(Topic ID: 280566)

Molex type connectors - help with parts list

By northerndude

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    119AEE6A-0F54-4401-A34D-8AC99B1C80AA (resized).jpeg
    8BB75F54-F367-412C-83B7-D0E5BE56BC84 (resized).jpeg
    Mouser (resized).png
    3444bf7f9da0ca487ee5dc0fa6ea0e70759e4a7d (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey all, I need one of those "explain it like i'm five" posts helping me with buying some Molex style plug in connectors so I can get a bit of a stock and have THE CORRECT stuff. I just did an order with mouser, to buy some connectors for my power supply on a SYS11, I got them, they were a bit big for my application, but I got it done and works fine. BUT, I am looking for someone to dumb it right down for me so I can make an order (with the right supplies).
    The problem is I look on mouser or digikey and it's absolutely overwhelming with so many products to try and choose the right shit on there.

I want to have some 2, 3, 4 position plugs on hand. for say, this type of application below in the pic (its just an example).

What are the molex style for changing out board connectors also instead of the punch down ones?

What exact size and parts list would I need? If someone would help out I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if I'm just too dumb here, but you may help out many people with this!

3444bf7f9da0ca487ee5dc0fa6ea0e70759e4a7d (resized).jpg3444bf7f9da0ca487ee5dc0fa6ea0e70759e4a7d (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

OK, I see these on PBL, I actually hadn't thought of looking there tbh.

https://www.pinballlife.com/molex-093-connectors-and-pins.html

Its a start anyway.

Are those trifurcon ones the style you use on header pin connections?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Sorry for the hijack, but does anyone know the parts for the power board GI connectors on Williams SYS 7 games?

I think these?

https://www.pinballlife.com/molex-crimp-stuff-connectors-and-parts.html

#9 3 years ago

THANK YOU for the info for Great Plains Electronics, he has nice pictures (dummyproofs it a bit for me!) easy to navigate site. Better for my brain!

2 years later
    #12 1 year ago

Hey all!! I’m back trying to source some pins & connectors .100 & .156

I need these following crimp pins in .100 and .156 and female housings in several different # of positions.
    If anyone has a quick part info on Digikey, I’d be forever grateful. I search the site and i can get the search results down to the thousands but cant seem to come across the right stuff. So frustrating. My last order was GPE and they were so easy to buy from!

Fixing up an old Bally, so I need multiple .100 and .156 female connectors

119AEE6A-0F54-4401-A34D-8AC99B1C80AA (resized).jpeg119AEE6A-0F54-4401-A34D-8AC99B1C80AA (resized).jpeg8BB75F54-F367-412C-83B7-D0E5BE56BC84 (resized).jpeg8BB75F54-F367-412C-83B7-D0E5BE56BC84 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #13 11 months ago

Hey for anyone trying to figure out how to order pinball needs from Digikey, I have found a way to search your needs with cross referencing off GPE old website for parts. Took my feeble brain a while to figure this out, you may already have. Real tough since GPE went out of business and retired.

Here's what I did. I copy 'n pasted the molex type and the part into Digikey search. Otherwise I found it near impossible to root through all the results you get from Digikey search.

Also for the correct crimp pins, I found these to be the 2.54mm or .100" small crimp

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #15 11 months ago
    Quoted from rockwell:

I don't stock the .100" housings (working on it), but I keep much of this stuff on my site in a (hopefully) easy-to-find interface specific to pinball. Feel free to reach out if you're looking for something you don't find on the site...I may have it on hand anyway!
    https://wirebot.xyz/collections/connectors-crimps

Oh sweet, thx, Would never have known there is others like that out there. The tough part is the navigation. If you have an absolute dummy proof product finder that is helpful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/molex-type-connectors-help-with-parts-list?tu=northerndude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.