2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago

Had an uncle leave my aunt after 30+ years. He had a fling with a younger woman and they made a baby. He ended up eventually leaving the younger woman and my aunt took him back. People are gonna do what they are gonna do and I would not try to fix it else you risk damaging your relationship with her.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Maybe being single ritered military gives you enought income to travel the world, but I don't know.

He's probably using Space-A travel which is available to retirees.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Eventually me and my classmate both realized that we and our families would be happier long term going back to our spouses.

Did you actually leave your wife, or was it a secret affair? If the latter, did you tell her? It sounds like you did. My aunt was a housewife and I just wonder how much that plays into taking a spouse back? That's the ultimate betrayal unless it's an open marriage. So I would have trust issues and wonder if the partner that left me really loves me? But hey, she gave him her best years and has 30+ years invested in this, so maybe she's gonna stick it out for the security and the payoff when he probably dies first?

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bang someone who isn’t your wife, find god.
Got it!

It's either that or a good attorney. God will forgive you everytime and he is much cheaper...

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Of course you did.

I mean, making fun of someone sharing their personal struggles is always good for a laugh, right?

God's forgiveness isn't the hard part in asking forgiveness. I think that is what he was suggesting.

Screw around on your wife. Ask God for forgiveness, then ask your wife. Which was easier??

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Read that post several times and sounds to me that it’s probably a safe bet to say that only God knows

Maybe so. None of us are perfect and I can certainly understand if they got away with it, why bring it up? Just try to learn from your mistakes I suppose.

This thread reminds me of someone my wife knew. She was with a man who left his wife, but hadn't divorced yet, or updated his will, life insurance etc. He has a heart attack and is on life support. The wife signs the paperwork to pull the plug at first opportunity. He died. That is nasty, but I get it....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mom-leaving-dad-at-near-60?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.