20150303_223036.jpg
IMG_8014_2.JPG
IMG_8058.JPG
IMG_8093.JPG
IMG_8059.JPG
IMG_8092.JPG
20150114_145115.jpg
20150217_150706.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

More pictures!
More pictures!
More Pictures!
More Pictures!
More Pictures!
faz

#8 8 years ago

I see the washers, but not the bearings. It looks like the standard rollers. Is this something different?

Someone a few years ago made rollers out of UHMW Plastic. I tried to get a set but the guy went dark on the forum.

If you end up creating some, I'm in! I should try doing this myself. I have a lathe and plastic cutting boards that can be sacrificed. However, there's that 'skill' thing I don't have for turning small parts.

More pics and vids!

btw... that's the coolest freaking test jig!!! An over-engineered wonder (like the MPF in the first place). Zofia Bil would be proud. I LOVE IT!!
faz

#22 8 years ago

That is SO sweet! Nice work.

Having tools AND skills.... what a combo! I have lots of tools....but alas, a fool with a tool is still a fool

What's the top of the MPF look like at the top of the stroke? Any wobble or did that new AWESOME bearing/washer combo fix that.

Thanks,
faz

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

What's the top of the MPF look like

WITH WEIGHT

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

How durable are the washers?
How durable are the ball bearing on the shaft of the cam?

Consider that mostly collectors / DW worshipers are going to be applying this fix.... it probably won't be seen on route. If it does find its way on route, the operator is a class act that want's the best for his machine. If it fails, he'll kick in a few dollars for a replacement for a great machine.

Make a call for "beta" users. We'll test it out and tell you what works / what does not work.

faz

#31 8 years ago

I think the bigger issue might be the modifications that you are making to the fasteners. I can't drill/thread the posts. This could be done as a service, but the shipping would probably make it an issue.

Is there anything you can do to make the e-clips survive? Super thin / high density washers, sheet material to coat the bracket... or a sleeve that goes over the existing posts that extends the reach.

faz

#40 8 years ago

There was a post a few (5-6) weeks ago of a unique design. I can't find the post.

The side brackets were replaced two rods about 1/2" diameter. Pully rollers (or something like that) traveled the length of the rod.

faz

#42 8 years ago

Loosen the screws holding the bracket on the main playfield and the MPF. Then push away from that corner; retighten. If that does not do it, the frame is bent and will need to be tweaked. A bar clamp is good for tweaking.

You can also elongate the holes. Is that an original MPF surface or the CPR repro?

faz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 110.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-doctor-who-mpf-elevator?tu=pinball_faz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.