(Topic ID: 73781)

Monday 12/16/13 STLE will debut at #1 on pinside!

By Incognito

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20131219_044203_510.jpg
IMG_20131219_043719_165.jpg
STLE TOP.jpg
image-42.jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

And the awesome thing about it (well one thing) is that when the shit rater/manipulators do their thing, we will be able to see their ratings even with no comments. Forcing people to not hide would have been great to have a long time ago.

Anyway, I can barely wait to play it for the first time ever this week! And...

I wanted to get started a day early on all of the bickering this rating will cause.

#2 10 years ago

It will but, it deserves it imo. I have not talked to anyone who OWNS it who is not THRILLED!

#3 10 years ago

Have to agree and I only own the pro. At this point I force my self to step away and play another game. NO game has been that much fun to just play over and over.
To me its a combination of IM and HSII. lean , mean, fast and flowey plus lights up like a rocket ship. And mine is just a pro. With an LE and its light show the experience has to be anything short of crapping your pants with joy.
In summary, its that good.

#4 10 years ago

it deserves the #1 spot

#5 10 years ago

Best NIB experience in a long time.

#6 10 years ago

Rankings are meaningless play what you like.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Incognito:

And the awesome thing about it (well one thing) is that when the shit rater/manipulators do their thing, we will be able to see their ratings even with no comments. Forcing people to not hide would have been great to have a long time ago.
I wanted to get started a day early on all of the bickering this rating will cause.

Just out of curiosity , how does anyone know/ determine this ahead of time? Or is this just an optimistic thought? I've seen new games debut at #1, then adjust as the weeks go by. I have no opinion either way , except it sounds like the STLE rocks, and want one bad.....but Christmas and a recently acquired FG has my spending shut off for now....

#8 10 years ago

I own LE. Not sure it's good enough for #1 [yet] but certainly a top 10 overall and possibly in top 3 stern's ever.
Code could change that, but metallica code could give it a run for the money. both shoot great and have tons of potential.
And for those who it isn't in the cards for right now, there's 798 of them out there than may be available when you're ready.... Mine ain't goin nowhere!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Incognito:

Pfffffft. Flavor of the day. And since when does anyone who just purchased a NIB NOT say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Play what you like, period. I agree with that. Stop worrying about promoting your new game and just go play it for God's sakes.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just out of curiosity , how does anyone know/ determine this ahead of time? Or is this just an optimistic thought? I've seen new games debut at #1, then adjust as the weeks go by. I have no opinion either way , except it sounds like the STLE rocks, and want one bad.....but Christmas and a recently acquired FG has my spending shut off for now....

My guess is he knows this because if you search Star Trek LE in the archives then look at the ratings, all the people that own it have given it 9's and 10's. With such a small amount of ratings all being 9's and 10's it makes sense it would be #1 on the list.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

My guess is he knows this because if you search Star Trek LE in the archives then look at the ratings, all the people that own it have given it 9's and 10's. With such a small amount of ratings all being 9's and 10's it makes sense it would be #1 on the list.

Ahhh.....thanks for the info......makes sense......

#12 10 years ago

Xmen le debuted at #1 also.... As did Metle

Edit: There certainly haven't been any complaints about these two since their #1 debuts.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Pfffffft. Flavor of the day. And since when does anyone who just purchased a NIB NOT say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?
Play what you like, period. I agree with that. Stop worrying about promoting your new game and just go play it for God's sakes.

Agree 100%.......except I play what I like ( which are most, actually), and am prone to buying the ones I love.....a serious addiction which has been addressed in other threads, I believe ( ha).....mark

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Xmen le debuted at #1 also....

So did 24, Tron LE, acdc, avengers, etc. Rankings are fun but as everyone else says they mean much less than the comments people write.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So did 24, Tron LE, acdc, avengers, etc. Rankings are fun but as everyone else says they mean much less than the comments people write.

It does seem that people get worked up over some of this stuff ( can't really understand why....I really love pinball, period....) btw.....Tigerlaw.....got my FG last week!!!.....happy times!!!

#16 10 years ago

Great game, yes. #1? Hardy har har.

