Topic Stats

• 1,219 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Ballderdash
  • Topic is favorited by 413 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1778 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1271 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1270 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1269 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7624 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6652 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3836 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3839 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3840 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3834 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3835 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3833 (resized).jpeg
    PDC04705.JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.
    #701 4 years ago

I vote skipping the Allen key and go with self drilling lath screws.

#702 4 years ago

I picked up four grade 8 M6 SHCS as well as nuts and lock washers.

I decided on a 4.0" cut on the handle and drilled through one side of the handle to allow for the M6 screws / bolts to lock handle shafts into bimini caps.

modded handle (resized).jpgmodded handle (resized).jpg
    #703 4 years ago

Just purchased the 1000# model today.

FYI you do NOT need to modify the cart to lift and move a pin. It will move it easily even with the head in the upright position, and I did not have to bend or modify the handle.

I even moved it back and forth with force to see if it would tip over the balance point, and it didn't even come close to falling off. And if the head is down, it is even more balanced because of the weight distribution.

My opinion... these pins are worth $$$$ thousands, don't shy away from spending $100 more to move them easier and safer.

IMG_20200130_194517 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_194517 (resized).jpg
    #704 4 years ago

1000 lbs lift is what I went with too. Purchased 1-1/2 or 2 years ago. Not having to modify handle was a plus.

#705 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

FYI you do NOT need to modify the cart to lift and move a pin. It will move it easily even with the head in the upright position, and I did not have to bend or modify the handle.
    I even moved it back and forth with force to see if it would tip over the balance point, and it didn't even come close to falling off. And if the head is down, it is even more balanced because of the weight distribution.
    My opinion... these pins are worth $$$$ thousands, don't shy away from spending $100 more to move them easier and safer.[quoted image]

Eek. Having that weight distributed like that, looks scary to me.

#706 4 years ago

I have had the lift for about 4 years now.
    I am getting so old that lifting the cart into the truck is a killer.
    Does HF make a lift to lift the lift?

#707 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

I have had the lift for about 4 years now.
    I am getting so old that lifting the cart into the truck is a killer.
    Does HF make a lift to lift the lift?

Yes and here it is.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/pickup-truck-bed-crane-1000-lb-capacity-61522.html

61522_W3 (resized).jpg61522_W3 (resized).jpg
    #708 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

My opinion... these pins are worth $$$$ thousands, don't shy away from spending $100 more to move them easier and safer.[quoted image]

That's cute. Now try it with a STTNG.

#709 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I would agree with this. I bought a similar product from Apollolift, after using a smaller harbor freight one for over a decade. and it's much improved and can move games without any mods. The only issue is the very rare game where the platform (19.7 inches) is too wide to fit between front legs - the only era game so far has been system 80 games like Alien Star and I can easily use my old cart to move that one.

This is a big, strong, heavy and well built lift cart I'm very happy with it. Amazing to be able to lift a game completely off the ground by a good 8 or 9 inches, easy to avoid cables, cords, and surge protectors under the games.

Biggest drawback is that at 180 pounds or whatever I will never use this on a delivery or any other kind of out of shop job unless I have a truck with a lift gate. My old one probably weighs 70 pounds or so and while it's unpleasant to lift into a van it's not impossible. Also don't love the plastic grip lever vs. the metal one on my old cart but all the brands seem to cheap out on that now. Time will tell if it holds up over the years. There's also a 1000lb model (this one is 660) for an extra 20 bucks but didn't see the need for that.

https://www.amazon.com/Apollolift-Scissor-Hydraulic-Capacity-Lifting/dp/B07V3CX3TG/ref=pd_sbs_328_7
    D8058232-4074-4D49-9C4C-3B77CDFA34B0 (resized).jpegD8058232-4074-4D49-9C4C-3B77CDFA34B0 (resized).jpegEA27D5E1-E25E-41F1-8165-9CA04AF9BF33 (resized).jpegEA27D5E1-E25E-41F1-8165-9CA04AF9BF33 (resized).jpegEB2C0C51-FA00-4CB5-B91E-FD2B8C52A7AE (resized).jpegEB2C0C51-FA00-4CB5-B91E-FD2B8C52A7AE (resized).jpeg

