Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SAM_2101-632.JPG
SAM_2101.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Actually I just ordered LE paper and 12v inverter this morning and looking to mod my current sign hooked either to GI or the flasher, if it works out well I 'll let you know.

Mike

#4 5 years ago

Ok just a quick update. The parts arrived today and I made a quick preview of what it's going to look like once I connect the wires to my desired location (most likely the insert arrow in front of the ramp). So here is a quick video showing the results thus far using my original sign with no permanent changes to the sign or machine.

Please excuse the crappy Youtube music but it's better then the Stern hum in the speakers with their older sound boards.

1 week later
#9 5 years ago

Sorry Guys, I just seen the replies. I don't recall hearing any noise from the inverter. The inverter can be hooked up to any Flasher or 12v source, the 6.3v inserts weren't enough to drive it. Below are the links to where I bought the EL paper from which came with the inverter.

This fellow is cheaper:
ebay.com link » 12 X1 25 Electroluminescent Panel El Tape Back Light 12v 5 Colors With Inverter

This is where I purchased from:
ebay.com link » A6 White 12v Flexible Electroluminescent Panel El Backlight Sheet W Inverter 6x4

I also ordered three color from the fellow on the first link, waiting on them to arrive

#11 5 years ago

Yep, piece of cake. Have scissor will create lol. Oh and to make the hole where the screws go through, hole puncher is awesome

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

So you could hook this up directly to the spare 12v supply and it would be on all the time. How did you make it flash on and off?

Mine is actually hooked up to the flasher by the cooling towers, its lights when you shoot the bumpers and when you shoot the right ramp welcoming you to Moe's. I don't have it on constantly.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Pardon my ignorance but how do you attach the paper to the sign? Is it just held on by the sign bracket and 2 screws from the back?

Exactly, then I cut a small piece of cardboard and placed it between the paper and the metal mounting plate so it insulates the paper from the metal.

#18 5 years ago

No, under the playfield there is a set of plugs for the flasher by the cooling towers. Just separate those plugs, place the black and red wires in the holes of the female plug and just plug them up again holding the wires in place, a few zip ties to secure the wires and converter. Nothing cut, no soldering and no permanent changes to the machine.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

is there a positive and negative?

Yes there is, the red to the red and I believe black to what is a yellow wire.

1 week later
#24 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Best insulator is fisch paper. You can pick it up at electronic stores or from Pinstore: http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

Thanks for the heads up, going to order some right now.

Quoted from Ramjet:

is there indeed a noise/humm that you can hear with the glass on?

I have not heard any hum with the glass on at all, but take into consideration I have the older sound system in my 2003 machine, and all those sound boards from back then hum thru the speakers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside