(Topic ID: 128797)

Moderation ...

By PinChili

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

darkbeer.jpg
    all.jpg
    MG_Midget_Large.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    punk.png
    Romeo_Dev_280_765657a.jpg
    Jobu.jpg
    comacho.jpg
    rules.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmwolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcollector:

according to rgp threads the mods will just kick out of the mood feedback threads to. all what's the point?

I can't translate this. Can someone help me out?

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

My only beef with moderation is that they sometimes post snarky comments and/or assumtions bordering personal attacks themselves in the remarks.

Agree....but I think it is a super-rare occurrence.

I did this once. Was having a bad day, and thought I was being "funny."

I apologize....seriously. It's a super-rare occurrence, and unfortunately, I'm not always perfect. It's also a perfect reason why the Mod Feedback forum exists....it's a good place to talk things out and discuss.

It's an odd transition when you become a mod...everything you say is under an enormous microscope....like never before. When I was a "normal" user and said something stupid, that was the end of it. Now, everyone wants to pull apart every little thing you say and try to prove that you are an evil overlord.

Pete

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Translation:
    There are folks over on RGP who claim that the Pinside moderators will kick complaining users out of the moderator feedback threads also. Since that must be true, there is no point in starting a moderator feedback thread.
    Disclaimer: No idea if that's true or not, but that's what he's attempting to say. I think.

Okay...whew! Thanks for the info!

Okay, in the history of the Mod Feedback forum...there are around 200 threads, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 posts.

Only once did someone get ejected from a Mod Feedback thread...(he was really, really pushing the buttons of a mod, who had enough). The rest of us disagreed with the move, we all talked it out, and the eject was lifted within half an hour.

So, good to see that hit RGP as something that we "always do."

Pete

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Yet these people VOLUNTEER their time, energy and unfortunately sanity because they love pinball, this site, and all of us.

I love you, man.

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

How does one become a moderator??? I did not vote for them. LoL

You don't vote for police officers, either.

(And, really....you wouldn't want "elected" moderators. That would be....wow....).

How did I get to be a moderator? I think I pulled a magical sword out of a rock.

(Actually....someone applies. We do a thorough background search and see how they conduct themselves on-site, how reasonable they seem to be, how active they are, and how they approach problems).

Quoted from CNKay:

Is there a term of office??? Or Kingly powers for life???

We do it for as long as we can handle it.

Quoted from CNKay:

Are moderators cycled in and out? May be good for their health.

Some leave willingly when they've had enough. There are a few "former mods" still running around. Typically, they get to a point where they start adding up their hours moderating, and then calculate how much they get paid. Then they have a good cry.

Seriously, a lot of former mods just got to a point where they couldn't invest the amount of time needed to do an effective job, so they stepped down.

Personally, I'll be here forever. You're stuck with me.

Pete

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

Is PinChilli really Choggard in disguise?

Dear God, no.

No...no...no.

It's a complicated thing, and you just have to have faith that we are doing our best to get things worked out. I'm not going to air the behind-the-scenes "dirty laundry" regarding this case here. It's not fair to PinChili....and it's not how we should handle things.

Pete

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmwolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moderation-1?tu=pmwolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.