Topic Stats

• 1,208 posts
  • 370 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by Williampinball
  • Topic is favorited by 414 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7624 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6652 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3836 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3839 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3840 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3834 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3835 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3833 (resized).jpeg
    PDC04705.JPG
    PDC04708.JPG
    PDC04709.JPG
    PDC04706.JPG
    PDC04707.JPG
    IMG_1245 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.
    #401 6 years ago

Nope, not your phone @vid1900, it's my brain. They were M6. The M8 are what I didn't get because they likely would be too large and I didn't want to deal with drilling the holes, given that I thought they were large enough anyhow. I had M5 items before this, a ratcheting wing nut with a threaded post, but that was definitely too small. M6 seems quite beefy for this need.

#402 6 years ago

Lots of good ways in this thread. Here is one I just finished.

It uses half of the existing handle for everything:
    1) pump handle
    2) moving handle
    3) release for lowering

The handle removes quickly to lay on top of the table for storage.

You only need to buy one part for about $3.
    The only real work to do is to slightly enlarge the ID of the steel pipe to 5/8" so the pin will press in (well...hammer in).
    The 5/8" dia. pin can be cut from the pump foot pedal, or it can a trailer hitch cross pin cut off. I had a trailer hitch adapter with a cross pin that was perfect.

HF table mod assembled (resized).jpgHF table mod assembled (resized).jpg

HF table mod handle off (resized).jpgHF table mod handle off (resized).jpg

HF table mod handle spring pin (resized).jpgHF table mod handle spring pin (resized).jpg

HF table mod steel pipe (resized).jpgHF table mod steel pipe (resized).jpg

HF table mod drill (resized).jpgHF table mod drill (resized).jpg

HF table mod pin closeup installed in handle (resized).jpgHF table mod pin closeup installed in handle (resized).jpg

HF table mod pin and sleeve test fit (resized).jpgHF table mod pin and sleeve test fit (resized).jpg

HF table mod cut handle (resized).jpgHF table mod cut handle (resized).jpg

#403 6 years ago
    Quoted from P2K:

Lots of good ways in this thread. Here is one I just finished.
    It uses half of the existing handle for everything:
    1) pump handle
    2) moving handle
    3) release for lowering
    The handle removes quickly to lay on top of the table for storage.
    You only need to buy one part for about $3.
    The only real work to do is to slightly enlarge the ID of the steel pipe to 5/8" so the pin will press in (well...hammer in).
    The 5/8" dia. pin can be cut from the pump foot pedal, or it can a trailer hitch cross pin cut off. I had a trailer hitch adapter with a cross pin that was perfect.

Nice looking build! I love all the novel ideas that pop up in this thread.

#404 6 years ago

My lift table consists of me on all fours under the machine, lifting it, then crawling where it needs to go as my wife steers the machine.

Man I wish I was kidding.

#406 6 years ago

Great thread guys. I am still on the fence on what mod to try. Wondering if those who have a hinge or bimini end cap mod are able to steer the table effectively. I am imagining the handle just being loose and not really being able to steer. Can anyone with these mods chime in on this?

I also came across this awesome pushbutton locking hinge that looks like it would work great but from what I can find it is way too expensive. Search for VAL10PB on youtube to see it in action (I just registered and forum doesn't allow posting links for me just yet)

variloc_aluminum1 (resized).jpgvariloc_aluminum1 (resized).jpg

#407 6 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

I'm finally at a computer with the pictures and have a minute so here goes...
    I have a Larin lift table that I got at Farm & Fleet (a midwest hardware superstore type place in Wisconsin) years ago. I made a modification that works as a handle & helps setting up. It seems scary at first, but works really well. You have to put the front legs on the pin to give yourself leverage when tipping. It's made of square tubing, a flat piece to serve as a lip to hold the game and two barn hinges. Maybe with a little tweaking, it could be adapted to the Harbor Freight table.
    I'll have it at the MGC again if anyone wants to check it out.

Still the best one I have ever seen. A close second is the ghetto one Jediturtle made.

#408 6 years ago
    Quoted from MannyTC:

Great thread guys. I am still on the fence on what mod to try. Wondering if those who have a hinge or bimini end cap mod are able to steer the table effectively.

Yes, there are no issues with steering. The only slightly difficult part is going forward and all you have to do for that is lower the handle in order to push the table.

Buying this table was $150 well spent IMO as I can now set up a new machine without any help. I found that 20" between the cart and back of the machine is a great distance to lower the machine onto the cart, it must be very close to the center of balance as you can then lift the back of the machine with 2 fingers and push it the rest of the way onto the cart.