#17 10 years ago

You guys are crazy. No way at this point it is #1. I played the pro and it was pretty good. Maybe top 25 or 30 at this point in code. Just looking at the LE I can say the pro is the better game just like most Stern pros are better than their LE counterparts. Tron being the exception.

#18 10 years ago

When the people that don't own the pin start leaving their reviews it might get bumped from the # 1 spot, right now it looks like only people that currently own the game have rated it, but who knows in this crazy hobby?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Edit: There certainly haven't been any complaints about these two since their #1 debuts.

There haven't?

#20 10 years ago

My sarcasm was set at 1000%

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It does seem that people get worked up over some of this stuff ( can't really understand why....I really love pinball, period....) btw.....Tigerlaw.....got my FG last week!!!.....happy times!!!

Congrats on the FGY pick up. You won't be disappointed!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just looking at the LE I can say the pro is the better game...

Quite possibly one of the dumbest comments ever made on Pinside. And that's no easy feat!

Please explain how the Pro version is better than the LE.
MAYBE you could back peddle and say it's better value. Even that's an argument but still... What you said?
Just down right ridonkulous.
Please unplug your keyboard and "read only" until you see your erroneous ways.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Quite possibly one of the dumbest comments ever made on Pinside. And that's no easy feat!
Please explain how the Pro version is better than the LE.
MAYBE you could back peddle and say it's better value. Even that's an argument but still... What you said?
Just down right ridonkulous.
Please unplug your keyboard and "read only" until you see your erroneous ways.

No your personal attack of me was the dumbest comment ever made on pinside. The pro seems to have better flow which is the case for AC/DC and Metallica pros as well.

#24 10 years ago

Ridonkulous? Are you posting with your daddys pinside account?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No your personal attack of me was the dumbest comment ever made on pinside. The pro seems to have better flow which is the case for AC/DC and Metallica pros as well.

How do you figure the pro may have better flow??

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The pro seems to have better flow

You spelled LE wrong.

#27 10 years ago

I own Metallica pro also and don't see there being any Flow difference between my pro and the LE that I played.

AC/DC pro plays slightly faster you can argue due to the drop targets on the LE vs. the Pro.

#28 10 years ago

..image-42.jpgimage-42.jpg

#29 10 years ago

10s across the board for all games. Everyone wins a trophy! In fact lets add the year of manufacture to every rating. That makes ST a rating of 2023. Woo Hoo!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

So now posting positive things about a pin is equated to "promoting it"?

We shouldn't post positive things about the pin, we should just "go play it for God's sakes"?

So funny how I can agree with a bunch of your posts in a row, then you can turn right around and post something that makes no sense at all. Guess I'm still trying to figure out the real CraZ4pin.

#31 10 years ago

"The Matrix" is #1

ST just might be #2 though. (Although I'm still partial to STTNG).

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So again I'll ask:
How does the Pro have better flow?
It has targets that currently don't do anything and a left side drain vs a kickback on the LE.
The lights are NOWHERE near as impressive.

Your turn.
(And I loved how you were offended by my "personal attack" on you, then asked if I was posting from my Daddy's Pinside account.)

Lastly, I do think I owe you an apology. I didn't realize you own a WOZ. Had a noticed that earlier, I would have understood your completely incorrect view of this game and ignored you as I have craz4Pin's equally silly viewpoint.
Hope you're enjoying your game. It's a completely different experience from STLE and it makes a lot of sense that you don't get it.

#33 10 years ago

The kickback and the extra upkicker just seems like it would slow the game down a bit unnecessarily just like the extra toys and gadgets on Metallica and AC/DC LE's slow it down unnecessarily and don't add any fun to the game over the pro. I have played both versions of Metallica and AC/DC and prefer the pros. I have not played the Star Trek LE model and I meant to say in my previous post that ST pro "appears" to be the better game. My bad on the wording. I didn't think I had to point out that all of this is opinion. As for owning WOZ, I don't think you will find anyone on here that thinks I'm some WOZ or JJP fanboy, check out my WOZ related posts. And I wasn't offended by the "personal attack" which is why I preceded to make one on you. I was being ironic.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I own LE. Not sure it's good enough for #1 [yet] but certainly a top 10 overall and possibly in top 3 stern's ever.
Code could change that, but metallica code could give it a run for the money. both shoot great and have tons of potential.
And for those who it isn't in the cards for right now, there's 798 of them out there than may be available when you're ready.... Mine ain't goin nowhere!

