Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago

At least if I don't want to play them now I probably won't in 40 years (In all serious, I do like the new games too.)

It is kind of crazy seeing where technology is going these days. Obviously we are now a very "throw it out and replace" society and pinball manufacturing has represented that as well, and as depressing and expensive as that is now, the real problem obviously comes when they stop producing certain things (like circuit boards).

Let's be honest. As much as we say "It's not right! Think of the future of pinball!" in the end it's all about the money. I am sure the manufacturers care about their customers but are not losing sleep on machines that are out of the warranty period/off of the production line. Simple business, unfortunately.

I don't see this changing. If I was in that position, I don't know if I would make the decision to change it either, to be honest. Taking a constant and consistent financial hit to help preserve machines for 30 years from now probably wouldn't be seen as better than taking a financial hit assembling a new single entire circuit board/extra batches in advance for a machine in a short warranty period.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modern-vs-vintage?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.