Topic Stats

• 1,219 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Ballderdash
  • Topic is favorited by 413 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1778 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1271 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1270 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1269 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7624 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6652 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3836 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3839 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3840 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3834 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3835 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3833 (resized).jpeg
    PDC04705.JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 25.
    #301 8 years ago

I think I bought the wrong one. It was the 1 ton lift weighing 78 KGS which is about 170lbs. Works great but definately is not portable.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#302 8 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I think I bought the wrong one. It was the 1 ton lift weighing 78 KGS which is about 170lbs. Works great but definately is not portable.

image_(resized).jpg

Do you mean the 1000lb cart? 2000lbs is 1 ton.

The 500lb capacity lift cart weighs about 100lbs--it's much more manageable.

#303 8 years ago

Oops, my mistake. 1000lb lift

#304 8 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

image_(resized).jpg

They are nice carts but very heavy, I think they lift higher too, was checking them out the other day, you wouldn't want to have to throw it in the back of a truck without some help.

#305 8 years ago

My F350 truck has a pretty high bed so I had to find a lift that went up higher than most. I ended up with this one from Northern Tool and love it. It feels much higher quality than the harbor freight ones and it lifts 50 inches high! Yes it's twice the price but my back is worth it.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200631992_200631992

44499_1_700x700_(resized).jpg44499_1_700x700_(resized).jpg

#306 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

My F350 truck has a pretty high bed so I had to find a lift that went up higher than most. I ended up with this one from Northern Tool and love it. It feels much higher quality than the harbor freight ones and it lifts 50 inches high! Yes it's twice the price but my back is worth it.

44499_1_700x700_(resized).jpg

Nice find. Looks like it weights 133lbs, so it's still somewhat manageable to handle.

It does look a little ridiculous going up that high, though

#307 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

It feels much higher quality than the harbor freight ones and it lifts 50 inches high!

Wow, that's really high up when it tips over!!!!

That thing needs outriggers, lol.

#308 8 years ago

All you really have to do is put STEEL hinges where the handle meets the cart,and just bolt them together with case hardened bolts,use the holes already there,and the handle moves ,not rocket science!

#309 8 years ago

What kind of a drill bit do I need to get through the 45 deg elbow and the handle bar so I can put a bolt in place when I want the handle attached and can remove easily when I want the handle off for transport?image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#310 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What kind of a drill bit do I need to get through the 45 deg elbow and the handle bar so I can put a bolt in place when I want the handle attached and can remove easily when I want the handle off for transport?image_(resized).jpeg

Hey I recognize that foot ... it's mine.

I just used a drill bit equal the the diameter of the bolt I was using. Rough guess is 3/8" ... maybe 5/16".

#311 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

I ended up with this one from Northern Tool and love it. It feels much higher quality than the harbor freight ones and it lifts 50 inches high! Yes it's twice the price but my back is worth it.

I now have lift envy.

Honestly though ... it looks to be the same lift, but with an extra segment in the scissor mech. I'm pretty happy with the quality of the HF lift actually.

#312 8 years ago

Anyone have a recommendation on replacement wheels that are just a little bigger/cushier than the stock HF wheels? I transport my pins around the back of my house across patio block and things are a bit bouncy as is.

#313 8 years ago

I just bought one. At $164.00 what a deal!
    I just cut the handle off and welded on at 45degree angle.
    Works great.
    E.

#314 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Hey I recognize that foot ... it's mine.
    I just used a drill bit equal the the diameter of the bolt I was using. Rough guess is 3/8" ... maybe 5/16".

Yep stolen from your posts. Thanks again for the help

#315 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

I guess you don't have any problems putting legs on with that stand, the "cherry picker" pinball lift.

1 week later
    #316 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I just bought one. At $164.00 what a deal!
    I just cut the handle off and welded on at 45degree angle.
    Works great.
    E.

This is exactly what I did, took me about 30 minutes

#317 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

d0n - Did you have to modify it in any way? Or was it ready to move pins right outta the box?

#318 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

lifts 50 inches high!