I originally rated 8.5 on my post. I since made the speech much louder, thank you pinsiders for the advice. Also played deeper and singled out modes in 2 and 3 and the dmd code is stunning! An example would be Klingon mode. First is the chase of ships. Second is the Klingon pulling the knife and then kirk and spock shooting the Klingons, then the third is Kahn shooting the big gun at the bird of prey. I haven't even seen the others complete yet. I have to rate my original rating a little higher now to 9. I'm really excited for urbans code release next Friday!
Whoops...I mean soon.

#35 10 years ago

I think the most important thing is to not use the ratings on pin side to determine what pin's to buy. I have owned many top tens and I didn't enjoy them anymore than my Robocop or a lot of other pins in the high 100's. Still I believe Star Trek LE to be the best pinball to date and well deserving of the #1 spot.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The kickback and the extra upkicker just seems like it would slow the game down a bit unnecessarily just like the extra toys and gadgets on Metallica and AC/DC LE's slow it down unnecessarily and don't add any fun to the game over the pro. I have played both versions of Metallica and AC/DC and prefer the pros. I have not played the Star Trek LE model and I meant to say in my previous post that ST pro "appears" to be the better game. My bad on the wording. I didn't think I had to point out that all of this is opinion. As for owning WOZ, I don't think you will find anyone on here that thinks I'm some WOZ or JJP fanboy, check out my WOZ related posts. And I wasn't offended by the "personal attack" which is why I preceded to make one on you. I was being ironic.

I'm not saying you're a WOZ fanboy, just that if that's your thing, I understand why you're not all about StarTrek or the fan layouts.
So the kickback saves the ball from draining on the left side, but what's "the extra upkicker"? Maybe I'm missing something.
If you get a chance, check out the LE. The light show alone is amazing. Personally, I prefer the metal guide rails as well over the plastic ones on the Pro. The laser is quite cool for Klingon multiball (though it wasn't the best thing to ever happen to pinball as many of us were hoping). The ship crashing is a bonus too.

I can see your point about Pro models (ACDC and Metallica), though I prefer the Premiums myself, but I can't think you could make a statement any more wrong about the Pro being a BETTER game than the LE.

I do agree with you that it is not currently good enough to take the number 1 spot though.

#37 10 years ago

It says the game needs one more rating to be eligible for the pinside top 100.

Edit: http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/star_trek_le/ratings

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

I originally rated 8.5 on my post. I since made the speech much louder, thank you pinsiders for the advice. Also played deeper and singled out modes in 2 and 3 and the dmd code is stunning! An example would be Klingon mode. First is the chase of ships. Second is the Klingon pulling the knife and then kirk and spock shooting the Klingons, then the third is Kahn shooting the big gun at the bird of prey. I haven't even seen the others complete yet. I have to rate my original rating a little higher now to 9. I'm really excited for urbans code release next Friday!
Whoops...I mean soon.

What is Urbans code

#39 10 years ago

I haven't even seen any game footage of ST let alone play one. Same for TRS. 2 games I couldn't care about less because of theme.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I haven't even seen any game footage of ST let alone play one. Same for TRS. 2 games I couldn't care about less because of theme.

Here is a little vid of STLE
http://www.youtube.com/embed/VHpdqmJidsc?autoplay=1&rel=0

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm not saying you're a WOZ fanboy, just that if that's your thing, I understand why you're not all about StarTrek or the fan layouts.
So the kickback saves the ball from draining on the left side, but what's "the extra upkicker"? Maybe I'm missing something.

