Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by coasterguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jackass.gif
    il_fullxfull.194865147.jpg
    NONUSAWINNER.jpg
    girls-pizza-29.jpg
    pizza.png
    Grammer_Nazi.png
    images-1.jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Oh, don't do that!
    You'll get a ban vote for "Not believing in the Easter Bunny."
    Still waiting on your e-mail response to that one Robin.

Honestly, I think you had one to many shots of tequila that night. Nothing personal, you've actually been a good poster and have contributed here since that Easter thread and when you changed avatars. But you were hammering it in both that thread and another one that night...actually, you picked a fight with G as I recall (not a good idea, he is one of the best debaters on this site). Anyway, that Easter thread got properly locked.

#52 11 years ago

there you go. Carry on

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from maldoror:

Threads that exhaust the useful conversation and devolve into a running argument 500 posts long among the same people will get locked. Is that clear enough to understand?

No, it is not. You are a mod that, by the very description of your moderating history, has been absent and unseen for some time. This community has exploded in popularity in the last year. What was once unheard of here is now common place. Your definition of "devolve into running argument" is not, quite frankly, clear at all. This is a discussion forum. Some of the discussion might look like debates and arguments to some, are well constructed and informed conversations between intelligent individuals, to others.

So no, it isn't clear enough what you are subjectively thinking, especially given that 90% of the people here don't know who you are. Is that clear enough to understand?

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Your not the one that said it Gambit I was talking about an earlier post by a different Pinsider. If my judgement is different then some of your guys regarding personal attacks I am sorry. I just call them how I see em and do the best I can.

You missed my edit Gambit. I never said you were the one that said the Nazi comment. However, IMO your comment was an attack sorry we see things differently. Enjoy the convo just wanted to make sure you saw my edit above.

LOL thanks for the avatar change paranoid much? Common man it's a pinball site that some spend time to moderate for free without thanks.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

No, it is not. You are a mod that, by the very description of your moderating history, has been absent and unseen for some time. This community has exploded in popularity in the last year. What was once unheard o here is now common place. Your definition of "devolve into running argument" is not, quite frankly, clear at all. This is a discussion forum. Some of the discussion might look like debates and arguments to some, and weel thought out and informed conversations between intelligent individuals, to others.
    So no, it isn't clear enough what you are subjectively thinking, especially given that 90% of the people here don't know who you are. Is that clear enough to understand?

Your thread is unlocked yet you still carry on arguing moving from one gripe to the next. What is it you want now again? Oh more arguing, I got it.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You missed my edit I never said you were the one that said that. And IMO your comment was an attack sorry we see things differently. Enjoy the convo just wanted to make sure you saw my edit above.

Then mod the mods. Be fair. We're cool, though. This aggression will not stand, man.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from maldoror:

Your thread is unlocked yet you still carry on arguing moving from one gripe to the next. What is it you want now again? Oh more arguing, I got it.

No clue what you are talking about. if you unlocked a thread you shouldn't have locked in the first place, well good on you. You asked a question, and I answered. Don't want an answer? Don't ask a question.

#58 11 years ago

Thanks Moderators for re-opening the topic mentioned above.
    I like the fact that we can discuss the different manufacturers here with positive or negative views without having our comments muted, unlike some manufacturer's newsgroups, Facebook pages, forums, or news announcements with non-disclosure agreements.
    I don't want any of the manufacturers to get a free ride unless they earn it.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Oh, don't do that!
    You'll get a ban vote for "Not believing in the Easter Bunny."
    Still waiting on your e-mail response to that one Robin.

I was not trying to pour any gas on a fire... Just a light hearted joke.... Wait, you dont believe in the easter bunny?

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I originally came here for pinball. I've stuck around for the people and the discourse. Over time I've found that I have similar non-pinball interests with other members and want to discuss those topics with the people I've met here. Is that too much to ask?
    Most forums have some sort of general discussion/off topic area for this very reason.

I didn't say get rid of it. I said this is a niche pinball forum. I get my news from news sources etc. Too much "news" in there. I do like the filter out feature so I can filter it out.

#61 11 years ago

I've been here for about a year, and I've never seen so many threads closed in such a short period of time. Not sure if it's the new members, the massive influx of threads, trolls, or a combination of all.

For the most part, I think the moderation here is very good. Mods just don't have time to catch every infraction, and each mod is unique with what is 'tolerated.'

What I will never understand is the bickering and name calling -- if you truly have a problem, take it to pm. There are a handful of guys on pinside who just bring this place down. This is supposed to be fun.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Oh look, pizza's here!!!

Must be DiGinas...

Not bad ^^but pizza at the shore tastes better. girls-pizza-29.jpggirls-pizza-29.jpg

#63 11 years ago

Sorry...I like to talk pinball...the rest of this stuff is just nasty bullshit. Almost every thread is turning out to be the same. Someone is trying to sell a game and the bull flies. Try to talk about your favorite machine, the name calling starts. I don't think ENOUGH threads are closed down. More than half are worthless bickering.
    I read through a bunch of them last night and if I was a Moderator about 15 would have been closed down. The Mods are doing a GREAT job with restraint!

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

There are rules for a reason. Simply follow those and stay on topic. In fact, this is a niche pinball forum, I'm not even sure why we have things like off-topic.

True ,,,,,, Get Rid of the Off Topic Section and this Forum will be All about Pinball ...

Robin gave me a Ban Vote for my Post in the ( Now Closed ) Boston Bombing Thread ..

At Least Robin announced He was the 1 who did it , as a Mod Wouldn't have . Thanxx for that ..

I was just Typn-n my Thought's and No Disrespect was intended .. Now for the Constant Ban Votes I'm Getting & the 1-Week Ban 2-mth's ago ,, I'm Posting Here Less & Less ...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10 to 1 ,, Whom Ever is Guilty of setting the bomb's is Not a Full Blood'd American ..

Post edited by robin : Ban vote given for racist remark, this kind of talk does not belong on the Pinside.

#65 11 years ago

10 to 1

NONUSAWINNER.jpgNONUSAWINNER.jpg

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Too much moderation will ruin this site.

Sorry mods, I was searching for a picture about "everything in moderation" and came upon this. Ya'll do a great, thankless job. Keep it up!

il_fullxfull.194865147.jpgil_fullxfull.194865147.jpg

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Sorry...I like to talk pinball...the rest of this stuff is just nasty bullshit. Almost every thread is turning out to be the same. Someone is trying to sell a game and the bull flies. Try to talk about your favorite machine, the name calling starts. I don't think ENOUGH threads are closed down. More than half are worthless bickering.
    I read through a bunch of them last night and if I was a Moderator about 15 would have been closed down. The Mods are doing a GREAT job with restraint!

This is high comedy from the guy that has averaged 700 posts per week for a month now.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

This is high comedy from the guy that has averaged 700 posts per week for a month now.

And your point is??

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

And your point is??

Moderate yourself, and you might just see far less of the complained of bullshit.

#71 11 years ago

So I should post less and that will take care of the stupid, nasty, name calling posts here?? Get a grip and stop wasting time...

#72 11 years ago

Look, save yourselves some unneeded stress and accept this fact: moderators don't owe you anything, let alone explanations. Ultimately, it's their house and we're all guests. This goes for every moderated forum ever and not just pinside. If they close 200 threads in the next 20 minutes, we aren't owed an explanation on why it happens. No matter how much you want to spin things otherwise. We can ask, but we aren't owed squat.

They put in the time to build this house. They handle the hosting fees. They volunteer their time to keep this place cleaned up. They have a right to enforce their rules and their vision of what they want Pinside to be. Our only right is to not participate.

That's the cost of having some organization on the Internet.

#73 11 years ago

Good post!

#74 11 years ago

Their was waaaaaaaay less moderation over a year ago before the invasion happened.

#75 11 years ago

Yup...didn't need it as much. Sometimes the first page topics lasted for HOURS...

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Their was waaaaaaaay less moderation over a year ago before the invasion happened.

You can say that again !!!

#77 11 years ago

It was friendly and everyone rooted for each other. I recall reading on the other place that is pinsiders we so lame for sending a pin to robin and LED ing our machines. It was so wrong and dumb for us to actually be nice to someone. Now they are all here making things negative day after day and posting STUPID space wasting threads over and over again.
    So Cheers to the moderators the originals appreciate it.

#78 11 years ago

Oh, and we were also the reason for the new prices on pins! Lolololololol

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

It was friendly and everyone rooted for each other. I recall reading on the other place that is pinsiders we so lame for sending a pin to robin and LED ing our machines. It was so wrong and dumb for us to actually be nice to someone. Now they are all here making things negative day after day and posting STUPID space wasting threads over and over again.
    So Cheers to the moderators the originals appreciate it.

I agree 100%

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I miss those days. Its why I don't hang around as much as I did a year ago.

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Now they are all here making things negative day after day and posting STUPID space wasting threads over and over again.

Sadly, we'll never get back to those days again...

#82 11 years ago

2nd ban vote - for Personal Attack? Really? Because I called out Ted for spamming the board, only after he complained about too much spam on the board? Good lord. I didn't even get one last night during everything, and I get one now?

#83 11 years ago

Maybe YOU'RE the spammer, ever think of that?

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yup...didn't need it as much. Sometimes the first page topics lasted for HOURS...

Everybody was nice, did not need it then.

You guys want to know why a thread gets closed, we tried that and the person that made the error gets mad for getting called out in the forum. Now the ban votes are private. Many things get edited that will not stay. If they were left it would make things worse.

There are two sides to every story. "not believing in the Easter bunny" was not the reason for a ban like was mentioned earlier. It was not me but I saw it as a joke added to the end of the real reason for the vote. Robin posted a response to that in private. He said he never got that reply in another thread and I offered to post it in public but he declined. He got a response. Two sides.

Gambit: You seem to think I was picking on you. Here is what was sent to you in your ban vote:

"The moderators ban vote reason is as follows:

Post #763003: breaks Pinside rules - Do not attack other Pinsiders. Here is what you said to earn a vote. "That's what we've been missing! The biggest moron on the boards to come in and be a big ol' moron. I love it when a story always ends the same. The circle is complete. You'll hopefully choke on the diet of low hanging fruit soon, and the grown men can have their conversations. But until then, go on and embarrass yourself some more…" "

Maybe we need to open a poll to vote to see if it needs a ban vote. IMO it is pretty clearly and attack.

When a person starts a fight and the other party response, they usually get a vote as well. It always takes two.

EDIT: To answer Gambit below, I placed the vote above with those exact words in the quotes.

In case you all are wondering once a mod votes, he cannot give that person another vote until his first vote has expired. It takes three votes to get a ban from three DIFFERENT mods. It is not possible for any mod to give a person more than one vote. That is the way the system works. It is basically two warnings from two differnt mods and a third to complete a ban. The votes do expire.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Maybe we need to open a poll to vote to see if it needs a ban vote. IMO it is pretty clearly and attack.

We don't need a poll...it's your call...and a correct one.

#86 11 years ago

Everybody was nice, did not need it then.
    You guys want to know why a thread gets closed, we tried that and the person that made the error gets mad for getting called out in the forum. Now the ban votes are private. Many things get edited that will not stay. If they were left it would make things worse.
    There are two sides to every story. "not believing in the Easter bunny" was not the reason for a ban like was mentioned earlier. It was not me but I saw it as a joke added to the end of the real reason for the vote. Robin posted a response to that in private. He said he never got that reply in another thread and I offered to post it in public but he declined. He got a response. Two sides.
    Gambit: You seem to think I was picking on you. Here is what was sent to you in your ban vote:
    "The moderators ban vote reason is as follows:
    Post #763003: breaks Pinside rules - Do not attack other Pinsiders. Here is what you said to earn a vote. "That's what we've been missing! The biggest moron on the boards to come in and be a big ol' moron. I love it when a story always ends the same. The circle is complete. You'll hopefully choke on the diet of low hanging fruit soon, and the grown men can have their conversations. But until then, go on and embarrass yourself some more…" "
    When a person starts a fight and the other party response, they usually get a vote as well. It always takes two.

No, Abso, this is what I got. How many ban votes have you cast for me? You didn't explain that in your message to me, at all:

"One of the Pinside moderators has voted for a temporary site ban for your account (reason specified below). In most cases this is due to a violation of the Pinside community rules.

The moderators ban vote reason is as follows:

Post #810945: breaks Pinside rules - personal attacks.

What happens now? This is your 2nd ban vote....."

#87 11 years ago

It's a given that the board needs moderation and they perform a tough, but necessary job at times.

As I see it:

Personal Attacks - the Mods are united on that subject
    Political Commentary - the Mods are united on that as well.

However, once we move past these two areas we have entered into a grey subjective territory where each applies his own interpretation of what a discussion forum should be. It's quite obvious that not all of the Mods have the same objectivity or appreciation for subtlety, nuance, wit, guile and humor.

Now, is what I just wrote an opinion about the Mods or an attack on the Mods?

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Now, is what I just wrote an opinion about the Mods or an attack on the Mods?

An attack. I just gave you a ban vote ...

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Maybe YOU'RE the spammer, ever think of that?

Are you really so oblivious to how much nonsense you post? You threw yourself a 100K Karma party. Your own party. Pathetically. How many times do you need to post "good post!" or spam us with .gifs? You are ever present. Seriously. You're the Nitrogen of Pinside.

#91 11 years ago

Based on what I saw last night, there's at least one mod that might view that as a personal attack.

#92 11 years ago

"That's what we've been missing! The biggest moron on the boards to come in and be a big ol' moron. I love it when a story always ends the same. The circle is complete. You'll hopefully choke on the diet of low hanging fruit soon, and the grown men can have their conversations. But until then, go on and embarrass yourself some more…" "

Oh, and even TheFamilyArcade, who that post was directed to, thumbed up that post and commented that it was funny. These are the jokes, man.

#93 11 years ago

Seriously. You're the Nitrogen of Pinside.

Then this is you...

jackass.gifjackass.gif

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Are you really so oblivious to how much nonsense you post?

And I was just thinking the same about you!

#95 11 years ago

*facepalm*

CONSOLIDATE!!

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

re you really so oblivious to how much nonsense you post?

Gee, I thought you had me on Ingore! Why don't you?

#97 11 years ago

Dude, you just quoted the same line of mine twice, in two different posts. CONSOLIDATE!!!

#98 11 years ago

I don't have to take crap from you! There are plenty of people here that are friends, AND that enjoy my posts. If YOU don't, that's what the Ignore Button is for. Please USE IT. Thank you, thank you very much...

#99 11 years ago

Dude, you seem to be only posting to gain pinside karma points these days. Don't you have anything useful to contribute to the subject of pinball?

#100 11 years ago

Well, maybe if you read the last 20 posts I made you could find something. We all can't be the wizards of pinball YOU are.
    Again...know where the Ignore button is? Don't bitch,,,Use It!

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moderation/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.