#710 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would agree with this. I bought a similar product from Apollolift, after using a smaller harbor freight one for over a decade. and it's much improved and can move games without any mods. The only issue is the very rare game where the platform (19.7 inches) is too wide to fit between front legs - the only era game so far has been system 80 games like Alien Star.
    This is a big, strong, heavy and well built lift cart I'm very happy with it. Amazing to be able to lift a game completely off the ground by a good 8 or 9 inches, easy to avoid cables, cords, and surge protectors under the games.
    amazon.com link »

That looks pretty solid. I'd say for an operator or a large collection, definitely worth it!

The Harbor Freight stuff seems more budget conscious, small collection oriented.

#711 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

That looks pretty solid. I'd say for an operator or a large collection, definitely worth it!
    The Harbor Freight stuff seems more budget conscious, small collection oriented.

Yep. But the super cheap old orange one I had served me well for over a decade but finally started falling apart, the wheels in particular. That thing was about 100 bucks back then.

I was a little scared off of the new Harbor Freight stuff as a lot of bad reviews saying it leaks hydraulic fluid. Anybody had those issues here?

#712 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep. But the super cheap old orange one I had served me well for over a decade but finally started falling apart, the wheels in particular. That thing was about 100 bucks back then.
    I was a little scared off of the new Harbor Freight stuff as a lot of bad reviews saying it leaks hydraulic fluid. Anybody had those issues here?

I got mine a little over a year ago and it has been great. It is only the 500lb version.

#713 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've had mine for over 2 yrs and it hasn't leaked yet but in reality I've only used it twice.

#714 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Eek. Having that weight distributed like that, looks scary to me.

It's really not. The slightest amount of pressure on the lockdown bar will secure a game and remove any worries of it toppling over.

Man I just love me some hydraulic lift carts!!! Way preferable to the giant scary old school clanky coffin pinball lifts. Love the ease and smoothness, and the ability to raise to whatever height I want. Works nice as a workbench too, I do my board work on 'em.

Finally some people who get me!! I was sending friends pics of this gorgeous new big yella cart and received nothing! My girl gets it at least. "Wow...that's one big lift cart!"

#715 4 years ago

I don't want to derail the lift cart thread, but this is related - so I'd thought I'd toss it out there anyways for feedback.

Along w/the lift cart, I have the appliance dolly from HF. But this one caught my attention since I have the pins in the basement. Might be easier than the appliance dolly on the steps. Not a bad price. Of course , need to add straps. Anyone try one of these?

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200737655_200737655
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#716 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I don't want to derail the lift cart thread, but this is related - so I'd thought I'd toss it out there anyways for feedback.
    Along w/the lift cart, I have the appliance dolly from HF. But this one caught my attention since I have the pins in the basement. Might be easier than the appliance dolly on the steps. Not a bad price. Of course , need to add straps. Anyone try one of these?
    [quoted image]

I believe personally that anybody who is going to be moving a lot of pins - ESPECIALLY when there are stairs involved - can't get away with something this cheap. You really need a heavy duty appliance dolly with a built in ratchet strap (again, the ratchet is way better than the cheap one you just turn to tighten) and stair treads. Quality ones start out around $250. Again, I wouldn't cheap out, I've seen ones that LOOK right for around $100 but axles bend, stair treads fall apart...they just don't do the job. Buy the right one, you'll have it forever. I've currently had mine for well over 15 years and literally hundreds of moves and thousands of stairs, except for plenty of scrapes and bruises it still works good as new.