#409 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Buying this table was $150 well spent IMO

Harbor Freight has a 25% off coupon for the next 3 days (https://www.harborfreight.com/ printable coupon and code are right on the front page) taking the price down to $127.50

#410 6 years ago
    Quoted from Adams:

Harbor Freight has a 25% off coupon for the next 3 days (https://www.harborfreight.com/ printable coupon and code are right on the front page) taking the price down to $127.50

The 25% off coupons only pop up a couple of times a year so this is a great opportunity to save an extra 5% over the standard 20% off coupon.

1 month later
    #411 6 years ago

How are the wheels on this cart for hardwood floors. Will they scuff them up? Thanks in advance!

#412 6 years ago

Wheels should be fine on hardwood floors, provided you have not wheeled the thing outdoors. My wheels have ground-in sand/grit from transporting a pin from my Jeep; I would not use mine on hardwood without making some attempt to scrub them clean.

Not an issue for me in my basement w/concrete, then carpet.

#413 6 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Wheels should be fine on hardwood floors, provided you have not wheeled the thing outdoors. My wheels have ground-in sand/grit from transporting a pin from my Jeep; I would not use mine on hardwood without making some attempt to scrub them clean.
    Not an issue for me in my basement w/concrete, then carpet.

Thanks for the response - what type of wheels are they?

#414 6 years ago

They're a plastic type wheel with a round profile. You can clearly see the scuffs/grit.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#415 6 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

They're a plastic type wheel with a round profile. You can clearly see the scuffs/grit.

thank you greatly

#416 6 years ago

Just wanted to throw in that these carts make a nice adjustable stool sit at while working.

#417 6 years ago
    Quoted from AMBoggs:

Just wanted to throw in that these carts make a nice adjustable stool sit at while working.

Also if you have kids, they'll get a kick out of jacking themselves up and down on it. Hundreds of uses!

1 week later
    #418 6 years ago

Harbor Freight is THE WORST COMPANY on planet earth. I ordered the cart. The entire box was damaged. It was missing the pin and bolts to connect the wheels. Like a reasonable person, I email them to get the parts. They don't respond. I call customer service and they cant send the parts but i can send the item back. How the hell do you send a 100 pound item back when you dont have the box since it was all ripped up and what logical sense does it make when you can just send me the parts.

Horrible customer service.

#419 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

Harbor Freight is THE WORST COMPANY on planet earth. I ordered the cart. The entire box was damaged. It was missing the pin and bolts to connect the wheels. Like a reasonable person, I email them to get the parts. They don't respond. I call customer service and they cant send the parts but i can send the item back. How the hell do you send a 100 pound item back when you dont have the box since it was all ripped up and what logical sense does it make when you can just send me the parts. Horrible customer service.

Bummer, the cart isn't much use without the wheels. I'd ask them in writing for a prepaid shipping label and replacement shipping box. If they don't respond or won't give it to you, initiate a chargeback with your CC company. That might get their attention, and if it doesn't at least you'll get your money back.

#420 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

Harbor Freight is THE WORST COMPANY on planet earth. I ordered the cart. The entire box was damaged. It was missing the pin and bolts to connect the wheels. Like a reasonable person, I email them to get the parts. They don't respond. I call customer service and they cant send the parts but i can send the item back. How the hell do you send a 100 pound item back when you dont have the box since it was all ripped up and what logical sense does it make when you can just send me the parts.
    Horrible customer service.

Can you take it to a local HF and exchange it?

#421 6 years ago
    Quoted from AMBoggs:

Can you take it to a local HF and exchange it?

There isnothing too close - maybe over an hour away and its a pain in the ass to move

#422 6 years ago

If you can't get this resolved with Harbor Freight just contact your credit card company and dispute the charge, this ALWAYS gets a merchants attention.

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Guy:

If you can't get this resolved with Harbor Freight just contact your credit card company and dispute the charge, this ALWAYS gets a merchants attention.

Already did

#424 6 years ago
    Quoted from locdb:

Mine. I went with the "lowrider" handle. Added carpet w/carpet tape to replace the stinky mat.

here's a semi stupid question - how in the heck do you get the cable out from the welded loop its in that's attached to the handle?

#425 6 years ago

Bend or cut the metal loop.

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

Bend or cut the metal loop.

I dont think bending would work since there is no opening and what the heck would you cut it with? There is almost no room between the wire and the hole.

#427 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

I dont think bending would work since there is no opening and what the heck would you cut it with? There is almost no room between the wire and the hole.

