Topic Stats

• 1,219 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Ballderdash
  • Topic is favorited by 413 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1778 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1271 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1270 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1269 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7624 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6652 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3836 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3839 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3840 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3834 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3835 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3833 (resized).jpeg
    PDC04705.JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.
    #451 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

http://www.hfqpdb.com/
    I can never have enough magnetic dishes and tool holders.

They do come in handy. And thanks for the link. Big sale this weekend, gotta start list now.

1 month later
    #452 5 years ago

Any idea what this cart is called or where to buy one like this?

Cart (resized).JPGCart (resized).JPG
    #453 5 years ago

Pump on mine went out. not sure if it leaked out or possibly the valve just might not be closing. bought a real pin lift.
    If someone wants to fix the HF lift, they can have it free Come and get it

Vancouver WA.

#454 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hagar55:

I think that might be a custom cart. I think I remember seeing it posted by someone a couple years ago.

#455 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hagar55:

I have a used one. They were popular to move games around for auction.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/22788

Still have it. LMK if interested.

#456 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hagar55:

I call it "Fred"

#457 5 years ago

i'm very surprised on how many people in this thread ask about the coupons. Sign up on the email mailing list, they send 20% discounts almost once a week. or just walk into the store and pick up a flyer with in 10 feet of door. its easy folks

#459 5 years ago

I'm really loving mine, not trying to spam the thread but here's a vid I made about 5 months ago. Using the techniques that P2K posted about last year.

Jeremy
    Pinball Mayhem

#460 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Pump on mine went out. not sure if it leaked out or possibly the valve just might not be closing. bought a real pin lift.
    If someone wants to fix the HF lift, they can have it free Come and get it
    Vancouver WA.

most likely a 25 cent O-ring. If left out in a garage that's not climate controlled. Cost me to much to travel 3000 miles oneway. Unless you sell me a couple pins and I'll set the price. Deal or no Deal.

1 week later
    #461 5 years ago

is there a cart that can raise the machine up high enough to get into a pickup bed easily? bed height...

#462 5 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

is there a cart that can raise the machine up high enough to get into a pickup bed easily? bed height...

I use the Harbour Freight 1000 lb. Lift by: Haul-Master®- Item#60438
    Lift your project up to 34-1/2 in. high and move up to half a ton with this table cart. It lifts higher than the 500 lb lift (27.5 inch) It can raise a little higher than my truck tailgate, that works out good when loading to truck. I got mine with 25% off coupon.

#463 5 years ago

Just keep in mind that the 500lb lift card weighs about 90lbs, and the 1000lb lift cart weighs about 160lbs.

#464 5 years ago

I saw someone with an extended scissor table that reached a bed but it was REALLY tippy looking.

Consider a solution with a wheel base that can take 200lb extended to that height without tipping over (and on ground that's not perfectly level).
    faz

#465 5 years ago

This is the 1000 lb lift. I drilled out stop pins and added removable pins. Now handle can away from cart to go under machine.

20180801_132034_HDR (resized).jpg20180801_132034_HDR (resized).jpg20180801_132059 (resized).jpg20180801_132059 (resized).jpg
    #466 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

I saw someone with an extended scissor table that reached a bed but it was REALLY tippy looking.
    Consider a solution with a wheel base that can take 200lb extended to that height without tipping over (and on ground that's not perfectly level).
    faz

Any lift (fork) or what have you doesn't carry load fully extended carry load as low as possible. Only extend after you have traveled to your destination.

#467 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

I use the Harbour Freight 1000 lb. Lift by: Haul-Master®- Item#60438
    Lift your project up to 34-1/2 in. high and move up to half a ton with this table cart. It lifts higher than the 500 lb lift (27.5 inch) It can raise a little higher than my truck tailgate, that works out good when loading to truck. I got mine with 25% off coupon.

isnt that one to wide to go between pinball legs? its like 20 inch. has to be 18 inch or so wide to fit between many pinball legs.
    also with a vertical handle how do you get the platform to slide under machine far enough? does it have to be modififed?

#468 5 years ago

isnt that one to wide to go between pinball legs? its like 20 inch. has to be 18 inch or so wide to fit between many pinball legs.
    also with a vertical handle how do you get the platform to slide under machine far enough? does it have to be modififed?

