image_(resized).jpeg
X-Men_#3_(resized).JPG
X-Men_#2_(resized).JPG
X-Men_#1_(resized).JPG
pc_(resized).jpg
IMG_0573_(resized).JPG
quadrophenia-1979-002_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Here is that yellow powder coat i was talking about on simpsons

Hey I think I might have your machine now, mine came from NC. It's totally killer and yes the yellow looks outstanding! Even better with the color DMD I slapped on it

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hey I think I might have your machine now, mine came from NC. It's totally killer and yes the yellow looks outstanding! Even better with the color DMD I slapped on it

That looks fantastic.

#153 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

You could also replace the backbox T-molding with yellow

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That looks fantastic.

See but this is where opinion sets in. Personally I find it to be a bit much and prefer the original black on the IM next to it. Would end up passing on a machine with that even if it was the going rate. Too much hassle to replace everything with one that doesn't look like someone murdered homer on it.

#155 8 years ago

Whatcha think about this? Easy off replacement for tspp, and gloss black powder for SS.

IMG_20160124_190052365_(resized).jpgIMG_20160124_190052365_(resized).jpg

IMG_20140302_193130_727_(resized).jpgIMG_20140302_193130_727_(resized).jpg

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Whatcha think about this? Easy off replacement for tspp, and gloss black powder for SS.

IMG_20160124_190052365_(resized).jpgIMG_20140302_193130_727_(resized).jpg

nice shooter on tspp

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

nice shooter on tspp

The best!

#158 8 years ago

There's a lot of games I like the look of them being blacked out; but of course we're used to seeing black metal on games for a long time.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's a lot of games I like the look of them being blacked out; but of course we're used to seeing black metal on games for a long time.

Plus, you play the playfield, not the cabinet. It makes sense for the playfield to stand out and not the cabinet.

#160 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

LOL yes that is most likely mine. Looks great right? If you ever sell let me know Enjoy

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

See but this is where opinion sets in. Personally I find it to be a bit much and prefer the original black on the IM next to it. Would end up passing on a machine with that even if it was the going rate. Too much hassle to replace everything with one that doesn't look like someone murdered homer on it.

Your comments are just plain dumb some of the time. Murdered homer? Get real dude. I had ALOT of interest in this minty pin. It sure as heck was not limited because of the color. That color is signature to the Simpsons brand. smh

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Plus, you play the playfield, not the cabinet. It makes sense for the playfield to stand out and not the cabinet.

Ummmm i have a nice home, i don't care to have junked up machines in my game room. Are you one of those people who never washes your car?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#163 8 years ago

You place a game like that on route or in someones home and see what game people gravitate too the quickest. It's eye candy, period. It looks great and there is no denying that. If you are fine with the black that comes from factory that is cool, not knocking on you, but there is no need to knock those of us who invest on the exterior of the machine as well as the playfield either. Pinball is about the whole experience for me not just the playfield.

I am introducing a new animal to my family this weekend so please excuse me if i don't respond to something directed at me for a while, trust me i will get back to ya just may not be right away.

#164 8 years ago

Your comments are just plain dumb some of the time. Murdered homer? Get real dude. I had ALOT of interest in this minty pin. It sure as heck was not limited because of the color. That color is signature to the Simpsons brand. smh

I preferred when you were pretending to ignore me, please go back to doing that. Pretending to be a designer is not your forte, but as a tip there is this snazzy font called papyrus. You should use it to label everything your game room.

#165 8 years ago

There's room for all camps out here, so be civil. You have those that want a spit-shined perfect cab, that might even want to experiment with some matching or non-traditional color, and you have those on the far other end of the spectrum, those who think Jimmy + Sally carved into a heart on the side and cigarette burns add character. This thread should spark friendly discussion about the pros and cons of modding, not verbal assaults.

#166 8 years ago

Ummmm i have a nice home, i don't care to have junked up machines in my game room. Are you one of those people who never washes your car?

I wasn't talking about condition, but how the trim and cab artwork could sometimes be too prominent because of wild or bright coloring, and taking the focus away from the playfield or backglass.

