2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

How do I deal with talking her out of this nightmare? They are going to do counseling, but like everything it's months out. I know there are lots of details I can't get across, but I want some advice.

As someone whose parents also got divorced at a later age, my advice would be that you don't try to talk her out of anything.

It won't work anyway, and it will just drive a wedge between her and you. Not worth it.

Try to stay as neutral as you can and simply be there for either of them if they need you, and resist any temptation to talk shit about one of them to the other.

Do not take "sides" in this, even if you have your own opinion on whose "fault" it is. You don't know as much as you think you know about what is going on. Don't overthink things and try to understand it. You won't.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bang someone who isn’t your wife, find god.
Got it!

Clueless comment.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I don’t know. I laughed.

Of course you did.

I mean, making fun of someone sharing their personal struggles is always good for a laugh, right?

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Truest statement ever “marriage is only for insecure relationships”
If people were true to each other marriage would never have been invented.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mom-leaving-dad-at-near-60?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.