I'll post picture tomorrow under a EM and Newer Stern. Mine measured at 19.5 inches. And yes drill out a pin on each side of cart. That takes about 10 minutes tops. So handle can tilt back away from pin being lefted.

#469 5 years ago

It's a tight fit but works fine. If you turn the handle brakets around and re-insert the handle, it can go further under the machine and the handle can drop down as low as you want without modifying anything. Search for my previous post on it earlier in this thread.

#470 5 years ago

1000 lb lift. Here's 4 pictures. 1) Going under EM Target Alpha, close but makes it. 2) Pins out to move handle. 3) Under machine not sure were foot came from and 4) Stern game with 7/8" on both sides.

20180802_105307 (resized).jpg20180802_105307 (resized).jpg20180802_105345 (resized).jpg20180802_105345 (resized).jpg20180802_105358 (resized).jpg20180802_105358 (resized).jpg20180802_110130 (resized).jpg20180802_110130 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #471 5 years ago

Ongoing parking lot sale at my Harbor Freight this weekend.

The 500lbs table cart is on sale at $129.99 and the 20% coupon is applicable!

IMG_7213 (resized).JPGIMG_7213 (resized).JPG

#472 5 years ago

manples That's a great find! I picked one up because of it. Thank you!

#473 5 years ago

Where’d you find the 20% off coupon? I might grab one of these tomorrow.

Edit...noticed someone linked it earlier. Good through 8/31/18.

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from arzoo:

I decided to give the marine canopy parts a try. Final cost was $29. Not the cheapest solution but it only required two cuts and no drilling and it functions really well. I used a nylon washer between the joints and with the lock nuts tightened down, the handle will stay in an upright position. It seems really solid, but only time will tell how well the parts handle all the torque from pulling and steering the lifter under load.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is the way to go. Very easy to do. I use this lift table for moving tons of things, including the Pinball’s.

#475 5 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Where’d you find the 20% off coupon?

ALL the HF coupons all the time:
    http://www.hfqpdb.com/browse

#476 5 years ago
    Quoted from manples:

[quoted image]

Wish I saw this when it was live.

#477 5 years ago

Anyone use the lift on carpet? How does it roll?

#478 5 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

My carpet is fairly shaggy so not great, but well enough. Still way better than the alternative. If you have low pile/low shag it would be fine.

#479 5 years ago

I took a pin out of my house to my detached garage about 35 feet through grass and I was pleased. I have the 1000 lb lift not sure if wheels are different.

#480 5 years ago

yea I think they are different on the 1000 lb, a little wider it appears...

#481 5 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

I only used it once on thick padded carpet, I don't recall having any issues, but I do know I couldn't have set the machine up by myself without it. I used it for the initial unboxing to set the pin on the cart, put the legs on, and for positioning the machine into its final location.

DSC00194 (resized).JPGDSC00194 (resized).JPG
    #482 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I only used it once on thick padded carpet, I don't recall having any issues, but I do know I couldn't have set the machine up by myself without it. I used it for the initial unboxing to set the pin on the cart, put the legs on, and for positioning the machine into its final location.[quoted image]

Cart comes in handy when working by yourself. As discussed, legs, positioning ect ect.

#483 5 years ago

I use my lift on carpet all the time and i use it all the time for various other projects besides pinball...it’s honestly one of the best tools I’ve ever spent money on

#484 5 years ago
    Quoted from KongDonkey:

I use my lift on carpet all the time and i use it all the time for various other projects besides pinball...it’s honestly one of the best tools I’ve ever spent money on

I love that story

#485 5 years ago

I made up a couple of pivots for mine out of some extra 1" stock.

20180823_131025 (resized).jpg20180823_131025 (resized).jpg
    #486 5 years ago
    Quoted from manples:

[quoted image]

I pulled the trigger on one with this deal last weekend as well. I then ordered 2 sets of Bimini caps from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071ZXCC5Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Next I went to my local bike shop and got seat clamp levers:

57E0BF04-CF88-41BD-8CEE-C56315A2A7FC (resized).jpeg57E0BF04-CF88-41BD-8CEE-C56315A2A7FC (resized).jpeg

Using these tools I cut off the bottom 3-1/2” off of each leg of the handle, and here is the final product:

