(Topic ID: 73781)

Monday 12/16/13 STLE will debut at #1 on pinside!

By Incognito

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20131219_044203_510.jpg
IMG_20131219_043719_165.jpg
STLE TOP.jpg
image-42.jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I bought the LE but I don't think it is the greatest. Is it worth what we have to pay up here in Canada? Not really. No pin is but that is what we have to pay if we want it or any other high priced one. I do think the fun factor playing this one is high, for me anyway. I played the Pro lots of times but the first time I played the LE in a home setting it blew me away as a package with the light show, side lights, warp chase lights etc. So I bought it. If someone thinks it is the greatest pin yet, so be it. You will not change their mind. Everything is subjective and based on one's own likes or dislikes. It makes me laugh when I read all the posts sometimes with guys arguing about pins.

Well said, I am all for people enjoying their purchases and thinking a game is awesome but calling it the best or #1 game ever after a week or so is ridiculous. I'm sure I've been guilty of it before I loved AC/DC so much out of the box when I got it and still is my favorite game, I don;t think Star Trek will ever pass it that's for sure but who knows. People need to enjoy their games and quit trying to pump them up on here, its just silly. I used to really like the rating system now I don;t even look at it anymore it is so skewed by lovers/haters.

#52 10 years ago

as a group we aren't defensive of people who dislike STLE. we are critical of the people who call us shills. we love the game and guys like you don't and thats cool. we however aren't in the wrong for loving the game.

#53 10 years ago

and lets see if all those that own it and rated it so high, have it after 6 months, cross that out, 4 months, cross that out, 3 months....

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I bought the LE but I don't think it is the greatest. Is it worth what we have to pay up here in Canada? Not really. No pin is but that is what we have to pay if we want it or any other high priced one. I do think the fun factor playing this one is high, for me anyway. I played the Pro lots of times but the first time I played the LE in a home setting it blew me away as a package with the light show, side lights, warp chase lights etc. So I bought it. If someone thinks it is the greatest pin yet, so be it. You will not change their mind. Everything is subjective and based on one's own likes or dislikes. It makes me laugh when I read all the posts sometimes with guys arguing about pins.

Quoted from bemmett:

Well said, I am all for people enjoying their purchases and thinking a game is awesome but calling it the best or #1 game ever after a week or so is ridiculous. I'm sure I've been guilty of it before I loved AC/DC so much out of the box when I got it and still is my favorite game, I don;t think Star Trek will ever pass it that's for sure but who knows. People need to enjoy their games and quit trying to pump them up on here, its just silly. I used to really like the rating system now I don;t even look at it anymore it is so skewed by lovers/haters.

Both well said
I think we have all been there though when you get a new game and think it is the sh!t and don't want anyone to critique it. I was totally guilty of that with Xmen when I got it, I pulled a shit fit if someone said something bad about it. That lasted a few weeks then I didn't really care what people thought anymore. So I think we have all been there.

#55 10 years ago

My views at present code revision:

Lightshow: While it looks real nice the insert lighting is overly bright on the playfield. The apron and lower cabinet lights do look killer I have to say. Remains to be seen how the cabinet head lighting is until it is implemented. The laser/penlight starfield projector should have been a different color so it would be an eye popper when active. Instead it blends into the pf colors to well. Flashing insert under the spinner is a cool touch.

Modes: All the same with different animations. Hit shot(s) X times and/or before a timer runs out. Where's the variety?

Dots: All cartoonish and don't fit the theme of the game at all. Now if the machine was a ST(Animated Series) pin then they would work.

Flow: It's a SR game so that's very plentiful.

Only thing that remotely interacts with the ball, toy wise is a single drop target and it's shaking ship. The rest of the ornaments seem to be put on to just bling the game up and serve no function game play wise at all.

Gameplay wise it reminds me of a boring version of MM at this time.

Hopefully future code revisions fix some of the above and make the game better for the owners.

Flame away if you must, just my opinion after playing the PRO and the LE many times at different locations and private collector homes.

