Topic Stats

• 1,219 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Ballderdash
  • Topic is favorited by 413 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1778 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1271 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1270 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1269 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7624 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6652 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3836 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3839 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3840 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3834 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3835 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3833 (resized).jpeg
    PDC04705.JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 Flagpole hinge mod Instructions Posted by kungfucop (10 years ago)

Post #194 Brake release mod Posted by edgewerx (9 years ago)

Post #196 Flagpole hinge mod Instructions Posted by ForceFlow (9 years ago)

Post #216 elbow mod Instructions Posted by chrisjens2 (9 years ago)

Post #222 Triangle hinge & bolt mod Instructions Posted by leesparts (8 years ago)

Post #238 Swivel Tee mod instructions Posted by pinwiztom (8 years ago)

Post #384 Bimini hinge mod Posted by harryhoudini (6 years ago)

Post #594 Bimini Cap Mod Instructions Posted by Daditude (5 years ago)

Post #1036 Adjustment for table not lifting Posted by SirMachismo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pghpinballrescue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#789 4 years ago

Are you guys doing anything to modify the wheels to bigger wheels?

#790 4 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

Where did you get the parts and do you have a list? I was curious if someone had new links as the originals are a couple years old.
    Looks great.

I too would like a shopping list.

5 months later
    #862 3 years ago

I drilled my tubes out put long bolts through

#866 3 years ago
    Quoted from RDBowers:

12" swivel (rated for 1000 lbs) which included eight 5/8" flat metal screws. Cost $14.59 CAD + tax

Can you show a pic of the swivel and/or post a link for the unit you purchased?

3 months later
    #918 3 years ago
    Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ok bought the 500lb HF lift a month or so ago....did the handle mod...ant stored it. Now I need to move my games... pump the handle... comes up.. get it located...then nothing... release...pump the handle...nothing... wait a while etc... does the same thing... up...and then nothing... ideas..??? Brand new... never used...

There are a few people in this thread who also had the problem, even before they modded the handle. I didn't have the problem so I didn't pay miuch attention to them, but I think it had to do with an adjustment screw somewhere.

1 month later
    #947 3 years ago

Is there a fix for when you pull the release handle just a speck the thing comes crashing down too fast?

Mine works perfectly fine, but a buddy of mine has one and it is way too touchy.

3 months later
    #982 2 years ago

FYI: There is a safety latch on this table that is usable when the table is in the full upright position.

I accidentally tripped it when I was moving a pin and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't lower.

2 months later
    1 week later
    #994 2 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

Along the same theme of stuffing 2X4s in there, here is how I did it with mine:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did you use for the metal pins in the 2x4s?

#996 2 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

0.500" aluminum round rod. I rounded over the end on a belt sander then cut it to length of 1.500".... hot hot hot... so each peg has a rounded end and a raw crappy bandsaw cut. They poke out of the 2X4 right at 0.500" and epoxy was used to help keep them in place.
    amazon.com link »

Thank you muchly!

1 year later
    #1034 1 year ago

I think the reason that the carts don't come with 4 swivel wheels is because it'll be too easy and tempting to push a machine sideways rather than just pulling it forward or pushing it back.

I can see bad things happening if you push the machine sideways and the cart hits a spot it won't roll across easily.
    It'll tip and spill your machine on the ground.

Stability sideways is next to none.

I'm with the rest of the crowd here....swivel in the front, stationary in the back.

I do like the idea of bigger tires though.
    Spiderpin can you post some pics of your new tires? How did you mount them to the cart?

#1042 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

None taken, I got kicked out of welding school. Yes the weld is questionable on sides. Big gap and was in hurry. Better weld on front and back, both surfaces were touching. It's been like that for about 3 years now and moved approximately 30-40 pins in and out the house, down a ramp. Also move pins around within the room itself.
    It's on my list of items to revisit.

And now it will break on the next pin you move....because you mentioned it. Jinx!

1 month later
    #1095 1 year ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

I'm picking up a 500lb. unit this week...Missed the coupon though..ugh! Anyway, I have a pretty unique situation where I'll need pneumatic tires on this unit. Has anyone here had any success in doing that? The tires that come with this from the factory will absolutely NOT work for me...thanks in advance!

Keep in mind you'll get flat spots on your tires if you keep any weight on them for extended periods of time.

6 months later
    #1107 7 months ago

I just had to replace one of the casters because it cracked and disintegrated.
    I bought replacements at HF, but they weren't perfect matches.

Taller/wider wheels will require heavy modification of the brackets that hold the wheels.
    And remember you can't have the wheels stick out or it won't fit between the legs when you slide it under.

#1128 7 months ago
    Quoted from Laithan:

I have never seen this mentioned and it is kind of crazy. Warning/Sharing my experience with the 1,000lb cart (I checked, this does not apply to the 500lb cart).

I purchased the cart and installed the handle backwards, all good there. Then I read the instructions (this is the part I bet most missed and so did my local Harbor Freight lol) and it says that the hydraulic cylinder MUST be purged of air BEFORE use (it ships only half-full). You have to remove the filler bolt but for me it was just a RUBBER plug (WTF). This rubber plug CANNOT be re-used once removed because once you fill it with hydraulic fluid, it blows out just by lowering the table.

This is the part where all the 1,000lb cart owners go over and check their cylinder to see if that rubber plug is still installed or if it is an actual bolt.

You are supposed to bleed it, fill it all the way with hydraulic fluid and then install "Filler Bolt (242) and "Seal Washer (243)". The problem is, neither of these are included in the package. At this point the entire lift is useless and does not function because of this single bolt and washer not included. Of course I tried putting the rubber plug back in (PIA) which I managed to do, but immediately became a projectile when I lowered the table (as expected). I could try and find a bolt at home depot but I really wanted the "right" one since there is high pressure involved.

EASY fix right, I just call the parts department and order the missing part.. Well I was on the phone with them for 30mins and in the end they literally told me that this filler bolt part number 242 and seal washer part number 243 are UNAVAILABLE. They cannot order one for me. Too bad, so sad..

Ah ok well next stop is to talk to the store manager at Harbor Freight. I explained the issue and he took me into the back room where they had 3 of the same lift carts and we checked all three of them and they all still had the RUBBER plug installed lol. He was going to give me the bolt from one of them but apparently those 3 that they were using never came with the elusive filler bolt either (and they never RTFM).

I returned it.. so to everyone that has a 1,000lb cart with the rubber plug still installed from the factory and also did not get the filler bolt, just be aware that with enough weight, it WILL blow the rubber plug out and the lift will fail. It could be dangerous for you or the game. Although I KNOW it works with it, just be aware that the rubber plug can fail at any time and was never designed to hold pressure.

I really hope everyone else got that important filler bolt.. I think Harbor Freight should have never used a temporary plug... Fail
    [quoted image]

Sounds like a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

As far as a replacement bolt, I'm sure its metric, so just go to the hardware store and buy a bolt that fits.
    A little teflon tape on the threads will keep it from leaking, or talk to the hardware store employee to see if they have a rubber o-ting that'll fit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pghpinballrescue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table?tu=pghpinballrescue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.