B8A55DC1-C12C-41B9-8311-801B6885DD14 (resized).jpegB8A55DC1-C12C-41B9-8311-801B6885DD14 (resized).jpeg

F485D300-C85A-4DEE-81A2-FE6A76044BBF (resized).jpegF485D300-C85A-4DEE-81A2-FE6A76044BBF (resized).jpeg

#487 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

I pulled the trigger on one with this deal last weekend as well. I then ordered 2 sets of Bimini caps from Amazon:
    amazon.com link »
    [quoted image]
    Using these tools I cut off the bottom 3-1/2” off of each leg of the handle, and here is the final product:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Thanks for this post. All of you guys are going to save my back. Picked one up today. Used 20% off coupon link in this thread and ordered the Bimini caps and seat lever clamps on Amazon. Big thank you to all!!!

Sinddy Black Bike Bicycle Quick Release Seatpost Seat Clamp Front Hub Skewer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YOB5OMK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1sAGBbJHJECKG

#488 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

amazon.com link »
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Your final product looks excellent!

Are you getting enough locking action with the clamp levers? Those caps look like they'd be fairly slick, even when clamped.

#489 5 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Your final product looks excellent!
    Are you getting enough locking action with the clamp levers? Those caps look like they'd be fairly slick, even when clamped.

It holds it in place, but can be moved. I'm going to run by the hardware store and pick up some rubber washers to help totally lock them in

#490 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

It holds it in place, but can be moved. I'm going to run by the hardware store and pick up some rubber washers to help totally lock them in

Yes, was gonna suggest adding rubber washers.

I may need to steal your idea; looks great.

1 week later
    #491 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement cable for this cart? Mine broke last night.

#492 5 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

Anyone know where I can get a replacement cable for this cart? Mine broke last night.

Bike shop maybe?

#493 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

amazon.com link »
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

How is the first bimini attached to the cart? I am looking to order the bimini caps and seat clamps off of Amazon, but wondering if I need any additional parts to mount the first bimini cap to the cart.
    Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 3.32.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-09-06 at 3.32.06 PM (resized).png

#494 5 years ago
    Quoted from AMBoggs:

Bike shop maybe?

Perfect. $5 and my cart is now fixed. Pinball show ends Sunday and I'll need this thing.

#495 5 years ago
    Quoted from pickleric:

How is the first bimini attached to the cart? I am looking to order the bimini caps and seat clamps off of Amazon, but wondering if I need any additional parts to mount the first bimini cap to the cart.
    [quoted image]

My guess is that is the 3 1/2" he cut off from the bottom of the handle with the pipe cutter. Cut off 3.5" and bolt that into the lift, then the cap, then the handle.

#496 5 years ago
    Quoted from FelixTCat:

My guess is that is the 3 1/2" he cut off from the bottom of the handle with the pipe cutter. Cut off 3.5" and bolt that into the lift, then the cap, then the handle.

That makes sense, thank you!

#497 5 years ago

I bought one last week and did the Bimini cap mod BUT I bought one pair of 3/4 inch Bimini caps which fit inside the holes on the base that the handle normally fits in. They are $13.99 for a pair at Amazon. The one inch Bimini caps fit onto the handle and then I used screws and nuts to join the two sets of Bimini caps together. No drilling or cutting the handle is needed this way. I did have to adjust the release cable to make it longer but there was extra wire sticking out of the joint under the table so that worked well. I did have to use screws to hold the 3/4 inch Bimini cap in the hole because it is slightly smaller than the hole.
    The link to the pair of 3/4 inch Bimini caps at Amazon is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072HJQTKW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

The one inch size at Amazon are also $13.99 for a pair and the link is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V4H3WG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

See pictures for how mine turned out.

Bimini 1 (resized).jpgBimini 1 (resized).jpgBimini2 (resized).jpgBimini2 (resized).jpg

#498 5 years ago
    Quoted from FelixTCat:

Pretty close...I used a saws-all to take care of this; in reality you don't need that clean of a cut as the swivels really don't care if the pipe cut is straight or not and there is no way to see how clean the cut is ... or isn't

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #499 5 years ago
    Quoted from FelixTCat:

You got it!!!

#500 5 years ago

FYI you can get bimini caps on ebay for cheaper then Amazon but it will take a while to ship since they'll come from China.

There are 1,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.