On mine it was not closed. An angle grinder will do the trick if it is closed.

1 week later
    #428 6 years ago

I just did this one today. $6.00 and change in parts from Home Depot.
    Not the prettiest but fully functional.

IMG_3334 (resized).JPGIMG_3334 (resized).JPG

IMG_3335 (resized).JPGIMG_3335 (resized).JPG

IMG_3336 (resized).JPGIMG_3336 (resized).JPG

#429 6 years ago

I’ve had a HF lift for about 10 years, and was frustrated that it only went up to 26 1/2" as it was just short of the lip of my truck. Went out bought some hydraulic fluid as I know some fluid leaked out, so maybe topping off and bleeding the system will get it to go higher. I read from the tread that the normal height was 28.5” maximum lift. Turns out, 28.5” is not the max on my old model.

Adding hydraulic fluid and bleeding the system certainly did not hurt as it pumps up stronger, but did not raise the lift past the original 26 ½”.

I am too cheap, and too lazy to have to buy a new card and modify it, so I took the easy way out, I added 2x8x8 boards to the top of my cart to get it up higher by 1 3/4”.

A 2x8x8 had a height of 1 ¾” after it is made smooth, which I had cut so it was 6” longer than the HF cart bed to add some additionally stability. Tip, have Home Depot cut the wood as doing it by hand is tough as the cheapest wood is green.
    I also brought six 2" carriage bolts and nuts, and drilled holes through the wood and the HF cart bed. Use titanium bits to punch through the cart top.

Pay particular note where you drill the holes, as the bolt can interfere with the scissor action down below and the table will not go down.
    Whole thing cost less than $10.

When I use the cart I throw a cloth doormat in top of the bed so carriage bolts don't damage bottom of the game. I did countersink the top carriage bolt head so it it not stick up very high.

I also used L brackets to allow my handle to fold down. With the raising of the bed, I had to raise the handle mount on the L bracket so the handle still folds flat.

Hope my solution adds to options, this is a great thread and learned a lot from it, especially on bleeding the cylinder.

ron

IMG_9669 (resized).JPGIMG_9669 (resized).JPG

IMG_9671 (resized).JPGIMG_9671 (resized).JPG

IMG_9670 (resized).JPGIMG_9670 (resized).JPG

#430 6 years ago

That's very similar to what i ended up doing with mine a while back, although I opted for a less heavy duty version. I've also utility-carpeted the wood since the pic was taken. Looks a bit more snazzy now

IMG_20160416_184314 (resized).jpgIMG_20160416_184314 (resized).jpg

4 months later
    #432 6 years ago

Whats the latest with these HF table lifts? I need to move pins (with legs on) around my basement which is carpeted. Currently looks like HF has a 500lb one that everyone is modifying. The 1000lb on looks like you could reverse the handle brackets to fold away from the table. Anyone with recent experience on which table to buy? Does the 1000 unit fit thru the front of the legs? Thanks

#433 6 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Whats the latest with these HF table lifts? I need to move pins (with legs on) around my basement which is carpeted. Currently looks like HF has a 500lb one that everyone is modifying. The 1000lb on looks like you could reverse the handle brackets to fold away from the table. Anyone with recent experience on which table to buy? Does the 1000 unit fit thru the front of the legs? Thanks

I have the 1000lb version. It just barely fits through the legs of a standard. I have some heavy JJP pins, so I wanted the beefier version for a better safety margin. Probably over-kill, but I have other things to lift with it also. I do very much want to modify the handles like these other guys in this thread as it gets a little "tippy" for some of my pins. This is a good reminder for me to order some of those handle mod parts.

#434 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I have the 1000lb version. It just barely fits through the legs of a standard. I have some heavy JJP pins, so I wanted the beefier version for a better safety margin. Probably over-kill, but I have other things to lift with it also. I do very much want to modify the handles like these other guys in this thread as it gets a little "tippy" for some of my pins. This is a good reminder for me to order some of those handle mod parts.

Can the brackets for the handle be reversed so that it folds down away from the table?

#435 6 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Can the brackets for the handle be reversed so that it folds down away from the table?

I'll check on that tonight and report back.

#436 6 years ago

Thanks!

#437 6 years ago

It looks like the handle pivots very well "could" be just turned around. I try it in the next couple of days when time permits and report back with pics. That would sure be an easy fix.

#438 6 years ago

My wife got me one of these lifts for Christmas, I made extensions that moved the handle back 5 inches. It still doesn’t center under the game but it works better.