#167 8 years ago

This thread is basically agree with and say what happilymarried wants or he throws a tantrum.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I preferred when you were pretending to ignore me, please go back to doing that. Pretending to be a designer is not your forte, but as a tip there is this snazzy font called papyrus. You should use it to label everything your game room.

Quoted from Darscot:This thread is basically agree with and say what happilymarried wants or he throws a tantrum.

you must be the cartman of the group. Here to stir up something? throw a tantrum? First of all let's get this straight, nobody can throw a tantrum on the internet. ITS THE INTERNET .....obviously you have been accused at this before, is this your "deflecting" of your own problem lol. The great thing about life is everyone has a choice, its freedom, i don't care who likes what but good try with the trolling to start your own tantrum thread via my opinion thread

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I wasn't talking about condition, but how the trim and cab artwork could sometimes be too prominent because of wild or bright coloring, and taking the focus away from the playfield or backglass.

Seems unlikely that a paint job is going to draw your attention away from what you are doing, i would hope people are able to concentrate that well otherwise alot of people should never drive.....

#170 8 years ago

For all you MODDERS (that a word :p lol out there what is your favorite mod of all time and why

#171 8 years ago

you must be the cartman of the group. Here to stir up something? throw a tantrum? First of all let's get this straight, nobody can throw a tantrum on the internet. ITS THE INTERNET .....obviously you have been accused at this before, is this your "deflecting" of your own problem lol. The great thing about life is everyone has a choice, its freedom, i don't care who likes what but good try with the trolling to start your own tantrum thread via my opinion thread

Alrighty then, slowly backs out of thread.

#172 8 years ago

For all you MODDERS (that a word :p lol out there what is your favorite mod of all time and why

My favorite mod....the WOZ throne room mod.

I designed/machined it...

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My favorite mod....the WOZ throne room mod.
I designed/machined it...

cool lets see it

#174 8 years ago

Mods to me make the game better in feel, game play or just look cool. If the buyer of your mod'd machine wants a base machine just take off what you can and sell it to them at a fair base value. You can always sell the mods here or ebay for what you paid (exceptions being led strips, stickers and led bulbs). Add up what you paid for your TWD then what you paid for all of your mods....subtract what you sold it for and what you sold your mods for and you show your true "lo$$".

One thing know one has mentioned is the added value to the original purchaser - installing and playing with the mod while owning it. Sometimes we forget why we are in the hobby ...is it not to "lose" or to have a good time?

Now that "loss" - was it worth it to own it as you wanted it for the time you had it in your home?

#175 8 years ago

all my games have been well worth it, loss or gain

#176 8 years ago

Two of the best mods I can think of:
Judge Dredd deadworld mod is the coolest ball lock in history:
15559731496_2ed280193a_b_(resized).jpg15559731496_2ed280193a_b_(resized).jpg

Tron arcade cabinet is cool because it re-appropriates a video game (what supposedly led to the death of pinball) as pinball eye candy:
tronCabinet_640_(resized).jpgtronCabinet_640_(resized).jpg

#177 8 years ago

I was very proud of this one. Came up with it back in January of 2004. It would pulsate with the Balrog (it was an incandescent bulb) and flashed very brightly when you struck the Balrog. It was still working perfectly when I sold the machine in 2012.

GandalfsStaff_(resized).jpgGandalfsStaff_(resized).jpg

#178 8 years ago

I'm obviously biased, but replacing the Star Trek music with the orchestral soundtrack from the movie is transformative:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video

#179 8 years ago

When I see a game full of clown puke LEDs, airbrushed van art, and a playfield full of plastic dolls, this is what I think of.

Sick Mods BroSick Mods Bro

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

When I see a game full of clown puke LEDs, airbrushed van art, and a playfield full of plastic dolls, this is what I think of.

And some folks love it....I can still appreciate those vans.

fe3c5a8b5e4a5543275d81e857a09a95.jpgfe3c5a8b5e4a5543275d81e857a09a95.jpg

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's not 1975 anymore.