Something like this (just the first thing that came up), which reminds me of the made in USA Sandhill dolly I bought 15 years back. You can't compare real slipping stair treads with a metal bar or whatever the cheaper hand trucks have to handle stairs:

https://www.handtrucksrus.com/product-details.aspx?id=103&cx=mil

#717 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I believe personally that anybody who is going to be moving a lot of pins - ESPECIALLY when there are stairs involved - can't get away with something this cheap. You really need a heavy duty appliance dolly with a built in ratchet strap (again, the ratchet is way better than the cheap one you just turn to tighten) and stair treads. Quality ones start out around $250. Again, I wouldn't cheap out, I've seen ones that LOOK right for around $100 but axles bend, stair treads fall apart...they just don't do the job. Buy the right one, you'll have it forever. I've currently had mine for well over 15 years and literally hundreds of moves and thousands of stairs, except for plenty of scrapes and bruises it still works good as new.
    Something like this (just the first thing that came up), which reminds me of the made in USA Sandhill dolly I bought 15 years back. You can't compare real slipping stair treads with a metal bar or whatever the cheaper hand trucks have to handle stairs:

Don't disagree Levi. Was just googling an alternative to Escalera.

Let me rephrase the question better for the thread - would the 3 wheels (on a high quality dolly ) make it easier on the steps?

What I would really like to find is an Escalara for rent, none around here tho.

Sorry for the thread derail guys.

#718 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Don't disagree Levi. Was just googling an alternative to Escalera.
    Let me rephrase the question better for the thread - would the 3 wheels (on a high quality dolly ) make it easier on the steps?
    What I would really like to find is an Escalara for rent, none around here tho.
    Sorry for the thread derail guys.

I don't like the looks of those things!!! But I'd have to see it in action.

Like...how are three wheels gonna help me get a game down or up the stairs, safely and under control?

I wouldn't call it a thread derail this is all the same shit.

#719 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't like the looks of those things!!! But I'd have to see it in action.
    Like...how are three wheels gonna help me get a game down or up the stairs, safely and under control?

Even with the appliance dolly, the guy on the bottom can still get a serious workout going up the steps. I don't think it's a matter of safe control since it's still a two person operation, it's more of how to make it easier. When the guy on the bottom lifts (and I pull as much as can from the topside), it's usually at a bit of an angle just because they're turned slightly to the side to put more muscle in it. Experienced that with a JD recently. Stern's aren't much of an issue, but some of the older pins are more beefier. And apparently some of the JJP's are a bear too.

#720 4 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

That's cute. Now try it with a STTNG.

I don't have a STTNG, but I do have the DM widebody heavy as fck.

Rolled so easy I took it for a walk around the block. My neighbors now know I am psycho for certain.

IMG_20200131_163519 (resized).jpgIMG_20200131_163519 (resized).jpg
    #721 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My biggest issue, well....other than cheaping out, finding wheels deflate, and then discovering that appliance wheels are too small for higher porch steps.

Two dollies in, and I found this one, which worked pretty well.

https://www.harborfreight.com/800-lb-capacity-heavy-duty-hand-truck-64815.html

Though....JJP pins were still beastly to move up stairs. This hand truck at least didn't crumble upon use.

If I could find one that was rock solid, I'd keep it for life, as you say, but unfortunately so many of these units are junk. I've spent way more time watching mover reviews on YouTube, than I'd like to have, and still no ideal solution for me...

Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't have a STTNG, but I do have the DM widebody heavy as fck.
    Rolled so easy I took it for a walk around the block. My neighbors now know I am psycho for certain.[quoted image]

Did you, seriously???

#722 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]

Really depends on the stairs but I used one of these on standard wood stair treads and it was scary to say the least. Pulling it up or down you have to remember by design the support wheels are always rotating down to the next step so you need to be All In to go the full trip down without stopping. Vs a traditional 2 wheel dolly that lets you stop as needed and simply balance the load against the step. Not for me personally. Long ago I bought a large pneumatic wheel dolly made of a composite strong nylon that has served me well for 20 years. Super strong yet only ways 40 ish pounds. The big wheels make stairs or outdoor terrain a breeze.

