(Topic ID: 84735)

Modern Video Games deserving of the pinball treatment...

By Strange

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Logo_(resized).jpg
    k5kd3sJ_(resized).jpg
    wallpaper_red_alert_2_02_16001_(resized).jpg
    cncra_(resized).jpg
    dott-remastered-005a.0_(resized).jpg
    Guardians_2_destiny-media.jpg
    doom-front.jpg
    85296047.jpg
    Game-Dark-Souls-Wallpaper-HD.jpg
    WL2logo-2650x1440.jpg
    spinball-hires.jpg
    megaman2_wallp_1920.jpg
    art454mi.jpg
    Custer.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    gears-of-war-hd-wallpaper-3.jpg

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

I swear to god, there are a mountain of awesome video game properties that would be incredible pinball machines. It seems the high ups of the Stern's and the Jersey Jack's of the world are just of that different generation that just don't get modern video gaming and because of that fact don't go after some obvious video game licenses that would make incredible and profitable machines. There are dozens of gold mines out there and I think we should start listing them out as titles would like to see receive the pinball treatment~

#2 10 years ago

HALO

halo-4-oxcgn-screenshot-11.jpghalo-4-oxcgn-screenshot-11.jpg

#3 10 years ago

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

wow-world-of-warcraft.si.jpgwow-world-of-warcraft.si.jpg

#4 10 years ago

GRAND THEFT AUTO

gta5.jpggta5.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Halo would be huge!!!!

#7 10 years ago

Call Of Duty. A war themed pin would be cool.

#8 10 years ago

SUPER SMASH BROS
    Super-Smash-Bros.-Brawl.jpegSuper-Smash-Bros.-Brawl.jpeg

#9 10 years ago

Farsight's Williams Hall of Fame could make a great pin.

That or Bioshock.

#10 10 years ago

ANGRY BIRDS

Angry-Birds.pngAngry-Birds.png

#11 10 years ago

zelda

#12 10 years ago

Hotline Miami!

COD would be interesting. But then EA would create DLC for each flipper to work and for every mode to be activated and then a multiplayer mode that would be exploited by 10 year old kids and then I'd just spend every game getting headshot by people that call me bad names. /cry

-Wes

#14 10 years ago

All the IPs listed so far would not only most likely be profitable, but would bring new players and collectors into the hobby.

#15 10 years ago

STARCRAFT

starcraft2_scr114.jpgstarcraft2_scr114.jpg

For this game you could have a Limited Edition machine for each race: Terran, Protoss, and Zerg.... That would be awesome!!

#16 10 years ago

Time Pilot!
    time_pilot.giftime_pilot.gif

#17 10 years ago

Call of Duty, huge with kids and adults.

#18 10 years ago

No 1st person shooters should be a pinball game. Even my teen kids say that and they are PC gamers and XBOX360/PS3 owners.

#19 10 years ago

haha, Time Pilot... not exactly modern. I don't think classic arcade would bring in new players, but actually a DONKEY KONG pinball would be incredible!

#20 10 years ago

If they make a World of Warcrap pinball...I will quit the hobby...

#21 10 years ago

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY

wallpapers-tgod-donkey-kong-country-returns-wallpaper-returnsdonkey-559166.jpgwallpapers-tgod-donkey-kong-country-returns-wallpaper-returnsdonkey-559166.jpg

#22 10 years ago

game_dead_or_alive_xtreme_beach_volleyball_15_1600x1200.jpggame_dead_or_alive_xtreme_beach_volleyball_15_1600x1200.jpg: Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

haha, Time Pilot... not exactly modern.

Time Pilot '84?

#24 10 years ago

RESIDENT EVIL

imgresident evil 41.jpgimgresident evil 41.jpg

#25 10 years ago

[att=1533805,341487 Silent Hill would be AMAZING

sh.jpgsh.jpg
    #26 10 years ago

HALF-LIFE

halflife2.jpghalflife2.jpg

#27 10 years ago

Agreed that we need new blood in pinball; but how much of that new blood will commit serious cash to the hobby?

If there's a way to get these new machines out on location and have the younger gen actually try them, yeah.... good idea.

But these titles would have limited support from the 40-55 year olds who are spending the cash as collectors. Not as many 18-34 yo's can afford pinball machines (yet).

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Agreed that we need new blood in pinball; but how much of that new blood will commit serious cash to the hobby?
    If there's a way to get these new machines out on location and have the younger gen actually try them, yeah.... good idea.
    But these titles would have limited support from the 40-55 year olds who are spending the cash as collectors. Not as many 18-34 yo's can afford pinball machines (yet).

You know what? You are very true. With the money it takes to buy a new Stern LE machine you could buy every modern gaming console, along with every major video game title, accessories, and still possibly have money to throw around on energy drinks and pizza. Younger video gamers don't have that disposible income to throw at pinball, but people like me (I'm 31) who grew up playing video games are getting older and starting to get that cash for more luxurious things. Look at the market for retro video games, it's blowing up like crazy.

IF VIDEO GAME THEMED PINBALL IS NOT THE IMMEDIATE PRESENT, ITS MOST CERTAINLY THE FUTURE and Jersey Jack, Stern, and whoever else designing machines need to take this into account if they want to be fruitful in the future~

#29 10 years ago

Damn good ideas Strange. I think It may help the hobby get new blood. Just have to run a market analysis.

#30 10 years ago

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

Mortal_kombat_9_cast_-_Copy.jpgMortal_kombat_9_cast_-_Copy.jpg
    #31 10 years ago

MARVEL VS CAPCOM

Marvel-vs-Capcom-3.jpgMarvel-vs-Capcom-3.jpg

#32 10 years ago

Bioshock, God of War, and Tomb Raider are all great themes that would lend themselves well to a pinball machine.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Bioshock, God of War, and Tomb Raider are all great themes that would lend themselves well to a pinball machine.

OMG, TOMB RAIDER. That would do well with the female audience as well!

games-tomb-raider-hd-wallpaper-and-desktop-background-in-games-picture-tomb-raider-wallpaper.jpggames-tomb-raider-hd-wallpaper-and-desktop-background-in-games-picture-tomb-raider-wallpaper.jpg

#34 10 years ago

Some inventive things could be put into a Portal Pinball

#35 10 years ago

image-557.jpgimage-557.jpg
    New Vegas baby

#36 10 years ago

SUPER MARIO GALAXY

SuperMarioGalaxy2Wallpaper1024.jpgSuperMarioGalaxy2Wallpaper1024.jpg

#37 10 years ago

Day of the tentacle.

#38 10 years ago

Portal

#39 10 years ago

Call of Duty. A World War II themed pin would be awesome. And just think of the interesting Hitler recaption some enterprising pinsider would make dedicated to it.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

SUPER MARIO GALAXY

If they made a Super Mario Galaxy I can guarantee that machine would be in my house. It wouldn't be for me as I'm 43, but I've got 2 kids and what Batman was to me growing up is Mario to my 10 year old. My 10 year old likes pinball and if he knew they made a Super Mario Galaxy I know we'd get one. Not only would my kids play it, but we also have a lot of kids over and I'm pretty sure that machine would be a hit with them as well.

Stern could definitely cash in on all of us in the 40 to 55 range because we've got the disposable income and many of us also have young kids.

Please dad, can we get one? I promise I won't ask for anything else for at least a week!

#41 10 years ago

CASTLEVANIA

ncsymphony_of_the_night_remix_by_naughtyboy83-d5jbfn8.jpgncsymphony_of_the_night_remix_by_naughtyboy83-d5jbfn8.jpg

I would love this machine so much, OMG. Especially if it incorporated original art from Ayami Kojima...

#42 10 years ago

Battle for Bikini Bottom
    spongebob_squarepants_battle_for_bikini_bottom_262388.jpgspongebob_squarepants_battle_for_bikini_bottom_262388.jpg

#43 10 years ago

DUKE NUKEM!

duke-nukem-3d.jpgduke-nukem-3d.jpg
    #44 10 years ago

Man

Quoted from GetTheJackpot:DUKE NUKEM!

duke-nukem-3d.jpg 77 KB

Man that would be awesome.Just Imagine all the quotes that could be used like Come get some when you release the ball in the shooter land and Damn I'm good! when you hit the ramp twice in a row.the Possibilities are endless.dukenukem.jpgdukenukem.jpg

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from xDragonWarrior:

.Just Imagine all the quotes that could be used like Come get some when you release the ball in the shooter land and Damn I'm good! when you hit the ramp twice in a row.

Or the all time cliche "I've got balls of steel"

#46 10 years ago

PONG!

cn_image.size.pong.jpgcn_image.size.pong.jpg
    #47 10 years ago

Text_Adventure_2012.pngText_Adventure_2012.png

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

I think the number of younger people buying pins would surprise you, but I think you're right. Its too bad that if stern did make a game that would put the focus more towards opperating, they would get berated by all the people in the hobby that want them to focus on collector games.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

I think the number of younger people buying pins would surprise you

I would indeed be surprised if any young people are buying $8,000 pins.

Usually if I go to a younger persons house for a service call, the pin is an old Bally Playboy that their uncle gave them.

I have never gone to a young person's house to fix a WOZ or Avengers....

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I would indeed be surprised if any young people are buying $8,000 pins.
    Usually if I go to a younger persons house for a service call, the pin is an old Bally Playboy that their uncle gave them.
    I have never gone to a young person's house to fix a WOZ or Avengers....

Welp maybe Im biased because of my age and I wasnt exactly talking about LEs. Im pretty set on buying a NIB within a year and Im 24.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modern-video-games-deserving-of-the-pinball-treatment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.