97904001-883E-4EFB-A974-11E6102B77D1 (resized).jpeg97904001-883E-4EFB-A974-11E6102B77D1 (resized).jpeg

D185F3B7-0503-4C0B-9258-83FFB08E0687 (resized).jpegD185F3B7-0503-4C0B-9258-83FFB08E0687 (resized).jpeg

#439 6 years ago

Is that the 500lb or 1000lb model?

#440 6 years ago

1000 Lb Harbor Freight Model

Before:
    20180129_192903 (resized).jpg20180129_192903 (resized).jpg
    Lift the cart a bit so that you can access the nut on the back side and remove the handle and put it on top of the platform for now. remove the brackets turn them around and reattach:
    20180129_194814 (resized).jpg20180129_194814 (resized).jpg
    After ... the handle will fold down the opposite way now. Note that once it gets past this point in the pic, the handle will basically free fall down, so other methods have the advantage of locking it into a position
    20180129_200000 (resized).jpg20180129_200000 (resized).jpg
    This is how tight it fits under a standard without extra spacing with those extra leg protectors. I always put a 2x4 across at the front and back of the cart to lift the pin from the sides rather than the bottom. This makes the platform spaced down a bit too so that the platform will not rub against the legs.
    20180129_195844 (resized).jpg20180129_195844 (resized).jpg

Thanks for pointing it out that it might work with the handle just turned around. It did!

1 week later
    #441 6 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

Well, it's my turn to post the finished mod. I went a bit more fancy and ended up with this contraption. I tried a few different mounting and clamping methods but ended up with the following items. I tried a rubber washer between the two end joints to keep them from slipping but that wasn't so great as the rubber was too slick. I am going to try a serrated washer but even without they hold more than good enough to use the handle in any position. I thought about cutting some grooves in the eye ends to make a sort of offset locking cam like the flag pole options posted prior but I thought I'd try the washer first or just forgo it altogether as they work well enough. On top of this it is all available on Amazon prime so you can return it if they don't work for any reason. The cam levers were only available in qty (1) for each length of stud so I got two different lengths, trying to get a good price as well.
    Cam Lever
    amazon.com link »
    Knurled tapped nut (has a dowel pin hole if you want)
    amazon.com link »
    1" Bimini top end eye
    amazon.com link »
    I just cut the tubes at the appropriate place and screwed it all together. No welding, no custom parts, no grinding. It's about $22 per side but I think it will make the cart very versatile.

I tried to re-create your mod yesterday, and I thought I was missing part. I think I see it now. Would you please confirm that you cut off ~2" of the tubing from the handle to attach between the lift table base and the lower eyes? I don't think I have anything that will cut through the tubing. I may see if I can find two small segments at Home Depot, etc?

1 week later
    #442 6 years ago

The post by P2K inspired me to pick up a cart, modify it and make a video for the channel I'm part of (Pinball Mayhem)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mayhem-youtube-channel-thread/page/2#post-4233543

Thanks p2k the cart works great!

Jeremy
    Pinball Mayhem

1 month later
    #443 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

My lift table consists of me on all fours under the machine, lifting it, then crawling where it needs to go as my wife steers the machine.
    Man I wish I was kidding.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does it this way, but no one is there to steer me. Not after today 4-1-2018 . No joke. Got 25% off coupon

#444 5 years ago

Where’s the coupon?

#446 5 years ago

Happy Easter everyone!!!Peace!!!!

1 month later
    #447 5 years ago

FWIW, the 500lb lift table had no issues whatsoever jacking up the JJ Hobbit machine to put the legs on and afterwards wheeling this machine into position. I own a STTNG that I I thought was the heaviest machine out there, but I believe The Hobbit now has that crown...what a beast!

#448 5 years ago

I went with the over kill 1000 lbs lift. Yes it a tight fit on some pins but it works just find. Heck I used it to help put riding mower in back of truck. Wished I had taken a picture. Next time

#449 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does it this way, but no one is there to steer me. Not after today 4-1-2018 . No joke. Got 25% off coupon

Yes those 25% off coupons are in the sale books I get in the mail if you sign up along with a 20% off also. You can use the FREE coupon along with that for a freebie as I have. Cashier was so nice she didn't take my coupon and just left it in the sales booklet for another sale if I wanted.

Got the newest one on my desk right now!

#450 5 years ago

http://www.hfqpdb.com/

If ye need any HF coupons - even ones not in the current sales flyer check this site. Better then waiting for the next batch!

Also all the free items, all the time in the coupon list. I can never have enough magnetic dishes and tool holders.

There are 1,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table/page/9?hl=adams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.