#56 10 years ago

I really don't understand the modes complaint about pinballs. Aren't most pinballs mode based to some degree?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What is Urbans code

The K Urban power pack update

#58 10 years ago

17 Star Trek Stern, 2013 5.508

18 TRON: Legacy (pro) Stern, 2011 5.105

19 Star Trek Premium/LE Stern, 2013 3.791

20 The Simpsons Pinball Party Stern, 2003 3.482

21 Wizard of Oz LE Jersey Jack Pinball, 2013 2.882

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Incognito:

17 Star Trek Stern, 2013 5.508

18 TRON: Legacy (pro) Stern, 2011 5.105

19 Star Trek Premium/LE Stern, 2013 3.791

20 The Simpsons Pinball Party Stern, 2003 3.482

21 Wizard of Oz LE Jersey Jack Pinball, 2013 2.882

who's ratings are these?

#60 10 years ago

Does it really matter? Not IMO

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Pfffffft. Flavor of the day. And since when does anyone who just purchased a NIB NOT say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?
Play what you like, period. I agree with that. Stop worrying about promoting your new game and just go play it for God's sakes.

Post of the Thread

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Post of the Thread

It would carry more weight if he wasn't the WOZ poster-boy, relentlessly trashing all Sterns and defending the pin he owns.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It would carry more weight if he wasn't the WOZ poster-boy, relentlessly trashing all Sterns and defending the pin he owns.

Well, I don't know anything about that or the history of his posts... it looks like owns 5 Stern tables?? He can't dislike Stern too much...

At any rate, I agree with what he stated in that post.... especially the "Play What You Like" part

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

"The Matrix" is #1
ST just might be #2 though.

I don't mean to jack the thread.... Well I guess I am the only one that can express a side by side rating on these 2 machines.... Both of these machines are AWESOME, but the Matrix is in a league of its own and will not be produced in the same quantity as STLE.

IMG_20131219_043719_165.jpgIMG_20131219_043719_165.jpgIMG_20131219_044203_510.jpgIMG_20131219_044203_510.jpg

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No your personal attack of me was the dumbest comment ever made on pinside. The pro seems to have better flow which is the case for AC/DC and Metallica pros as well.

So as a pro owner, the LE should have equal or better flow. They're the same with the exception of the VuK which would more cleanly release the ball.

Acdc pro does not have better flow. The stand up targets send the ball around in a more randomized and faster fashion than the drop targets. This does not result in better flow.

As for Metallica pro, I actually agree. The captive ball flows way better than the square hammer plate. I've written about this several times. I think most folks that own neither and have played both several times agree.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

I originally rated 8.5 on my post. I since made the speech much louder, thank you pinsiders for the advice. Also played deeper and singled out modes in 2 and 3 and the dmd code is stunning! An example would be Klingon mode. First is the chase of ships. Second is the Klingon pulling the knife and then kirk and spock shooting the Klingons, then the third is Kahn shooting the big gun at the bird of prey. I haven't even seen the others complete yet. I have to rate my original rating a little higher now to 9. I'm really excited for urbans code release next Friday!
Whoops...I mean soon.

I missed where it was announced that Mr. Urban's voice work in Stern's power pack is to be realeased next Friday. I hope you are right!

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Well, I don't know anything about that or the history of his posts... it looks like owns 5 Stern tables?? He can't dislike Stern too much...
At any rate, I agree with what he stated in that post.... especially the "Play What You Like" part

That's sort of my take on all this stuff......I'd like to be considered a " Pinball Poster Boy" period ( although, I'm 54 sadly)...as we all know, you get enough crap from others just for professing your hobby to outsiders, so I really don't see anything to gain from internal attacks.....

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I don't mean to jack the thread.... Well I guess I am the only one that can express a side by side rating on these 2 machines.... Both of these machines are AWESOME, but the Matrix is in a league of its own and will not be produced in the same quantity as STLE.

IMG_20131219_043719_165.jpg 146 KB

IMG_20131219_044203_510.jpg 177 KB

I would love to get an hour or two in on both of those tables...

#69 10 years ago

Just like normal a normal Hall of Fame, I think there needs to be a waiting period before any pin is eligible.

#70 10 years ago

Well at this point all I can tell you is this is the most playable game I have ever enjoyed. And I hate the theme!
I could just own ST and ACDC and be done. Like my other games, but these two are something else!!!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Well at this point all I can tell you is this is the most playable game I have ever enjoyed. And I hate the theme!
I could just own ST and ACDC and be done. Like my other games, but these two are something else!!!

Not buying because of theme!! LOL

#72 10 years ago

Who cares how it got ranked. The people who got it, are over the moon.

Thats all what mathers. Have fun to all owners and dont let this rank moaning spoil it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monday-121613-stle-will-debut-at-1-on-pinside/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.