(Topic ID: 271710)

ModFather Found. All good

By Multiballmaniac1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200920-113104 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200919-165259 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

Anyone order from ModFather lately?

Put a order in last Friday. Not a peep.

#2 3 years ago

He's been up and about on Pinside recently, did you shoot him a PM? Or email him directly? IMO it's not unusual for a small hobby business to take a few days to respond to an order.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

He's been up and about on Pinside recently, did you shoot him a PM? Or email him directly? IMO it's not unusual for a small hobby business to take a few days to respond to an order.

I emailed him days ago.

#4 3 years ago

What happens with my website....is when you order a product, I receive the order. I then custom paint , chop , dice , and create whatever the product might be. If I have the parts in stock , then I can make it right away. If I don't (which is common ) , I order parts to make your mod. When it is ready to ship, an automatic Emailis sent with a tracking number with product info and shipping information. This is how my website works, I have no control over that. I try and respond to emails, some are missed. Best way to contact me anytime of the day is my number. ( 954) 529 -6399. I always pick up , and answer any questions. Delays from other parts distributors is the new norm now , which delays my customers as well. It is really the best I can do at the moment, so kids be patient, mods are on the way. Chuck ...Modfather Pinball

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

What happens with my website....is when you order a product, I receive the order. I then custom paint , chop , dice , and create whatever the product might be. If I have the parts in stock , then I can make it right away. If I don't (which is common ) , I order parts to make your mod. When it is ready to ship, an automatic Emailis sent with a tracking number with product info and shipping information. This is how my website works, I have no control over that. I try and respond to emails, some are missed. Best way to contact me anytime of the day is my number. ( 954) 529 -6399. I always pick up , and answer any questions. Delays from other parts distributors is the new norm now , which delays my customers as well. It is really the best I can do at the moment, so kids be patient, mods are on the way. Chuck ...Modfather Pinball

I did email and call. Thanks. I am just trying to get my mods for the best game I’ve ever owned!

#6 3 years ago

Jesus you're really making a big run on mod compl....er....mods

#7 3 years ago

No worries with the Modfather at all. Some of the best service in pinball.

#8 3 years ago

Chuck is a stand up guy
    Buy with confidence for sure!!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Chuck is a stand up guy

All good. Just hadn’t heard anything.

#10 3 years ago

Gotta get my positive vote in for Chuck too. I've bought lots of shooter rods from him over the years and he has always gone above and beyond to make sure that anything I get from him is 100%.

#11 3 years ago

Anytime I have called him he has always picked up the phone or called me back shortly after even though I didn't even leave a vm. Great guy!

#12 3 years ago

Chuck and wife are Awesome! Loved every product and they have never let us down. Just pimped out a GBLE with his amazing toys, love it!!

#13 3 years ago

Chuck, has been awesome, I've ordered many things from him over the years. Some he has done custom paint on.

#14 3 years ago

The Modfather rules!!!

#15 3 years ago

Thread title should be changed; big thumbs up to Chuck!

#16 3 years ago

We are impatient kids that want our toys now damn it! Chuck's da man and does excellent, non-rushed work. I spent a half hour on the phone going over 10 pincup's designs as I wanted tweaks to what he had on his site. We brainstormed and came up with some really cool stuff and they came out great!

+1 for changing the thread title. Chuck is great and these folks have other customers and things to do - they will all get back to us eventually. Relax

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #17 3 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

No worries with the Modfather at all. Some of the best service in pinball.

Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Chuck is a stand up guy

This IS Chuck!!

#18 3 years ago

Chuck is Good People

I have seen the amount of love and attention he gives each item Personally before it is hand packed and sent out.
    He really cares about what he sells... If ever an issue and you don’t love it he will always make it right.
    A+++++ for the Modfather!!

1 month later
    #19 3 years ago

I ordered a pin gulp and it was back ordered and I paid. I cannot get them to respond. Called and emaiked and no response. Any way to get a hold of them?

#20 3 years ago

His number is a few posts up.

Quoted from robey99:

I ordered a pin gulp and it was back ordered and I paid. I cannot get them to respond. Called and emaiked and no response. Any way to get a hold of them?

#21 3 years ago

I called him about a week ago and he answered. Patiently awaiting my JP shooter rod

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from robey99:

I just Texted him your post, he should respond soon!
    I know they just moved to a new home and have been dealing with all that

#23 3 years ago

I have had some delays recently. I moved from my old house to a new house. With tools being packed up , while the realtors change closing dates, it can get frustrating trying accommodate recent orders. All is well, we finally moved in last week and unpacking has been coming along. The transition is trying and exciting at the same time. Everything is coming back to normal and orders have been going out. I have the JP amber eggs in stock , and are making them this week. I am really sorry for the recent delays, thanks everyone. My number 954 529 6399, email [email protected] Chuck

#24 3 years ago

And your products are Always worth the wait!! Moving Sucks now its time for the hundred trips to Home Depot for all the things mama Didn't like about the home! lol

1 month later
    #25 3 years ago

You certainly have a ton of fans out there but it seems as if there are still many issues you have with your production process. The fact that you consider your buyers "kids with their toys" is ridiculous... First a pinball machine isn't a toy. These are serious collectables that people want quality service for when they spend tons of money on making them nicer. Kids don't see value in spending money on a toy, but an adult sees quality products to add to the value and to the looks of a collectable.

Now I placed an order on July 31st, and one of those products was a painted product from my machine which was removed and refunded. On August 26th I contacted you again and you gave me your story of moving but said "you were waiting on a couple parts and the order would be going out in a few days." Well a couple weeks later on September 9th I was sent a shipping confirmation for this order. Today September 20th package still not received by USPS.
    This order was placed 8 weeks ago. I have ordered and received during that span 3 orders from pinstadium with 2 additional packages sent as there was an issue, 2 orders from color dmd, I had 2 mods come from Spain, 2 mods come from Germany, 1 mod from Arizona, and 2 orders from PinSound in France. All of those orders showed up within 10 days of placing the order.
    Now if I'm a kid playing with my toys, then your just a child making excuses. You run a business wether it's your main job or a side job, you've chosen to take this responsibility. So own up to your problems and don't alienate the people who buy from you by calling them kids cause kids don't spend thousands of dollars. I'm not a fan of your thoughts of your buyers and I'm definitely not a fan of your business!

Screenshot_20200920-113104 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200920-113104 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200919-165259 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200919-165259 (resized).png
    1 month later
    #26 3 years ago

I ordered a few mods back in June. After calling a few times over the summer most of my order was filled. I'm still waiting on one item. I've been trying to call the phone # provided in this thread and on the website but all I get is a full voicemail message. I've also never received a response from email. Has anyone else been receiving their orders or have been able to reach someone to inquire about an order?

#27 3 years ago

His profile shows he was last seen here today, did you PM him here too?

#28 3 years ago

I didn't. I'll try that. I didn't think to look at his profile. Good idea. Thanks.

#29 3 years ago

he is a Human and not a T2 with cyberdyne tech . Every Business goes through a snag .
    Him moving Base locations seems legit and bad timing for Addons getting in or out on time .
    Give him a break or ask for refund and shop elsewhere if not happy ,Many options and i still go through Modfather with no problem on waits if i must wait i wait . I still play the Game the same way ,with both hands.

#30 3 years ago

Hey Jedi, The Clairavoyant for your IMDN has been a part i have been looking for through my many distributers . I cannot find it anywhere. I do have a few different options that I can provide for that game. These mods are not offered on my site , but will custom make it for you. I will send you some pics of what is available today. Thanks Chuck

7 months later
    #31 2 years ago

Here’s the thing, communication is key. Could totally turn every unhappy customer, never unhappy, by responding to emails within 24 hours. Otherwise just make it clear it’s a hobby, not a business, so there’s no business expectations.

I’ve gotten some cool stuff from modfather, unique, and some not cool stuff (screw and wire hold through a toy with who knows what markup, kinda poorly painted beverage holder, etc.). That was just ignorance purchasing, and nothing I’d seek to complain about, just natural to bring up here now, for completeness.

I’d really like to see install instructions as well, like every other modding company provides. I had to change where the wire was screwed into another toy, as there was just no way possible to mount as-was.

So… communication (off all types) is key. Keep up the good and unique work, create instructions, answer all email daily with consistency and all gucci. My 42 cents.

#32 2 years ago

I screwed up my first order with Chuck and then had to call him to fix my error. He was super nice on the phone and, not only did he fix my bungle but, he also threw in a FREE (~ $40) mod. I think he could tell that I am totally new to this and probably felt sorry for me. But what awesome customer service! How often does the CEO give out his personal phone number and say "call any time." Needless to say, I was quite favorably impressed. Already placed my second order with Chuck and look forward to placing many more.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Here’s the thing, communication is key. Could totally turn every unhappy customer, never unhappy, by responding to emails within 24 hours. Otherwise just make it clear it’s a hobby, not a business, so there’s no business expectations.
    I’ve gotten some cool stuff from modfather, unique, and some not cool stuff (screw and wire hold through a toy with who knows what markup, kinda poorly painted beverage holder, etc.). That was just ignorance purchasing, and nothing I’d seek to complain about, just natural to bring up here now, for completeness.
    I’d really like to see install instructions as well, like every other modding company provides. I had to change where the wire was screwed into another toy, as there was just no way possible to mount as-was.
    So… communication (off all types) is key. Keep up the good and unique work, create instructions, answer all email daily with consistency and all gucci. My 42 cents.

I can't speak to all of the details of how ModFather operates, but a lack of response in 24 hours doesn't mean that someone isn't deeply concerned with getting to it and worried about their public relations.

From my brief interaction with Chuck, I believe he does genuinely care about people, and he was one of my inspirations toward getting into modding myself.

Pinball modding is a niche world within a niche world. It can be incredibly demanding, and not as easy to take on help for communications as a more significant business can (I certainly want to be the one to talk one-on-one with my supporters). I couldn't say how many sleepless nights I've had in a panic to get orders out at a promised time, and I've had backlogs/turnaround-times get up to 6 months before finally giving in to hiring help early this year (and I don't have the website/public appearance level ModFather has, so I can only imagine it's very hectic at times). I love modding, but it's not always without stress.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

I screwed up my first order with Chuck and then had to call him to fix my error. He was super nice on the phone and, not only did he fix my bungle but, he also threw in a FREE (~ $40) mod. I think he could tell that I am totally new to this and probably felt sorry for me. But what awesome customer service! How often does the CEO give out his personal phone number and say "call any time." Needless to say, I was quite favorably impressed. Already placed my second order with Chuck and look forward to placing many more.

Well to be pedantic, CEO is typically reserved for C/S-corps of at least mid-size, not a small business I would expect a “mom and pop shop” to have the level of cs you experienced. Since they don’t have scale, that’s their ace for going with them.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

I can't speak to all of the details of how ModFather operates, but a lack of response in 24 hours doesn't mean that someone isn't deeply concerned with getting to it and worried about their public relations.
    From my brief interaction with Chuck, I believe he does genuinely care about people, and he was one of my inspirations toward getting into modding myself.
    Pinball modding is a niche world within a niche world. It can be incredibly demanding, and not as easy to take on help for communications as a more significant business can (I certainly want to be the one to talk one-on-one with my supporters). I couldn't say how many sleepless nights I've had in a panic to get orders out at a promised time, and I've had backlogs/turnaround-times get up to 6 months before finally giving in to hiring help early this year (and I don't have the website/public appearance level ModFather has, so I can only imagine it's very hectic at times). I love modding, but it's not always without stress.

There’s been a handful of reports of no response and I experienced that as well, no answer for a week. Is what it is and modfather reached out to me today for cs which was appreciated, but it is a buildable and simple habit to carve out X-time each day to just respond to all outstanding emails, or communicate you’re a one man shop and thus can get engrossed in a flurry of work and may take a while to respond, that’s all. Just communication.

Not much more to discuss; that was my least 8 cents. Cheers!

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Well to be pedantic, CEO is typically reserved for C/S-corps of at least mid-size, not a small business I would expect a “mom and pop shop” to have the level of cs you experienced. Since they don’t have scale, that’s their ace for going with them.

There’s been a handful of reports of no response and I experienced that as well, no answer for a week. Is what it is and modfather reached out to me today for cs which was appreciated, but it is a buildable and simple habit to carve out X-time each day to just respond to all outstanding emails, or communicate you’re a one man shop and thus can get engrossed in a flurry of work and may take a while to respond, that’s all. Just communication.
    Not much more to discuss; that was my least 8 cents. Cheers!

Not looking to defend anything I know nothing about. I just thought the hobby vs. business remark was an odd thing to say in regard to not replying in 24 hours, unless you're certain of the circumstances.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not looking to defend anything I know nothing about. I just thought the hobby vs. business remark was an odd thing to say in regard to not replying in 24 hours, unless you're certain of the circumstances.

Nah I get it, maybe I missed where it was stated it was a hobby; would certainly change expectations completely.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modfather-mia-?hl=goodomens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.