Similar:
    https://www.amazon.com/Harper-Trucks-PGLYSK19BLK-Nylon-Truck/dp/B00272MFHK/ref=sr_1_36

#723 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Really depends on the stairs but I used one of these on standard wood stair treads and it was scary to say the least. Pulling it up or down you have to remember by design the support wheels are always rotating down to the next step so you need to be All In to go the full trip down without stopping. Vs a traditional 2 wheel dolly that lets you stop as needed and simply balance the load against the step. Not for me personally. Long ago I bought a large pneumatic wheel dolly made of a composite strong nylon that has served me well for 20 years. Super strong yet only ways 40 ish pounds. The big wheels make stairs or outdoor terrain a breeze.
    Similar:
    amazon.com link »

Thanks Yelo. Good comments. Looks like I'll stick with a my traditional dolly.

Back to the lift cart discussions!

#724 4 years ago

Agree with #crazyLevi. I have use my Harbor freight orange lift cart for over 15 years and never had an issue. Does become a chore when I have to carry the cart upstairs for an unpack but worth it for its use. All the customization on this page looks good just not totally necessary in my opinion. As I recall, I pulled mine out of the box took the handle off and used a simple 3/4” conduit bender to bend the end 6” of each bar to a 45 degree angle and installed it. Have used it to setup and move hundreds of games. Best. $100 I invested to date.

#725 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Agree with #crazyLevi. I have use my Harbor freight orange lift cart for over 15 years and never had an issue. Does become a chore when I have to carry the cart upstairs for an unpack but worth it for its use. All the customization on this page looks good just not totally necessary in my opinion. As I recall, I pulled mine out of the box took the handle off and used a simple 3/4” conduit bender to bend the end 6” of each bar to a 45 degree angle and installed it. Have used it to setup and move hundreds of games. Best. $100 I invested to date.

I modified mine with the bimini caps so I could fold the handle over for better storage under a machine. If I had a different space to keep it I would have toally went with the conduit bending method.

#726 4 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

I modified mine with the bimini caps so I could fold the handle over for better storage under a machine. If I had a different space to keep it I would have toally went with the conduit bending method.

If bent at a 45 degree the cart does roll and store under the game when not in use. Not as much fun with the lower handle to take the cart for a walk but I rarely take her for walks. Lol

1 week later
    #727 4 years ago

I picked the marine canopy route and it worked great except for the cable. Instead of cutting the handle, I bought an 1" aluminum tube and cut two 3-1/2" section to use between the canopies.

Before I buy a longer bike cable and sheath, is my understanding correct: if I use the available excess cable, this will not shorten the sheath and will just shorten the range of the handle to a small amount, which should be enough to release the table. But the cable will still be too short for the 45 deg. angle needed.

So, my options are: cut the handle, get a longer cable and sheath, or as someone did, just pull on the bare cable without a handle.

#728 4 years ago

JUST CUT THE HANDLE

#729 4 years ago

Yes, probably the easiest way. Hacksaw or ...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #730 4 years ago
    Quoted from redrock:

Yes, probably the easiest way. Hacksaw or ...[quoted image]

Pipe-cutter would be cleaner.

#731 4 years ago

Here's the fastest cleanest cutting method :

Quoted from thirdedition:

Pipe-cutter would be cleaner.

IMG_4584 (resized).JPGIMG_4584 (resized).JPGIMG_4585 (resized).JPGIMG_4585 (resized).JPGIMG_4586 (resized).JPGIMG_4586 (resized).JPG
    #732 4 years ago

The 1000# Harbor Freight lift table is on sale today and tomorrow for $209.99
    Has anyone got it for less?
    https://www.harborfreight.com

#733 4 years ago

It’s probably already discussed somewhere in the 700+ posts, but how high up can you guys get a game on the 500 lb lift? When lifting a game up all the way with the (28.5”) legs on, I could probably get the levelers about 6 inches off the ground. Is that about right or should it go way higher?

I had to lift my game slightly to get over the front door threshold from the porch, which was a slight bummer. Didn’t really want the overkill and price of the 1000 lb model at the time I got it .. now I wonder if I should swap (esp. since someone showed it lifting to truck bed height).