The far left shot that switches to a new mode in the LE then shoots it up the playfield in a wireform ramp whereas in the pro it shoots it immediately back to the lower flippers. Also, I've never been a big fan of kickbacks. I am a huge fan of fan layouts but can also appreciate other designs like TZ or old em's. If a game has a fan layout, I prefer it to have a lot of flow and speed hence my preference for the pro models. Like I said in another thread, WOZ could really benefit from a left ramp to give the upper right flipper more purpose, but it is o.k. to like both stop and go, deep ruleset games and fan layout, flow and speed games. I don't get the whole us vs. them mindset. Really like the warp ramp on ST. I think I did 9 in a row once. Like WOZ, ST code has a ways to go.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

It says the game needs one more rating to be eligible for the pinside top 100.
Edit: http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/star_trek_le/ratings

Hmhmmmmm. When I started this little thread it said it needed (-1) more ratings and there were 16 ratings. Did two of you down thumbers delete your rating!?!? Lol anyway....it looks like I was right. Oh, not about the debut. That was inevitable. What I mean is I got the ball rolling a day early. . Weird though, I Dont see much, if any, negative feedback. I guess it must really be good and the only people that hate the game are responding with a thumbs down to the first post.

#43 10 years ago

Don't care to watch but thank you.

#44 10 years ago

STLE #1 with a bullet:

http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

I do think the game will be scary good with 1 or 2 more software updates. As it stands it is probably Sterns best initial release.

#45 10 years ago

Just sayin... this game rocks

STLE TOP.jpgSTLE TOP.jpg
#46 10 years ago

It'll drop to about 35 next week; then level out around the lower 20's or high teens for awhile. Then after a year or so when more people than trolls rate the game, it'll find a home in the top 10; hopefully knocking SM out. As for myself, it's not going anywhere anytime soon so I have no reason to rate it for my personal list as it's still too early.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It'll drop to about 35 next week; then level out around the lower 20's or high teens for awhile. Then after a year or so when more people than trolls rate the game, it'll find a home in the top 10; hopefully knocking SM out. As for myself, it's not going anywhere anytime soon so I have no reason to rate it for my personal list as it's still too early.

Yep, I agree no need to rate it yet as code is going to be updated 150 games in and enjoying it immensely though

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Incognito:

Weird though, I Dont see much, if any, negative feedback. I guess it must really be good and the only people that hate the game are responding with a thumbs down to the first post.

You don't see much negative feedback, because if you criticize the LE, even the slightest bit, the same group of people jump down your throat saying that it's a 10, it's perfect and the best game ever...which I find especially amusing since they also post in an STLE code improvements thread. I have spoken with many players who have played the LE, but did not buy one personally, and they have all told me slightly different variations of the same thing. It's a great light show, but overall it's just a good game at this point. They say the modes aren't distinct enough, the warp ramp isn't significant enough and there just isn't enough to the game LE wise for them to justify the $3,000 price hike. IMHO, when the first thing anyone says about the game is the lights are so bright and pretty, that is not the sign of the best game ever. Pretty bright lights to me does not make a #1 game, I personally want substance and for me, that isn't there yet. In the end, it just isn't worth arguing about, which to answer your question, is why not very many different people have chimed in here and instead choose to discuss the game privately.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You don't see much negative feedback, because if you criticize the LE, even the slightest bit, the same group of people jump down your throat saying that it's a 10, it's perfect and the best game ever...

Yes this is absolutely correct. I like STLE but STLE owners are worse then Avenger owners for being defensive and trying to convince you what they have is the best. And it is always the same 7 or 8 people that do this consistently. All that being said I do think STLE is a good game.

#50 10 years ago

I bought the LE but I don't think it is the greatest. Is it worth what we have to pay up here in Canada? Not really. No pin is but that is what we have to pay if we want it or any other high priced one. I do think the fun factor playing this one is high, for me anyway. I played the Pro lots of times but the first time I played the LE in a home setting it blew me away as a package with the light show, side lights, warp chase lights etc. So I bought it. If someone thinks it is the greatest pin yet, so be it. You will not change their mind. Everything is subjective and based on one's own likes or dislikes. It makes me laugh when I read all the posts sometimes with guys arguing about pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monday-121613-stle-will-debut-at-1-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.