So what? It's not 1958 anymore and I restored a woodrail. Its about appreciation for all things pinball. There's room for all facets of the hobby out here. Flipperless pins and modern fast Stern pins are not my thing, it doesn't mean I have reason to shit all over the folks that like them. Have some respect for those that mod, even if you don't agree with it. Some folks put a lot of time, energy and $ into keeping this hobby interesting.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I generally agree with you, and for the most part I'm not a big fan of custom paint or powder coating, but I think the yellow and blue on my Wolvie LE actually looks pretty cool ...
X-Men_#1_(resized).JPG
X-Men_#2_(resized).JPG
X-Men_#3_(resized).JPG

That XMen Wolverine LE powder is the best use of color I have seen to date. Excellent job!

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not saying that I like the yellow, but I'm sure someone with machines on location would prefer the machine to stand out to draw people over, then the rest of the art will take over. HU may be a different story depending on the room, other machines etc.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

you don't play the back glass either. That is also there to attract people.
It amazes me that people go on about the playfield art when playing machine, lights, ramps and all of that take over when playing. Never heard someone say shoot the art on the right. Lighting effects are more important. The machines are nice to look at but better to play.

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's not 1975 anymore.

exactly we now have this thing called color. Its really cool. Lol. So led may not be for you, the market says they are for more people than you think. Same goes for pc etc

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

So what? It's not 1958 anymore and I restored a woodrail. Its about appreciation for all things pinball. There's room for all facets of the hobby out here. Flipperless pins and modern fast Stern pins are not my thing, it doesn't mean I have reason to shit all over the folks that like them. Have some respect for those that mod, even if you don't agree with it. Some folks put a lot of time, energy and $ into keeping this hobby interesting.

+1

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

So what? It's not 1958 anymore and I restored a woodrail.

Did you paint it like the side of a van? If not, then your point is completely lost.

You want to add some LEDs? Sure, go for it, it's not permanent. But if you airbrush the cabinet and put an ugly alt translite on the game, don't expect to get your money back.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

then your point is completely lost.

Ah, I guess you missed where I said "appreciation for all things pinball".

Some folks who are in the motorcycle hobby would really like this, for others that don't - they should just say "hey, it's not my thing". As for the money part, sure as shit if the person wants this bike, they're going to pay for it, mods - custom paint, elaborate chrome. Will the seller get the money out that they put into it? Probably not, statistically in most cases anything customized usually doesn't, but sometimes.

custom-chopper-motorcycles-15604473-1280-9604-4_(resized).jpgcustom-chopper-motorcycles-15604473-1280-9604-4_(resized).jpg

#191 8 years ago

tron mod is really cool

2 weeks later
#192 8 years ago

anyone made any "personal" modifications that are one of a kind

#193 8 years ago

On Maverick, I cut out all the little windows on the Lauren Belle, added lighting and smokestacks. Also backlit the topper with LEDs.

I added Neopixel Ring LEDs to the pops on Pinbot.

I made a custom lighted submarine for Bally Atlantis.

#194 8 years ago

Triggered by the jackpot flasher.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

» YouTube video

LMAO!

#196 8 years ago

Anything worth owning is worth modding!
So you don't put desktop wall papers on your desktop?
You don't put wallpapers on your phone?
You don't put spinners on your 4x4?

This argument is pointless - Personally I mod just about anything that is worth collecting / using on a daily basis!
Computers, Pinball Machines, Drones, 3D Printers, whatever - you name it.

#197 8 years ago

I definitely think mods add value to a pin! A fully pimped out badass looking pin is worth more to me than a stock pin. I fully understand if someone's asking price is higher than book if it's pimped out and I would be willing to pay the extra amount if I like whats done to it. If I don't like what's done I don't expect them to come down to stock price and I move on to something I like. If I like bare stock I'll pay bare stock but if I like fully modded I don't expect to pay bare stock value. It's simple, If you don't like the price don't buy it but someone will appreciate whats been done and will be willing to pay for it.

#199 8 years ago

Well, Chuck......you ARE their father!

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

» YouTube video

That is awesome I want one! or two!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mods-2/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.