Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SAM_2101-632.JPG
SAM_2101.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider domijr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago

I have an led behind the stock Moe's sign that works great. It's about an inch away from the sign, if i put the light any closer, it seems to light up with a hot spot, but having it an inch away, looks almost as good as the EL paper. Very cheap upgrade that works great.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Hey domijr, would love to see some pictures of your mod. Thanks

Here ya go, this mod was done by the previous owner, the light for the sign was wired into Moe's 2x scoring, i disconnected the light though, since it was making the Moe's 2x scoring light up when it shouldn't. I also had a bus with headlights that was wired to Springfield Elementary 2x scoring which was also making it light up when it shouldn't. Both mods are great but i need to find a better place to tap into.

IMG_1001.JPG

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The wires were tapped into before the diode within the socket for the 2x scoring, thus it's lighting the rest of that row/column.
Tap into it with the wires for the mod directly into the socket, which then is behind the diode, and blocks the circuit from going through the rest. It's a tight fit, as the sockets are made for one wire, but it can be done.

Ya, i was looking at the pics in that thread mentioned above and i see that's how it's suppose to be installed. This was connected to the socket with alligator clips.... so splicing it onto the socket like the wires on the socket now should fix the issue? I'll try that later today.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider domijr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside