(Topic ID: 84735)

Modern Video Games deserving of the pinball treatment...

By Strange

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Logo_(resized).jpg
    k5kd3sJ_(resized).jpg
    wallpaper_red_alert_2_02_16001_(resized).jpg
    cncra_(resized).jpg
    dott-remastered-005a.0_(resized).jpg
    Guardians_2_destiny-media.jpg
    doom-front.jpg
    85296047.jpg
    Game-Dark-Souls-Wallpaper-HD.jpg
    WL2logo-2650x1440.jpg
    spinball-hires.jpg
    megaman2_wallp_1920.jpg
    art454mi.jpg
    Custer.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    gears-of-war-hd-wallpaper-3.jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from Blairally:

It's worked sooo well in the past, super Mario world and street fighter are like the best pinballs eeeeevvvvvveeeeerrrrrr

Yeah, Elvis and Rolling Stones aren't exactly the best either, so maybe they shouldn't make any themes based on bands, too.

It doesn't matter what the theme is, it's what they do with it. Avatar, The Dark Knight, and Avengers are HUGE licenses, but not that great overall.

#102 10 years ago

Donkey Kong is my favorite thus far! You could make some awesome toys!

#103 10 years ago

DARK SOULS

Game-Dark-Souls-Wallpaper-HD.jpgGame-Dark-Souls-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

This one would never happen because the property is so new and still so niche. But a boy can dream~

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

DARK SOULS

This one would never happen because the property is so new and still so niche. But a boy can dream~

Sure it could. They just have to do it right to give it that Dark Souls feel.

- 1 ball per game. Definitely rusted. In reality, probably just a cube of steel.
    - No GI. Only maybe, maaaaybe, one or two flickering inserts lit at a time.
    - Flippers slowly get weaker and farther apart as the game goes on.
    - Boss multiball: Get Super Jackpot everytime, or the game punches you in the nuts and burns your house down.

Man, I love Dark Souls.

#105 10 years ago

I love Dark Souls. The Knight Artorias boss fight was so f***in' epic. I've never played a RPG like that in my life. A Complete Masterpiece~

Post edited by moderator: Language

#106 10 years ago

Ultima

85296047.jpg85296047.jpg
    #107 10 years ago

Hunt The Wumpus! Complete with Super Bat Snatch toy!

#108 10 years ago

Well it is obvious to me that video themed pins would do well. Just look at the enthusiasm in this thread. Stern has fixated on music and super hero themes too long. If they hopped on the video theme idea, that should be good for at least five new titles. Well over half the pinball people I know play or have played lots of videos. The artwork would be miles ahead of Stern's typical photo shop job and watching video clips on the lcd screen would be fantastic. Come on Stern, get with the program. Another reason I believe this would be successful is that many people buy pins in spite of the theme. If it is fun, they get one or seek it out to play on location. How could they expect to sell less pins than BBH, NBA, TRS or 24 if they pick one of the above themes and execute it well?

#109 10 years ago

Twisted Metal.

#111 10 years ago

DOOM

doom-front.jpgdoom-front.jpg

1 week later
    #112 10 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

SUPER SMASH BROS

Super-Smash-Bros.-Brawl.jpeg 200 KB

The mother of all Nintendo Directs happened a few days ago focused only on the new Smash Bros games. It's a must watch if you are even remotely interested in the game.

9 months later
    #113 9 years ago

DESTINY

Guardians_2_destiny-media.jpgGuardians_2_destiny-media.jpg

1 year later
    #114 8 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Day of the tentacle.

This would be my dream pinball. The video game has so much to offer considering the different time portals, puzzles, and characters. With the remastered video game coming out in the next few days it would be perfect to carry over.

dott-remastered-005a.0_(resized).jpgdott-remastered-005a.0_(resized).jpg

#115 8 years ago

I'm gonna say it again Stern. Berzerk. The pinball. Has potential. Pay hommage to a classic arcade game. Cool call outs-"Coins (cash) detected in pocket!!!" "Chicken! Play pinball like a robot!" "Got the humanoid! Got the intruder!" on ball drains. An escape Evil Otto hurry up mode. A video mode where you shoot robots even. FRENZY drop targets...the game almost designs itself. Maybe an easter egg paying respects to Peter Burkowski...

#116 8 years ago

C&C Red Alert !!!!

cncra_(resized).jpgcncra_(resized).jpg
    wallpaper_red_alert_2_02_16001_(resized).jpgwallpaper_red_alert_2_02_16001_(resized).jpg

k5kd3sJ_(resized).jpgk5kd3sJ_(resized).jpg

#117 8 years ago

Alan Wake is my favorite game in the last 10 years. That could be really cool. Flashlight multiball and have all gi go out with just spotlights on or something.

#118 8 years ago

BIOSHOCK

#119 8 years ago

Been hoping for Castlevania for years or maybe Ninja Gaiden. Originally someone was working on a Castlevania pin but not sure what happened to it. Still want a hockey style NHL game done right.

#120 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

Sure it could. They just have to do it right to give it that Dark Souls feel.
    - 1 ball per game. Definitely rusted. In reality, probably just a cube of steel.
    - No GI. Only maybe, maaaaybe, one or two flickering inserts lit at a time.
    - Flippers slowly get weaker and farther apart as the game goes on.
    - Boss multiball: Get Super Jackpot everytime, or the game punches you in the nuts and burns your house down.
    Man, I love Dark Souls.

Sooooo accurate.

I might add that *if* you somehow get more than 1 ball per game, your score resets to zero for the second ball.

Any ramps in the game have posts in front of them.

#121 8 years ago

I definitely echo the sentiments for Portal and Zork.

I have some notes at home where I've detailed features and toys for both of these.

Zork has such high potential for a feature-rich game. Original artwork dominated by a creepy topiary, and slavering grues. A carousel must be featured in some way. The player could gather various works of art to fill the trophy room and unlock the wizard of Frobozz mode.

Just take muh money!!!

#122 8 years ago

Wolfenstein.
    Because Nazis, mad scientists, Zombies, Feminazis.
    Also Tesla guns.

Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Logo_(resized).jpgReturn-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Logo_(resized).jpg

2 months later
    #123 7 years ago

If there was a better time than ever I think WarCraft with the movie releasing this summer might have the smallest chance in hell to become an actual pin. I think for those of us familiar with the WC lore we all know that it could become something truly amazing. I would say this would be along the lines of LOTR or The Hobbit... an adventure type rules set that is extremely deep. There is so much you could do in terms of toys, features, and modes all based on WC lore. For instances, I think it would be neat choosing your side at the beginning of the game horde or alliance. Depending on who you choose the GI would either be red or blue depending on who you picked. At that point the rules and goals are specific to the side chosen. You could have two different rule sets on this game based on which side you choose. Guess I can dream... ha!

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modern-video-games-deserving-of-the-pinball-treatment/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.