(Topic ID: 80581)

Modified Cheap Hand Truck Makes Decent Pinball Dolly

By dozer1

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF4472.JPG
    DSCF4459.JPG
    DSCF4357.JPG
    image_20497.jpg
    DSCF4356.JPG
    DSCF4354.JPG
    DSCF4355.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

After only having my Taxi for about a week, I decided to get it shopped out. They are really a heavy pig and mine was in the basement. Myself and a very helpful forum member crassmage and his son got it down there, but up the steps was going to be a bigger challenge. I looked at Harbor Freight and found this big wheel hand truck. To me it seemed that the axle needed to go back a bit and stretched from the frame to be useful for pinball machines. It really worked well for climbing the steps. (Albeit a 2 man job anyway). That stretching the axle away from the frame trick had a hidden perk. It makes it nice to take the legs off and put them back on. The rig isn't perfect, but we would have never gotten Taxi out of the basement without it. By the way, I decided to go all out and get Gorgar shopped too. Both rigs are loaded in the van.

DSCF4355.JPGDSCF4355.JPG
    DSCF4354.JPGDSCF4354.JPG
    DSCF4356.JPGDSCF4356.JPG
    image_20497.jpgimage_20497.jpg

#2 10 years ago

That's pretty nice. Maybe you could toss one some smaller solid wheels where the old wheels went and make it a kick stand dolly.

#3 10 years ago

Your right, it is pretty close to that now. The way it was set up, the axle and wheels can be used in either place, so it can just be the handtruck as well.

#4 10 years ago

A one handle dolly for a 300lb machine? Not for me.

#5 10 years ago

Good observation, MustangPaul. I had actually made these 2 handles, which bolt on to where the front legs go. These were used when we moved Taxi and were definitely needed too! I forgot to post them as they were not needed to move the much lighter Gorgar. My initial thoughts were to weld extension handles on the hand truck, but I went this route to keep the integrity of the hand truck for other uses.

DSCF4357.JPGDSCF4357.JPG

3 months later
    #6 9 years ago

DSCF4459.JPGDSCF4459.JPG New addition to the game room today..bitchin ! How do you guys get these things up and down your steps? One under each arm?

DSCF4472.JPGDSCF4472.JPG
    #7 9 years ago

I use a large 2 handed rubber wheeled hand truck

My pins all go up and down to the 3rd floor of my house

For the guy at the top it is basically a dead lift, the guy on the bottom does some pushing,

Thinking of buying an escalara though, getting too old to take them up and down

Took 2 down and 1 up last Friday, back was a little sore afterwards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-cheap-hand-truck-makes-decent-pinball-dolly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.