Topic Stats

• 1,219 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Ballderdash
  • Topic is favorited by 413 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1778 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1271 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1270 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1269 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7624 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6652 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3836 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3839 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3840 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3834 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3835 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3833 (resized).jpeg
    PDC04705.JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 Flagpole hinge mod Instructions Posted by kungfucop (10 years ago)

Post #194 Brake release mod Posted by edgewerx (9 years ago)

Post #196 Flagpole hinge mod Instructions Posted by ForceFlow (9 years ago)

Post #216 elbow mod Instructions Posted by chrisjens2 (9 years ago)

Post #222 Triangle hinge & bolt mod Instructions Posted by leesparts (8 years ago)

Post #238 Swivel Tee mod instructions Posted by pinwiztom (8 years ago)

Post #384 Bimini hinge mod Posted by harryhoudini (6 years ago)

Post #594 Bimini Cap Mod Instructions Posted by Daditude (5 years ago)

Post #1036 Adjustment for table not lifting Posted by SirMachismo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tfduda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#960 2 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have the opposite problem. Raises just fine. Pump pump pump an inch or so at a time. BUT, when I need to lower the table, it's ALL or nothing! Pulling the reklease lever half way or so, and then the slightest additional pull and the loaded table drops like a rock! NOT sure if there is anything that can be done. This is the 500# HF table, about 4 months old now.

Mine is similar but if I gently pull the release handle, I can get the cart to lower slowly, but it certainly is a sweet spot. I have tried adjusting the cable, but that didn’t change anything. I am not sure if adding any more hydraulic fluid would help, but just read a post about these needing topping off and so may try that. If anyone has a solution, I’m all ears.

#971 2 years ago

Yes, I have adjusted the cable. No affect on the speed of lowering. Adjusting the cable just causes the 'drop point' to move on the handle pull. But like I said, when I finally hit that spot, it drops all the way down instantly. I suspect the cylinder is broken, defective or missing fluid???

Mine does the same—I can though occasionally find a sweet spot with the handle pull where I can get it to lower slowly, but it isn’t easy and it lowers too quickly at times when I overshoot the right spot.

I too don’t know if topping off the hydraulic fluid will work or if I have a lemon, but am willing to try adding fluid if this might solve the problem (though the last time I did this with my floor jack, I apparently overfilled it and had hydraulic fluid squirt all over my garage (even on the ceiling!) the next time I used it and so I haven’t had the courage to do this yet with the HF lift as I am obviously not doing something right when I add hydraulic fluid and still not sure if it’s a viable solution in this particular case).

#972 2 years ago

And at least mine is the 500 lb lift. Not sure about Mark’s lift.

#974 2 years ago

Yes, I have adjusted the cable. No affect on the speed of lowering. Adjusting the cable just causes the 'drop point' to move on the handle pull. But like I said, when I finally hit that spot, it drops all the way down instantly. I suspect the cylinder is broken, defective or missing fluid???

After messing with my 500 lb HF lift yesterday, I realized that the issue with my lift is not the same as that of Markharris2000's lift. In particular, my lift table will drop only a short distance (<1" or so) when the release handle is pulled and then it will continue to lower slowly whereas it sounds that Markharris2000's lift is dropping all the way to the floor when the handle is pulled. I can find a sweet spot on the release handle in which I can get it to lower slowly and so haven't bothered to see if I can fix it (until yesterday).

Although I don't have a solution for Markharris2000's lift, I attempted a couple of potential fixes on mine to attempt to resolve its problem. None worked. These include (again) attempting to adjust the release cable--like Markharris2000 said for his lift, this had no impact aside from moving the point at which the release handle causes the table to lower. I also added hydraulic fluid to the cylinder (following bleeding instructions for the lift), but it didn't have any noticeable effect either. I suppose it's possible that there is a small pocket of air that I didn't remove that is still causing the problem or that the release valve is just not working properly. At some point in the future I may try removing all the fluid and then adding a new batch, but in the meanwhile I will just keep trying to find that sweet spot on the release handle pull.

1 week later
    #978 2 years ago

I guess it's time for me to try and bleed/re-fill the cylinder and see kif that helps with my dead-drop table

When I topped mine off it needed maybe about 3 or 4 ounces or so (or maybe more—forgot to check the level on the container before I started adding fluid). The plug is a major pain to put back in—have fun with that! After I filled it, put the plug back in, and began lowering the lift, it stopped lowering and I could see the plug beginning to pop out. I ended up using a large slotted screwdriver to press on the side of the plug to release an ounce or so of fluid until it lowered completely.

Good luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tfduda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table?tu=tfduda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.