(Topic ID: 150713)

Molex adapter for WPC coin door?

By tstone

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0882_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0881_(resized).JPG
    IMG_5336_(resized).JPG
    IMG_5335_(resized).JPG
    #1 8 years ago

Hi...

I am trying to replace the coin door on my Addams Family pinball.

I think I have a new WPC coin door, and the wires are in "the right positions", but the physical connector is smaller on the new one and larger on the old one.

Please see the pics...

Question:
    Is there an adapter I can buy to plug my "new" smaller connector into the "old" larger pins on the coin door interface board?

thanks!

IMG_5335_(resized).JPGIMG_5335_(resized).JPG

IMG_5336_(resized).JPGIMG_5336_(resized).JPG

#2 8 years ago

You could repin the connector with .100 pins and a new housing.

Greatplainselectronics.com should carry everything.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You could repin the connector with .100 pins and a new housing.
    Greatplainselectronics.com should carry everything.

Yeah...I'm looking for an easy way out if possible...but knowing the right size also helps.

The "large" connector is .100?

Do you know the size of the small one?

thanks,
    tim

#4 8 years ago

Nope. Large one is 0.156". Smaller one is 0.100"

#5 8 years ago

there is not going to be any adapter. buy a crimper and some new pins. You can reuse the one housing by extracting the pins with a small minus head screw driver.

The larger one is 1.56" the smaller is 1.00". 1026-CT / BCT-1 crimper is good starting tool. You will a good crimper in the toolbox eventually. Connector problems come up a lot and the 1026-ct has no problem crimping most connectors you find in pinball.

#6 8 years ago

You need one of these adapters. Keep an eye on people selling coin doors, they turn up occasionally.

LTG : )™

IMG_0881_(resized).JPGIMG_0881_(resized).JPG

IMG_0882_(resized).JPGIMG_0882_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

there is not going to be any adapter.

Incorrect. Originally the doors came with an adapter. I have two - one for each newer coin door I have. From factory that way..!

#8 8 years ago

Ahhh...just what I need...

Anyone have one or know where I can find one?

#9 8 years ago

The reason for this - the new doors are overstock pinball 2000 doors. The manufacturer made adapters rather than retool.

I used to buy these doors in large quantity, direct from the MFG.

I've always cut the wires and replaced the connector for a cleaner look. I may have an adapter, I'll look.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

I've always cut the wires and replaced the connector for a cleaner look. I may have an adapter, I'll look.

Awesome, thanks. I'd prefer this "non-destructive" option so I can use either connector.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from tstone:

Awesome, thanks. I'd prefer this "non-destructive" option so I can use either connector.

Me too.. helps if you need to change coin doors around.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Me too.. helps if you need to change coin doors around.

Exactly...

I'm still looking for this adapter...anyone had one or an idea where I can find one?

Or can anyone point me to a link where I can find the "male/.100" connector for the adapter? I've looked and can't seem to find it...

thanks,
    tim

#13 8 years ago

that adds numerous more failure points. the proper way is still to repin it. Literally a 3 min job with a crimper and some pins.

here is the part number for the male to male interconnect. They are called Z connectors and can be found @ Great Plains Electronics

MWWS100-2236
    MWWS156-1624

You might be able to pay someone that likes to do pinball hustle to make one for you. Lots of pinball people have wire, connector pins, and housings.

#14 8 years ago

The male to male header is not an easy part to come by. Unless you plan to move the coin door to a P2K cabinet, why worry about converting it to 0.156 pins?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/molex-adapter-for-wpc-coin-door and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.