#734 4 years ago
    Quoted from LeChuck:

It’s probably already discussed somewhere in the 700+ posts, but how high up can you guys get a game on the 500 lb lift? When lifting a game up all the way with the (28.5”) legs on, I could probably get the levelers about 6 inches off the ground. Is that about right or should it go way higher?
    I had to lift my game slightly to get over the front door threshold from the porch, which was a slight bummer. Didn’t really want the overkill and price of the 1000 lb model at the time I got it .. now I wonder if I should swap (esp. since someone showed it lifting to truck bed height).

ACB3DE08-8CBD-49DD-B7B1-C3A26BA48FBA (resized).jpegACB3DE08-8CBD-49DD-B7B1-C3A26BA48FBA (resized).jpeg
    #736 4 years ago
    Quoted from LeChuck:

A couple of boards should get you there if needed. Don't have to go thru all the posts, just look at the picture at the top and go from there. Take a look at post 429, instance.

Added over 4 years ago:

Typo " for instance "

#737 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

A couple of boards should get you there if needed. Don't have to go thru all the posts, just look at the picture at the top and go from there. Take a look at post 429, instance.

Roger that. I saw a few photos like the one above, but couldn't tell if people were maxing them out or not. Good to know mine is working as expected.

PS - I hemmed and hawed about getting the 1000 lb model, but this deal was too good to pass up (open box return in brand new condition = 20% off, coupon for another $40 off = $103 total)

#738 4 years ago
    Quoted from LeChuck:

Roger that. I saw a few photos like the one above, but couldn't tell if people were maxing them out or not. Good to know mine is working as expected.
    PS - I hemmed and hawed about getting the 1000 lb model, but this deal was too good to pass up (open box return in brand new condition = 20% off, coupon for another $40 off = $103 total)

I think most comments about the 1000lb tablet is the weight and to a lesser extent, the clearance between the legs. Even the 500lb table is around 90 lbs!

Congrats, killer deal LeChuckl!

1 week later
    #739 4 years ago

So I’m getting to this post a little late. But I bought the same 500# cart At HF. now I need a mod to get it under my pin without the handle getting in the way. This is an old thread, but what would you guys say is the EASIEST mod for my cart. I am in NO WAY handy with tools whatsoever. Please give me the easiest option.

#740 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

So I’m getting to this post a little late. But I bought the same 500# cart At HF. now I need a mod to get it under my pin without the handle getting in the way. This is an old thread, but what would you guys say is the EASIEST mod for my cart. I am in NO WAY handy with tools whatsoever. Please give me the easiest option.

I have a key post (post #594) that explains it in detail. It's easy and effective.

#741 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

Easiest? Well that would probably be to keep the handle loose so you can remove it when you slide it under then once the pin is off the ground use the pin to move it around. However, I'd buy a 1" conduit bender from Home Depot (or wherever), use it to bend the handle 45-60 degrees towards the bottom so you can leave the handle firmly attached. When you're done, return the conduit bender... Anything else requires either welding or advanced knowledge of adhesives and fittings...

Jeff

#742 4 years ago

I like the Bimini mod. Would this Bimini caps from amazon be ok. As far as the ID On these go, it’s just under an inch. 25mm?

8C9F68BF-FB7A-4C14-BF80-41EE6EE8DC24 (resized).png8C9F68BF-FB7A-4C14-BF80-41EE6EE8DC24 (resized).png
    #743 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

I like the Bimini mod. Would this Bimini caps from amazon be ok. As far as the ID On these go, it’s just under an inch. 25mm?[quoted image]

