image_(resized).jpeg
X-Men_#3_(resized).JPG
X-Men_#2_(resized).JPG
X-Men_#1_(resized).JPG
pc_(resized).jpg
IMG_0573_(resized).JPG
quadrophenia-1979-002_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 8 years ago

Most things are pretty obvious; Color DMD adds it's price, your stupid glued on topper adds nothing.
It only get's confusing when you come to things boards, which I've run into a few times.
If you've just bought new boards to put in your machine, they add no value to me at all. It's weird, because you just spend $400 to get your game working, but now it's juts a working game, which is what I planned on buying anyway.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

pretty darn cool toppers out there in this day and age to call them "stupid glued on toppers"...
As for boards, you can't really charge for that although i am sure some people do because of the work they put in fixing the board etc.

I didn't call that one a stupid glued on topper; there's a diff'rence.
EDIT: I mean not to me, that's almost as bad as ordering a dragon figure off amazon and glueing it to your machine, but I think you get what I'm saying.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

LEDs are tough. Some collectors hate them. You lose lighting effects (LED OCD helps, but still losing effects).

Real tough. And it's only getting harder as more options come out. And if someone was adding the price of the OCD LED I would walk away easily, which some people would jump at.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Powder coating is the trickiest of all I think.

Yeah for sure. Frikkin no thanks on 99.9% of that shit.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Maybe I have just been lucky, but I have never had anyone interested in my games have any complaints about my use of LEDs,...If someone is being a prick about LEDs in your games, then you probably need to find another buyer....just sayin'

Maybe you didn't charge extra for them? I haven't when I sell so people can take them out themselves, sell them on the side and be happy. If I have someone being a dick aboot their LEDs when selling, I go find another seller.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

I must not be old enough to know what this is from, can you help me out ?

Quadrophenia

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

You've never heard of Quadrophenia? You don't know about the Mods versus the Rockers down by the sea and sand?

It's funny because of the original premise of "Mods," but it also works because they really loved to just add on as much shit to their MOPEDS as possible.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Ah, but they do - technically, in most cases.

You are not going to find a lot of people that agree Rottendog boards are better.\

EDIT: When someone says "hey this game has a new Rottendog board" the first thing anyone that can work on a board thinks is, "What happened to the original?" I walked away form a machine once over $50 because the person just put a new board in it...probably not even needed.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I won't pay more for a game that has them, but I won't run from it either especially if it is a game known for being parted out like DW or BR.

Sure sure, and I agree. I'm not one that needs "matching original boards," I'm just not paying more because someone didn't know how to do a $10 fix that's easy to me.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I think if you do a powder coat, there is a chance it will make a game more desirable to someone (the definition of value), but it's certainly not a highly probable proposition just judging by the examples I've seen.

It's risk vs. reward. painting it like that narrows your possible sales pool, but increases the price for the smaller pool.

#158 8 years ago

There's a lot of games I like the look of them being blacked out; but of course we're used to seeing black metal on games for a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mods-2?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.