Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighthawk128.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

Yea, throw away pinball machines since we are living in the consumer age. Have you noticed kids aren't curious these days to fix stuff? All the stuff these days are made to simply throw away and buy a new one, Sterns are no different and so it pains me to see people buy new pins for HUO at these price points. Gottlieb, B/W will be around but this new stuff won't be

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wahnsinniger:

Well... yeah. How many of those factories had just been making tanks for WW2 when they switched back over.
    But seriously, to someone who grew up in the era of everything being made of plastic, these old EM's are very interesting to see how more robustly built things were back then. (Granted they would have cheaped out if they could have; they just didn't know how yet)

It's not that they didn't know how to cheap out, Engineering evolves and machines have always been made based on a result of function.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Pretty much the only lockbars being produced are the ones on modern games currently in production.
    Pretty much everything else is used, NOS in rare cases, or refurbished/re-plated.

Your scaring me... I'd like to get one for my TAF but not for another year..

#21 7 years ago

Oh man just about gave me a coronary and I noticed the price is down from 125 I paid 2 years ago.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18240

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighthawk128.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modern-vs-vintage?tu=nighthawk128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.