I believe those should work

#744 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Bimini Cap Mod:
    After thoroughly reading this thread, it appears that the people have spoken; The Bimini Cap Mod is the top method for modifying these hydraulic lift carts to properly fit under and lift pinball machines. In addition...it is cheap, simple, and allows the cart to be folded up for easy storage. In short, if you are looking for the perfect modification for this cart (as the rest of of are) look no further, this is it.
    When going through the thread, however, I noticed that the Bimini Cap Mod seemed fairly easy, but there were a lot of unanswered questions scattered about. This is where I have stepped in.
    Below, I consolidated all Bimini Cap Mod info for anyone interested, down to materials, sizing, options, tools, pricing, and pictures to show it all in.
    Enjoy.
    First things first:
    Get the 500lb hydraulic lift cart at harbor freight tools. The 1000lb lift may be tempting, but it doesnt fit under many machines, it weighs a lot more, it cost more, and you really dont need to lift that much. It is overkill.
    The 500lb cart is currently 169.99
    Some harbor freights will accept 20% or even 25% super coupons on it...some won't. I certainly recommend trying it.
    Tools needed:
    Tape measure, hacksaw (you can use a circular saw or reciprocating saw, but a hacksaw is easier), sharpie marker, 9/16 wrench, 1/4 wrench, hex/allen tool set (these can be found at the dollar tree for just a buck!)
    4- Eye End Bimini Top Cap/ 1'' inner diameter/ Marine Stainless Steel (make sure these are 1 inch inner diameter)
    2 - 1/4"-20 Hex Bolt
    2 - 1/4"-20 Stop Nut
    4 - 1/4" flat washer
    4 - 1/4" flat washer nylon (make sure they are nylon, NOT RUBBER)
    I got the 4 bimini caps on ebay for 26 total. You can find them on amazon and some marine supply shops as well. Unfortunately...Home Depot and Lowe's don't seem to carry them (at least, not any near me...and I live on a Lake. You would think they would have more "marine" supplies).
    I got all the nuts, bolts, and washers for 2.08 at Lowe's. That means this mod is under 30 bucks. Im sure you could go cheaper...but go ahead and get good quality items. It is worth the 30 bucks.
    Measure and mark 3.5 inches from the bottom of the handles with a sharpie (1 cut per handle. Use a hacksaw. You could go as little as 3 inches...but after testing repeatedly...3.5 inches is truly the sweet spot for handle usage and fold-down storage.) Cut the pieces.
    Screw in bottom pieces (with the holes) with a 9/16 wrench.
    Set up the bimini caps in the following pattern (pictured below as well):
    Bolt, flat washer, nylon washer, bimini cap, nylon washer, bimini cap, washer, nut. Tighten with 1/4 wrench.
    Connect bimini cap elbow mod onto top and bottom using the allen wrench. Make sure to face both bimini elbow joints the same way (as pictured), so they will fit. I also recommend connecting both bolt/nut setups in the same direction.
    Enlarge pics below for more details.
    Easy.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How long are those 1/4-20 bolts supposed to be?

#745 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

How long are those 1/4-20 bolts supposed to be?

I believe they are 1 1/2 inches. Of course, they are so cheap, you get get a few options if you wanted. They just have to get all the way through the bar and have enough room for the bolt/nut.

#746 4 years ago

Frankly, I haven't bothered to mod mine yet. I completely rearranged my lineup with the handle in place. If it ever bugs me, I'll do the bimini mod unless I get lazy and just bend them.

#747 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Frankly, I haven't bothered to mod mine yet. I completely rearranged my lineup with the handle in place. If it ever bugs me, I'll do the bimini mod unless I get lazy and just bend them.

Same. Even though it's not in the spirit of this thread, I tried it with the handle as-is and it worked fine to move a game inside and across the house. I kept a hand on it over bumps, but it seemed pretty stable. If anything a strap or two around it would keep your hands freed up.

#748 4 years ago

Got all the required hardware from Home Depot today, except for the Bimini caps. Those are coming tomorrow from amazon. Excited to get this together. It really does look pretty simple to do. Even for someone like me!! I wish the front wheels of the cart turned as well. Makes it hard to move the machine side to side.

#749 4 years ago

Has anyone devised a "better" release mechanism than the bicycle brake type cable? It seems like the cable keeps stretching and getting out of adjustment. I have two of these carts with this same issue.

#750 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sheprd:

Has anyone devised a "better" release mechanism than the bicycle brake type cable? It seems like the cable keeps stretching and getting out of adjustment. I have two of these carts with this same issue.

Has anyone replaced the cable with a better version? HF isn't exactly known for quality products - maybe their cable is super cheap and it stretches?

There are 1,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table/page/15?hl=iamdrunker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.