Yikes! I have the HF unit... and THAT feels tippy.

faz

1 week later
    #319 8 years ago

Got a 20% off coupon in mail from Harbor Freight which got me 34 bucks off this table:

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-61405.html

Coupon code is: 23507454
    Valid through 6/26/16

#320 8 years ago

The 20% off coupon is pretty easy to find online if they don't mail you them anymore (like me lol) and I actually just found out that if you can get one of harborfreight's coupons on your phone they can scan it or just punch in the numbers. I printed one out but lost it when I got to the store. I took a chance and pulled it up on my phone and they took it no problem.

#321 8 years ago

A couple slight differences on SKU models.....FYI when ordering..... NT>

SKU 61405
    -------------------
    Brand Pittsburgh Automotive
    Caster material Polyurethane
    Material Steel
    Platform length (in.) 27-3/4 in.
    Platform width (in.) 17-11/16 in.======
    Caster size (in.) 4 in.
    Maximum Lift Height (in.) 28-1/2 in.======
    Minimum height (in.) 9-1/4 in.========
    Product Height 36-1/4 in.=======
    Product Length 36 in.========
    Product Weight 89 lb.
    Product Width 17-3/4 in.=======
    Shipping Weight 95.80 lb.=========

SKU 60730
    ------------------------------------
    Brand Pittsburgh Automotive
    Platform length (in.) 27-3/4 in.
    Platform width (in.) 17-5/8 in.
    Caster size (in.) 4 in.
    Maximum Lift Height (in.) 27-1/2 in.
    Minimum height (in.) 8-1/8 in.
    Product Height 28-7/8 in.
    Product Length 30-1/2 in.
    Product Width 17-5/8 in.
    Shipping Weight 90.80 lb.

3 weeks later
    #322 8 years ago

I just got me one of these. They're having a killer sale right now plus I think the cashier used a 25% coupon she had under the counter. Total was $145.51.

#323 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I just got me one of these. They're having a killer sale right now plus I think the cashier used a 25% coupon she had under the counter. Total was $145.51.

Did you get the 1,000 lb one? I thought the 500 lb one was reg $150?

#325 8 years ago

Right on. I guess I got lucky then. Great buy. Such a lifesaver. Turns so many two man jobs into one.

#326 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right on. I guess I got lucky then. Great buy. Such a lifesaver. Turns so many two man jobs into one.

I'm gonna need it for tomorrow.

#327 8 years ago

25% off for Easter

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

1 week later
    #328 8 years ago

My HF lift table no longer smoothly goes down. I have to press the release handle every 2 or so seconds so it incrementally lowers 1/2" at a time. Anyone else has this problem? Any fix? The cable it ok and pressing the release at the cylinder does not help.

#329 8 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

My HF lift table no longer smoothly goes down. I have to press the release handle every 2 or so seconds so it incrementally lowers 1/2" at a time. Anyone else has this problem? Any fix? The cable it ok and pressing the release at the cylinder does not help.

Mine was like this out of the box. It never bothered me, I figured that's just the way it worked.

#330 8 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

Mine was like this out of the box. It never bothered me, I figured that's just the way it worked.

It's suppposed to go down slowly (maybe), but smoothly. And when there is no load, it goes down fast.

#331 8 years ago

Picked one up just for working in legs. So far so good. Will need to do handle mod but so many to choose from.

#332 8 years ago

My lift table will no longer raise. I used it four times and then it was set aside for a few months. Now, it will not raise at all. There is no resistance when pushing down the jack lever. Any suggestions or anyone else have this issue?

#333 8 years ago
    Quoted from murdock:

My lift table will no longer raise. I used it four times and then it was set aside for a few months. Now, it will not raise at all. There is no resistance when pushing down the jack lever. Any suggestions or anyone else have this issue?

Yes. Need to bleed the cylinder.

http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/61000-61999/61405.PDF - link is broken

Here is a similar lift table:
    http://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/44497.pdf

My table lever would offer ZERO resistance to raise as instructed below. I did find if I manually lifted the table, it would stop at a mid-height position. Then, with a load added to the table, I was able to pump to full height and bleed as noted below. Now lifts 100%.

From the manual:

REMOVING AIR FROM THE PUMP
    If the Lift Table is not performing properly, you may need to bleed the air from the system. There are two
    possible scenarios:

(1) The pump is a closed system; after some period of usage, the air would enter into the oil gradually, it
    would affect the performance of the lift table. Follow these steps to bleed the air from the oil.

a) Remove any load from the Table.
    b) Release the Control Lever, and then repeatedly pump the Foot Pedal to raise the table to its highest
    position.
    c) Squeeze the Control Lever while pumping the Foot Pedal several times rapidly to lower the lift table,
    this should remove the air out of the hydraulic oil.

(2) Changing the hydraulic oil (done every twelve months) can put air into the system. Follow these steps to
    change the hydraulic oil:

a) Slightly raise the lift table, tip over Table cart.
    b) Carefully remove the rubber fluid plug and drain the used oil from the pump. Then turn the lift table
    on its side and fill with hydraulic oil (120 ml max.).
    c) Replace the rubber fluid plug (4a) by firmly pressing it into the fluid hole.
    d) Raise the table to its highest position; squeeze the control lever to lower the table.
    e) Wedge a screw driver or other flat device between the plug and the housing; a “hiss” sound means
    the air is bleeding from the hydraulic system.

#334 8 years ago

Thank you so much!

#335 8 years ago

I've had mine a couple years and it still works great. I took it and raised it under the bumper of my truck and stood on it until it bent, no welding or cutting needed!

1459804944209-2013541410_(resized).jpg1459804944209-2013541410_(resized).jpg

#336 8 years ago
    Quoted from mattbot:

I've had mine a couple years and it still works great. I took it and raised it under the bumper of my truck and stood on it until it bent, no welding or cutting needed!

1459804944209-2013541410_(resized).jpg

I need to do that

bender-smoking_(resized).jpgbender-smoking_(resized).jpg

#337 8 years ago
    Quoted from mattbot:

1459804944209-2013541410_(resized).jpg

Knight Rider!?

#338 8 years ago

I re-themed a beat firepower 2. Came out pretty decent.

1 week later
    #339 8 years ago

I am still trying to figure out why my table goes down fine with no load but not under load.
    Does anyone know if the release valve is meant to release less hydraulic fluid under load?
    I'm thinking that if it's the case maybe the problem is there. Chances are I'll be monkeying with the release valve soon.

3 weeks later
    #340 7 years ago

When it's not serving my pinball hobby...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#341 7 years ago

Since I want to buy a pinball mover but don't want to start a new thread, which one of these is better? I want the easiest to use that will get my machine high enough for easy unboxing in the future or for future moves.

ebay.com link: Pinball Machine Lift and Moving Dolly Cart

ebay.com link: HEAVY DUTY PINBALL LIFT DOLLY CART MADE IN THE U S A

#342 7 years ago

http://www.pinballlifter.com/

lift and tilt is the way to go if you dont have help or if you have back problems.

#343 7 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Since I want to buy a pinball mover but don't want to start a new thread, which one of these is better? I want the easiest to use that will get my machine high enough for easy unboxing in the future or for future moves.
    ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Lift And Moving Dolly Cart
    ebay.com link » Heavy Duty Pinball Lift Dolly Cart Made In The U S A

Those both look like the same lift, just different prices

#344 7 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Neither of those will really help you for unboxing. The coffin dollies like that work for moving games around on legs and (sometimes) for moving games in/out of a truck/van bed, but are more trouble than its worth to set games up or break them down from ground level. Because they can't get a game LOW to get on or off.

You want a lift table or pinlift setup to get games low enough to tilt them on or off from ground level.

#345 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What kind of a drill bit do I need to get through the 45 deg elbow and the handle bar so I can put a bolt in place when I want the handle attached and can remove easily when I want the handle off for transport?

This is what I did with mine. Instead of a bolt I have a couple quick release pins so I can yank them out quickly, but they won't fall out.

#346 7 years ago

bought one of these a few years ago but never got around to modifying it. Simpy just unscrewed the handle and lay it to the side when I use it.

Anyone looking for one in northern IL area? We're moving out of state so I figure if someone wants it for $100 or so, I'll sell it. otherwise, I'll just have the movers take it with.

#347 7 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

These dollies listed on Ebay are the same lift based on specifications.
    They are the not the same level of "heavy duty" as original WICO dollies, based on cased framed construction.
    WICO dollies last forever, and were the industry standard for decades.

To understand, there are various types of "lift" mechanisms used on pinball machines.
    Dolleys, lifts, tables all have similar functionality, but not necessarily designed optimally for pinball use or at least not without modification.

The "Pinball Lifter" is a much cheaper version using a Sears motorcycle jack, generally modified with a wood slat frame for additional height.
    http://www.sears.com/craftsman-motorcycle-atv-jack/p-00950190000P
    They generally have a good warranty.

Here is another serious dolley, that outperforms WICO and the HFLT.
    It is called the "Yellow Jacket" as is an EXCELLENT lift mechanism and ratio of weight.
    http://www.pinballmedic.net/yellow_jacket_pinball_dolly.html

Many collectors just build their own.
    http://www.biltronix.com/pinball_dolly.html
    Its cheap, and easy to construct.
    The only reasonable objection is bulk, not weight.

If you want to be "really cheapo", you could just buy a hydraulic car jack, but I don't recommend that direction.
    About the only advantage is portability, but you cannot move machines with that device properly.

You do not aggravate back problems, if you use any pinball dolly/pinball lifter/lifting table correctly.
    I have back problems from combat, and do not have issues with my WICO which I have used for nearly 30 years.

If a new collector owns more than half a dozen machines, a dolley is not an optional pinball accessory.

#348 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

These dollies listed on Ebay are the same lift based on specifications.
    They are the not the same level of "heavy duty" as original WICO dollies, based on cased framed construction.
    WICO dollies last forever, and were the industry standard for decades.
    To understand, there are various types of "lift" mechanisms used on pinball machines.
    Dolleys, lifts, tables all have similar functionality, but not necessarily designed optimally for pinball use or at least not without modification.
    The "Pinball Lifter" is a much cheaper version using a Sears motorcycle jack, generally modified with a wood slat frame for additional height.
    http://www.sears.com/craftsman-motorcycle-atv-jack/p-00950190000P
    They generally have a good warranty.
    Here is another serious dolley, that outperforms WICO and the HFLT.
    It is called the "Yellow Jacket" as is an EXCELLENT lift mechanism and ratio of weight.
    http://www.pinballmedic.net/yellow_jacket_pinball_dolly.html
    Many collectors just build their own.
    http://www.biltronix.com/pinball_dolly.html
    Its cheap, and easy to construct.
    The only reasonable objection is bulk, not weight.
    If you want to be "really cheapo", you could just buy a hydraulic car jack, but I don't recommend that direction.
    About the only advantage is portability, but you cannot move machines with that device properly.
    You do not aggravate back problems, if you use any pinball dolly/pinball lifter/lifting table correctly.
    I have back problems from combat, and do not have issues with my WICO which I have used for nearly 30 years.
    If a new collector owns more than half a dozen machines, a dolley is not an optional pinball accessory.

Unfortunately WICO and Penguin and Yellow Jacket are NLA.

There have been some awesome lift and tilt solutions custom ordered and built by Bally/Williams back in the day, but they are difficult to find these days

So....

http://www.pinballlifter.com/

Since they have a lift and tilt.

Not the most stable solution I have seen but on level ground, and with care, it seems to work extremely well.

1 month later
    #349 7 years ago

$60 if anyone wants one in northern IL

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36000

apologize if its out of line to post a link to a marketplace ad, but figured it was relevant to the thread.

#350 7 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

$60 if anyone wants one in northern IL
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36000
    apologize if its out of line to post a link to a marketplace ad, but figured it was relevant to the thread.

That's a heck of a deal for someone in your area. I'm sure someone will snap it up!

There are 1,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.