Topic Stats

• 1,219 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Ballderdash
  • Topic is favorited by 413 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1778 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1271 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1270 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1269 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7624 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6652 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3836 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3839 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3840 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3834 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3835 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3833 (resized).jpeg
    PDC04705.JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 Flagpole hinge mod Instructions Posted by kungfucop (10 years ago)

Post #194 Brake release mod Posted by edgewerx (9 years ago)

Post #196 Flagpole hinge mod Instructions Posted by ForceFlow (9 years ago)

Post #216 elbow mod Instructions Posted by chrisjens2 (9 years ago)

Post #222 Triangle hinge & bolt mod Instructions Posted by leesparts (8 years ago)

Post #238 Swivel Tee mod instructions Posted by pinwiztom (8 years ago)

Post #384 Bimini hinge mod Posted by harryhoudini (6 years ago)

Post #594 Bimini Cap Mod Instructions Posted by Daditude (5 years ago)

Post #1036 Adjustment for table not lifting Posted by SirMachismo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#227 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I ended up going with the flagpole hinge method. It did not require any destructive modifications, however I did need to get a longer release cable (bike brake cable) since there wasn't enough slack in the original cable.
    The parts:
    -1" diamater wooden dowel; Two pieces 5-3/4" in length. (sourced from lowes)
    -Four flag poles: amazon.com link »
    -50" bike brake sheath/housing and 60" steel cable (sourced from a local bike shop. Note that prices varied wildly, so you may have to shop around. One bike shop had a similar cable for $45 )
    -(optional): Two short metric hex bolts; M8-1.25x16 (found at lowes in the specialty parts drawers). This is to avoid drilling the dowel and so that the bolts aren't sticking out several inches.
    Cost:
    1"x48" dowel: $4
    Flag poles: $35
    Bolts: $1.14
    Brake cable & sheath: $14.45
    Total: $54.59
    The verdict: This was a fairly easy mod that didn't take too long to do--however, if you've never worked on a bike or replaced a brake cable, the difficulty level would probably go up a couple notches. Either way, it was a bit more than I would've liked to have spent. Right now I have the teeth of one pole mount locked up against the flat side of the other pole mount. In this configuration, the little teeth have been popping off if you try to apply force to the handle without loosening the wingnut on bolt holding the hinged joint together. However, it does the job and folds down without any problems.
    20140705164917277-365.jpg 20140705165015141-16.jpg 20140705165053767-304.jpg 20140705165208289-253.jpg

I went with the flagpole version and it does look nice! It is a bit woobly since the teeth don't really "bite" due to both side being concave... Also worried about "eating" the outside by screwing tight to make sure the handle don't move...
    I am thinking some large washers may help that but any way to help making the teeth sits better together?

WP_20150908_17_49_55_Pro.jpgWP_20150908_17_49_55_Pro.jpg

3 weeks later
    #233 8 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Just an fyi as it has been posted here earlier... You can simply stand on the Hf table and push/bend the handle down. Takes 2 seconds. You can then pull out the handle for storage if you'd like. Or go the fancy route for those looking for another project.

I thought that was actually a joke? I can tell you there was 0 chance this would have worked with mine May be because I am 160lbs but the bar did not budge at all...

4 weeks later
    #246 8 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

This one would work without the need to grind anything. amazon.com link »

Actually I had to grind these quite a bit... Needed to order 2 sets, 4 pairs and use 2 of the long ones together so both side where convex. One had to be grinded so the teeth fit together...

5 years later
    #890 3 years ago

well, after years of services, one of the wheel on my lift table is splitting H&F does not carry replacement and their answer is "to buy a new one...".

Any chance someone has a spare? old one broken that a wheel (does not even need to be the whole caster) could be taken from?

20201128_160450- (resized).jpg20201128_160450- (resized).jpg

#892 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

4 bolts each corner - go to home depot and get new ones. The others are probably ready to go too.

i spent an hour on the internet, none of the 4" caster wheels are the same size. the bolt hole spacing do not match even closely. I am hoping for a replacement before having to drill new holes or keep the caster but change the wheels :S

#898 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

wow he's not lying.. this is a list of replacement parts and the caster wheels aren't on it (looks like you can only buy a replacement cylinder)
    https://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/parts/In_Stock_Replacement_Parts.pdf
    I measured the wheel.. Hub portion is 40mm wide, 100mm diameter, and has an M10 bolt
    This replacement should work fine (bolt will have .5mm more total clearance because of the metric to imperial conversion)
    https://www.mcmaster.com/2315T527/
    You may want to buy a set of 4 so they match (plus these are rated at 400lbs each). Keep the stock 3 as spares just in case.
    ** Can a mod make this a sticky? **

Thanks, I will definitely try those

i was wondering if i could upgrade to 5" wheels to make it a little higher... it's just a little too short to level up with my car trunk to slide it in.

#901 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These things are cheap. I too went through the “can I buy a new wheel?” Thing with harbor freight. I was kind of annoyed until I remembered I’d got over 10 years out of a lift cart I paid $120 for.

Probably easier to just buy a new one.

Not quite 10 years out of mine, though I have thought about it since someone my hydraulic is a bit moody (guess it is due to a drain)... I was waiting for a 20-30% BOOOOOM discount

But if you have an old one with some extra wheels lying around, i'll take them

#903 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

think I'd just go to the surplus hardware store buy a set of 4 wheels and drill new holes .....how long could it take

yeah i think that's going to be next weekend project.

#909 3 years ago

perfect timing to buy a replacement if i need to!

5 months later
    #961 2 years ago

anyone has a good way to get the lift 1-2" higher, my car trunk is just a little high compare to its full extension.

#968 2 years ago

pretty good idea, safer that using an angled ramp i guess...

As soon as i can remove the extra boards on top when not needed and the top is still flat. I "slide" machine form vertical to horizontal or horizontal to vertical (all the way at the bottom) which help me set the games up/put them away.

3 months later
    #998 2 years ago

whoa quite the experience there... glad to see you got the full money back

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table?tu=hisokajp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.