• Latest reply 1 year ago by timbo74
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image1 (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Hi guys, any ideas what might be causing this? I think I might've accidentally bumped the leaf switch, but on close inspection it looks like the leaf should be working correctly, as in the contacts seem to be the right distance from each other in terms of the two stages of contact (for the two flippers)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11vBoLkYXPr_fGcy8_Bw5QC1-KcwoCljd/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11p5CF4okD-26xI8ZvuPW_PHgZQFFjbGO/view?usp=drivesdk

#2 1 year ago

If you would post any photos directly here, then the thread can remain useful to others in the future, even when the files get removed from Google Drive. It also makes it simpler to follow the thread, since people don't have to navigate away from this site just to see what you're talking about.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

If you would post any photos directly here, then the thread can remain useful to others in the future, even when the files get removed from Google Drive. It also makes it simpler to follow the thread, since people don't have to navigate away from this site just to see what you're talking about.

Got that - they're videos though so you can see the problem in action.

#4 1 year ago

Yeah - you're not going to get any assistance if people can't even see your vids.....

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).png
#5 1 year ago

Sharing videos is much a harder than it should be.

#6 1 year ago

You need to set the permission to "anyone with the link".

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Got that - they're videos though so you can see the problem in action.

I see. Well, still...if you post them on YouTube and paste the link in your message, then they show up with an embed thumbnail and can be played directly on the Pinside page.

That doesn't help the risk of the video being deleted sometime in the future. But it's at least more likely to get people to look at your problem.

You should also, even with a video being provided, include a detailed description of your problem in your question. Some people just will never be able to or want to play the video, but still may be able to help you solve your problem even without seeing it visually, as long as you just describe it properly.

#8 1 year ago

Ok, sorry about this, I didn't know no one could see it. Have updated privacy settings.

As it turns out - I'm renting this machine and the owner is getting a tech to do a house call. He says it's a common problem. Something to do with Stern cheapening the coil connectors. I spent another half an hour tweaking the leaf switch and got it to a point where the leaf looked right (as in the two stages of contact) but the flipper kept dropping down prematurely. I'm also having trouble with the rear exit opto on the T-Rex ramp not registering too, so we'll be able to kill two birds with one stone. Fingers crossed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modern-stern-flipper-probs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.