6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by StevenP
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3190.JPG
    IMG_3176.JPG
    IMG_3175.JPG
    IMG_3185.JPG
    IMG_3178.JPG
    IMG_3189.JPG
    IMG_3180.JPG
    IMG_3182.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_9026.PNG
    IMG_3351.JPG
    1391650_10201384013696542_499379761_n.jpg
    537789_10201384009176429_813409291_n.jpg
    995882_10201384014976574_893178609_n.jpg
    1384003_10201384010216455_1195521150_n.jpg
    th-285.jpeg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I'm customer #3 through these hallowed doors.

Great collection. Met the the rockstar Steve Epstein.

First game up: Metallica

Woohoo!!!!!!

#2 6 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen, you know the rules!

#3 6 years ago

Lucky dog Brian! Hopefully I make it into the city this week

#4 6 years ago

I'll get a pic in 15 mins!

#5 6 years ago

Very glad to see the Off-Broadway Arcade Modern Pinball NYC open.

#6 6 years ago

!!!!

image-864.jpg image-823.jpg
    #7 6 years ago

Sweet!

#8 6 years ago

Made a new friend. Pinaholic stopped in and took my picture. Great pins here and in great shape. The place is starting to fill up.

image-109.jpg

#9 6 years ago

Pins are in excellent shape. All told I had over 4 hours of play for $20. Works for me.

image-254.jpg
    #10 6 years ago

Holy. Crap. I may need to head out there tomorrow!

#11 6 years ago

So much to say, but I'm still in the city, catching a bite and tapping awayon my iPhone, so I'll wait.
    Many highlights and some pleasant surprises. WoZ with latest code, Star Trek, Metallica, AC/DC LTBR, and so many great 90's DMDs among others. All in fantastic shape.

They're still getting things set up, but man that was fun. Super nice guys there too.

#12 6 years ago

What's the address?

#14 6 years ago

Only about a mile from the original Broadway Arcade. Nice. Needs to have an EM or three, IMO.

#15 6 years ago

All told I spend over 4 hours there. Metallica and Star Trek were surprisingly fun. WoZ was much improved with the new code, though honestly I haven't had a lot of time on one to say what exactly changed. I will say I had more or less unfettered access to these pins for the first couple of hours. Then more people started showing up and I may have had to wait a little ... but still so many other things to play. The Monster Bash was in beautiful shape, as was the Scared Stiff, Funhouse, Fishtales, Cactus Canyon, Dr. Dude, and so many others. I played most everything. There's LEDs and urethane rubbers on most pins there. Some pins (like Funhouse) surprised me how friggin' good they look all LED'd out.

Incidentally that Cactus Canyon was THE VERY CC that was at the estate sale here in Jersey a short while back. Don't ask me how I learned it ... but now having seen it in it's proper place - out in the public to be enjoyed ... I am at peace in having lost out to Kevin at Classic Pinball. It's where it needs to be. So go play it!!

I was a bit chatty with the staff. Steve Epstein more or less told me to stop blabbering and get playing. LoL. Thanks Steve. I wish you and your gang all the best.

Brian

#16 6 years ago

I'll be there early on Tues. Just got done with the Marine Corp Marathon in DC over the weekend and can't wait to stop in NY to check out what Pinaholic has been up to. Looking forward to the CC, WH2O, MB, ST and other gems. I don't get over to the East Coast often, but when I do, I play pinball.

#17 6 years ago

I'll be back in NYC in 2 weeks. Can't wait!!

Pricing for the games? Not that I care (it's Manhattan afterall) but just curious.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Met the the rockstar Steve Epstein.

Who is Steve Epstein?

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Who is Steve Epstein?

President of The Century Club of the AMOA (Amusement and Music Operators of America). Former owner of The Broadway Arcade and now owner (or partner, I'm not sure) of the Modern Pinball NYC Arcade in the Kips Bay section of Manhattan.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Who is Steve Epstein?

Steve ran the Broadway Arcade, and was featured in the epic pinball film Special When Lit.

#21 6 years ago

Oh. That's what I get for living in a desert. You learn something new every day.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Oh. That's what I get for living in a desert. You learn something new every day.

o-din-sticks.jpg

#23 6 years ago

We're a loadin' up the truck......
    th-285.jpeg

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

President of The Century Club of the AMOA (Amusement and Music Operators of America). Former owner of The Broadway Arcade and now owner (or partner, I'm not sure) of the Modern Pinball NYC Arcade in the Kips Bay section of Manhattan.

Also founder of PAPA.....

BTW, are there parts for sale at MP, or is it just set up for playing now?

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

What's PAPA?

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

BTW, are there parts for sale at MP, or is it just set up for playing now?

Just pins. It is an "interactive showroom", so there's a pin sale side to this business. I'll defer to the web site and official announcements before I try to interpret all the details. But what I will post is this valuable tidbit (direct from the modernpinballnyc.com site): "whatever you spend can be applied toward the future purchase of a game from us! Pinball bliss!".

That's huge.

You pay to play ... then can use what you paid toward a pin purchase. That's a win-win. I suspect (and respect) that prices will be high retail, but your credit can add up big. Nobody else offers this that I know of, and I think it's a brilliant move.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What's PAPA?

That's it. You really need to move out of the desert.

Professional and Amateur Pinball Association. Go to http://papa.org and get educated you hick!

#28 6 years ago

Sorry, I just had to. You had me at rockstar.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

That's it. You really need to move out of the desert.
    Professional and Amateur Pinball Association. Go to http://papa.org and get educated you hick!

I think he was yanking your chain with that one.

I read a while back that MPNYC would offer repair services, parts for sale, workshops, etc. That may be coming. (Al could store his spare parts there and have an instant retail shop!)

#30 6 years ago

Didnt he start the IFPA also?? Or have some part in that..

#31 6 years ago

Steve Epstein also founded IFPA and MPNYC will now be its' World Headquarters.

I have been restoring some of the machines now available to play.

As of tonight I will start working in the facility as the tech.

Please feel free to say hi and ask questions of the staff.

We will do our best to answer your questions as informative and accurately as possible.

I have just begun to work on two new additions to the facility and will get them to the location as soon as completed.

The machines are Banzai Run and KISS

1384003_10201384010216455_1195521150_n.jpg 537789_10201384009176429_813409291_n.jpg 995882_10201384014976574_893178609_n.jpg 1391650_10201384013696542_499379761_n.jpg
    #32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eddie:

Steve Epstein also founded IFPA and MPNYC will now be its' World Headquarters.
    I have been restoring some of the machines now available to play.
    As of tonight I will start working in the facility as the tech.
    Please feel free to say hi and ask questions of the staff.
    We will do our best to answer your questions as informative and accurately as possible.
    I have just begun to work on two new additions to the facility and will get them to the location as soon as completed.
    The machines are Banzai Run and KISS

1384003_10201384010216455_119552... 70 KB

995882_10201384014976574_8931786... 57 KB

537789_10201384009176429_8134092... 92 KB

1391650_10201384013696542_499379... 60 KB

Thanks for the info Eddie. Looking forward to stopping back for that Banzai Run! I'll keep my eyes open, but feel free to give us a heads up when it'll be there.

Regards,

Brian

#33 6 years ago

Nice ... just remembered that I'm back in the city on Wednesday for a meeting with Cisco @ 1 Penn Plaza ... maybe 6-8 block away from MPNYC. And the meeting ends at 2pm ... heading back for round 2

#34 6 years ago

I've never been to New York. Maybe someday..................

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've never been to New York. Maybe someday..................

Do it. Like no other place in the world.

#36 6 years ago

Extra postage

#37 6 years ago

I'm in the city every day, but this joint is located just inconveniently enough to be a pain in the ass for me to get to, being nowhere near or between my office and Penn Station. I'm going to have to bust out of the routine and stop by, though, it looks great.

#38 6 years ago

Congratulations to Steve Epstein and Steve Zahler for getting this up and running.

Can't wait till I'm back in NYC to check it out!

rd.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

I'm in the city every day, but this joint is located just inconveniently enough to be a pain in the ass for me to get to, being nowhere near or between my office and Penn Station. I'm going to have to bust out of the routine and stop by, though, it looks great.

I need to see if there's a subway stop near. I don't mind the walk from Penn, but would like to know my ninja path if I need to be stealthy.

#40 6 years ago

My wife and I are planning to go to NYC in December and I am so excited to visit all of the pinball places there. It's wonderful to see that the Steves were able to get this place open. Cheers! See you there!

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I need to see if there's a subway stop near. I don't mind the walk from Penn, but would like to know my ninja path if I need to be stealthy.

28th St on the 6 line is closest. 1 stop up the 1/2/3 to Times Square from Penn, S to Grand Central, then 6 down to 28th. Taking the 34 bus crosstown to 3rd Ave would be simplest and maybe faster.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

28th St on the 6 line is closest. 1 stop up the 1/2/3 to Times Square from Penn, S to Grand Central, then 6 down to 28th. Taking the 34 bus crosstown to 3rd Ave would be simplest and maybe faster.

Cool, thanks!

#43 6 years ago

Looks cool... Need a few EMs though...

#44 6 years ago

I have a Mars Trek in storage if anyone there is interested...

#45 6 years ago

I love me some Clean CC! The WH2O was outstanding and fast. There was a little pause with Bigfoot's head during diversion, but hardly noticeable. Had a good time showing up early and not dealing with anyone. Lots of open pinball. Got to tell my girl about each machine (she enjoyed WOZ the most). The FT was cool and is always a fav. Star trek was a first for me and it reminded me of a SM meets AFM. All good stuff. Wish the best to Pinaholic! I'm going to try Satellite lounge later. I'll be here in NYC all week. What a great time. Good meeting Steve and John in NYC!

IMG_3351.JPG

#46 6 years ago

Cant wait to go here next time I am in the big city.

#47 6 years ago

I'm planning on going there with a co worker the week of December 9 after the ChemShow at the Javitz center.
    Google street view shows a nice pub across the street to have a beer and get a bite to eat. Futher investigation shows that that particular pub has closed. Can anyone recommend any good places nearby? I like to plan ahead.

#48 6 years ago

November 13th...

#49 6 years ago

Hi Pinster! Nice pic of you pointing to the SS!
    ...is there easy parking around there?

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hi Pinster! Nice pic of you pointing to the SS!
    ...is there easy parking around there?

Seriously Ted, the best bet (IMHO) is to park in Secaucus (15x on the Tpk) and take the train into Penn, then either walk, cab, or bus it the 10 blocks east. If you're still up for driving in I'll defer to the city folks to chime in on the best option.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Lighting - Led
    Arcade Upkeep
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 15.95
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    € 59.80
    Lighting - Backbox
    Freddys Pinball Paradise
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 60.00
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 16.00
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside