(Topic ID: 128797)

Moderation ...

By PinChili

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

darkbeer.jpg
    all.jpg
    MG_Midget_Large.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    punk.png
    Romeo_Dev_280_765657a.jpg
    Jobu.jpg
    comacho.jpg
    rules.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

I personally think when someone is moderated, they deserve a PM from the Mod explaining why.

OR, if they want to know why, they can start a mod feedback thread. Many reasons are very obvious.

The mods do so much here, and there IS a way to start a discussion if feel they want to talk about it.

Forcing mods to write paragraphs every time is adding more work to what is essentially a volunteer position, one which people seem to be hostile towards.

They put up with enough, they don't need more work. If you want to know why they did something, ask.

Quoted from gcp:

Perhaps the only thing more annoying than anonymous moderator snark, is whining about how hard moderation is?

I think it's more annoying to hear people whine about mods.

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I wish people were not allowed to change handles or get new accounts so easily.

I can't imagine an easy way to enforce this, the effort required would be substantial, no?

Would monitoring/regulating new accounts hinder new people joining?

Good in theory, might be hard in practice.

#155 8 years ago

It's the internet

I hate hearing that, like it's some sort of catchall that justifies any rude or offensive behavior.

Many people try to conduct themselves in a genuine manner, and if these people want to have discussions in a forum that reflects that, they shouldn't be denied because 'Its the internet'.

I'm sure if you want to find forums for offensive jokes or insults, there actually are forums for those purposes - and that's all good. But this one is supposed to be about pinball.

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

You may want to fix your quote. Beelzeboob said "It's the internet" not Shimoda. I'm guessing you highlighted that inside Shimoda's quote of it and the site attributed it incorrectly.

You guessed right!

EDIT: And it's not the first time I've done that. I would love if it auto detected if you were quoting from within a quote and prevented this situation. Or, I could pay more attention.

#162 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

robbiedoo is so handsome.

Quoted from Coyote:

Sorry, was just testing. I'll report this, since it shouldn't be possible.

No worries!

#206 8 years ago

EDIT: Not worth getting into

#212 8 years ago

I gotta admit, I've heard little people get pretty flippin' mad at the term midget.

EDIT: Not heard that little people lost their shit, I've literally heard/seen little people in same room as me lose their shit.

You know, there might exist, somewhere, an african american who doesn't get offended by other ethnicities using the n-word. But that by no means makes it ok to do so.

Think this is getting pretty far off topic though.... might need to be shut down right about now.

#222 8 years ago

In an effort to steer this back on track, and to brown nose, thank you moderators for keeping people in line and making people question whether that insult or threat is necessary or adds to the conversation.

In my experience, without active moderators, forum quality declines to rage wars and spam.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moderation-1?tu=robbiedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.