minor wear in one inlane and a few minor cracks in the ramps. I like to compete for football points.

20181008_081248 (resized).jpg
#12 1 year ago

Looks good. Can’t see the crack in the ramps. It’s pretty common to have a crack in the Field Goal ramp. Mine has a crack and that one with the crack is an improvement on the ramp that was originally in mine. Any parts you can get are gold on this machine

#13 1 year ago

Does anyone here have any tips on preventing the ball from hitting the glass? It seems like I hit the glass about 70% of the time that I try to make a field goal? Is it simply a product of poor leveling or is there another possible reason? Also, is the goal post powder-coated? This is the only real blemish on an otherwise nice looking machine. Thank you

#14 1 year ago

I think hitting the glass is inevitable. It’s probably closer to 75% for me
In terms of the goal posts, they actually have a hard rubber like coating around them. I assume that is to prevent damage to the post itself

#15 1 year ago

Thanks, appreciate the feedback

1 week later
#16 1 year ago

It hits the glass a lot. I'm going to try some thicker and softer weather strip material on the diverter to cut down on field goal rejects.

1 week later
#17 11 months ago

Joining the club with a total project. Playfield is disassembled, missing boards, displays, and the backglass. Hoping to bring it back, but won't know till I get my hands on it and see if all the playfield parts are there. Does anyone have pics from doing a shop job for reference?

5 months later
#18 6 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Joining the club with a total project. Playfield is disassembled, missing boards, displays, and the backglass. Hoping to bring it back, but won't know till I get my hands on it and see if all the playfield parts are there. Does anyone have pics from doing a shop job for reference?

I’m about to do a playfield swap with mine, just picked up an improvement on my existing one. Happy to share photos if you like?

B1DD1321-8427-4F1E-9C9D-3FD70251C9C6 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#19 3 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m about to do a playfield swap with mine, just picked up an improvement on my existing one. Happy to share photos if you like?[quoted image]

I would be very interested in your pictures as i'm just starting a tear down on mine i bought a month ago. I hope your swap is going well right now.

#20 3 months ago

I loaded a bunch of shop job pictures to the actual game page here on pinside if you look up the title you’ll see them

#21 3 months ago

I need some help from another MNF owner. Can anyone photograph under the playfield field goal lift ramp to tell me where the spring that holds it on goes?

#22 3 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I need some help from another MNF owner. Can anyone photograph under the playfield field goal lift ramp to tell me where the spring that holds it on goes?

I will try to tonight. Can you tell me what LED's you went with on your game?

#23 3 months ago

Maybe this will help? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5146-00

I'll still try taking a look tonight. As im not even sure what spring your talking about as i haven't had much time to go through my machine yet.

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

I will try to tonight. Can you tell me what LED's you went with on your game?

I always go with comet ones

#25 3 months ago

Well, I am kind of in the club! I bought one 3 years ago and played it a little but wanted to re-theme it to the Minnesota Vikings MNF. I totally redid it. I am still not done or close. I will put a few pics up soon. I am having the play-field redone hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

#26 3 months ago

I hope these are what your looking for.

20190717_054333 (resized).jpg20190717_054351 (resized).jpg
#27 3 months ago

Perfect. Bugger I riveted the spring hook into the wrong spot!

1 week later
#28 87 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I always go with comet ones

Do you have a list of the quantity and sizes of bulbs required for this game? My service manual does not seem to have this. Also what shade or warmth did you go with?

#29 87 days ago

I don’t as I keep a ready supply and just changed on the machine as I went. You could just count them I guess. Most are bayonet though

2 weeks later
#30 68 days ago

Hey fellow MNF owners I need assistance!
My VUK had the top of the plunger break off. The plastic that cradles the ball. I tried gluing it with no luck. I can’t find a part number for just the plunger either. Any help?

ALSO my “UP” targets won’t register, looks like someone before me had them too tight and the field goal motor ripped them clean off. Can anyone post CLOSE UP pictures of which wires connect where on those switches?

1 month later
#31 19 days ago

Can anyone tell me what bolts to use to hold the head down to the cabinet? My game didn't come with any and it looks like most data east games had some sort of twist assembly to hold the head down but mine/ ours seems to just use 2 bolts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
Operation Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 18.99
Playfield - Protection
PinShield
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 248.85

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside