(Topic ID: 271710)

ModFather Found. All good

By Multiballmaniac1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200920-113104 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200919-165259 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Here’s the thing, communication is key. Could totally turn every unhappy customer, never unhappy, by responding to emails within 24 hours. Otherwise just make it clear it’s a hobby, not a business, so there’s no business expectations.
    I’ve gotten some cool stuff from modfather, unique, and some not cool stuff (screw and wire hold through a toy with who knows what markup, kinda poorly painted beverage holder, etc.). That was just ignorance purchasing, and nothing I’d seek to complain about, just natural to bring up here now, for completeness.
    I’d really like to see install instructions as well, like every other modding company provides. I had to change where the wire was screwed into another toy, as there was just no way possible to mount as-was.
    So… communication (off all types) is key. Keep up the good and unique work, create instructions, answer all email daily with consistency and all gucci. My 42 cents.

I can't speak to all of the details of how ModFather operates, but a lack of response in 24 hours doesn't mean that someone isn't deeply concerned with getting to it and worried about their public relations.

From my brief interaction with Chuck, I believe he does genuinely care about people, and he was one of my inspirations toward getting into modding myself.

Pinball modding is a niche world within a niche world. It can be incredibly demanding, and not as easy to take on help for communications as a more significant business can (I certainly want to be the one to talk one-on-one with my supporters). I couldn't say how many sleepless nights I've had in a panic to get orders out at a promised time, and I've had backlogs/turnaround-times get up to 6 months before finally giving in to hiring help early this year (and I don't have the website/public appearance level ModFather has, so I can only imagine it's very hectic at times). I love modding, but it's not always without stress.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Well to be pedantic, CEO is typically reserved for C/S-corps of at least mid-size, not a small business I would expect a “mom and pop shop” to have the level of cs you experienced. Since they don’t have scale, that’s their ace for going with them.

There’s been a handful of reports of no response and I experienced that as well, no answer for a week. Is what it is and modfather reached out to me today for cs which was appreciated, but it is a buildable and simple habit to carve out X-time each day to just respond to all outstanding emails, or communicate you’re a one man shop and thus can get engrossed in a flurry of work and may take a while to respond, that’s all. Just communication.
    Not much more to discuss; that was my least 8 cents. Cheers!

Not looking to defend anything I know nothing about. I just thought the hobby vs. business remark was an odd thing to say in regard to not replying in 24 hours, unless you're certain of the circumstances.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modfather-mia-?tu=medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.