(Topic ID: 84735)

Modern Video Games deserving of the pinball treatment...

By Strange

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Logo_(resized).jpg
    k5kd3sJ_(resized).jpg
    wallpaper_red_alert_2_02_16001_(resized).jpg
    cncra_(resized).jpg
    dott-remastered-005a.0_(resized).jpg
    Guardians_2_destiny-media.jpg
    doom-front.jpg
    85296047.jpg
    Game-Dark-Souls-Wallpaper-HD.jpg
    WL2logo-2650x1440.jpg
    spinball-hires.jpg
    megaman2_wallp_1920.jpg
    art454mi.jpg
    Custer.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    gears-of-war-hd-wallpaper-3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fryeguy7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Why do people associate video games with young people? The target market for video games is 10-50 year-olds. The target market for pinball machines is 40+ year-olds? Maybe that's what's wrong with pinball. I'm 48, and I love God of War, Castlevania, Uncharted, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, Arkham, Assassins Creed, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Infamous, and so on. I know a lot of guys my age who do, too. I don't play online, but I still play the "stories."

Quoted from Strange:

That's the million dollar question. I bet you anything you will find video gamers that are pinheads and didn't even know it until their dream themes came to pinball. People need to realize is that there are millions upon millions of people playing video games and the average gamer age is somewhere between 35-41. You might be surprised how well some of these video game themes might perform.

I think it would be interesting to poll pinside and see how many also play video games. I think it would be a very large number. I agree with others that 20 year olds won't buy pins but there are some really cool ideas with artwork and stories already established in popular video game series. I don't think the target audience for the Tron movie was a 55 year old man but Stern still made that pin. Video game pins would be no different than the comic book pins being made now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fryeguy7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modern-video-games-deserving-of-the-pinball-treatment?tu=fryeguy7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.