Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0765[1].JPG
IMG_0762[1].JPG
IMG_0761[1].JPG
#1 11 years ago

ebay.com link: DIRTY HARRY Miniature Pinball Table Model 1 12th scale

I was searching eBay for Dirty Harry pinball stuff when I stumbled across the above. Pretty cool, IMO. Anyone purchase any of these?

#2 11 years ago

I have not but others have, here is a huge thread that the maker started. Some really like them and some don't.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-of-my-112th-scale-pinball-models

#3 11 years ago

Still looks like crap, made with crap materials.

#4 11 years ago

their great if you're a hamster

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Whizzer:

Still looks like crap, made with crap materials.

Any you know this how?

#6 11 years ago

$16 for a model of DH?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Any you know this how?

Bought 5 of them. Half of the cardboard legs were bent. The "artwork" was fuzzy copy paper. I Tried to return them and after additional expense, was unable to do so. He refused to sign for them and came up with a feeble excuse. Not worth the hassle. I will not respond any further. I spent too much time and money already and I don't want to bump it up. Buyer beware!!!

#8 11 years ago

There seems to be a couple guys making these (one in the UK, one in US). I bought a bk2k, I agree it's not the greatest quality (thin cardboard, think manilla folder) including the legs. The glass is thin plastic (like a pop bottle). Not saying I'm expecting much for $20, but still.

I've considered building higher quality cabinets out of thin balsa & thicker PET, maybe even form some legs out of thin aluminum and use real screws for the bolts for maybe $40-$50

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Any you know this how?

i also had a very bad exchange with Retroheart (or whatever he calls his place) very poor quality, shipping was a pain from the UK, boxes were damaged upon receiving, some of the pins never showed up, then all communication from the seller just stopped. filed a complaint with paypal, but it was too late by then (the shipping alone took over 4 months... to get the couple that actually showed up) so i finally had to turn it over to the credit card company.

buyer beware is an understatement.

#10 11 years ago

Ah just wanted to clarify as I thought there was someone how was making them from high quality miniature parts. Thank you for explaining.

#11 11 years ago

Thanks to everyone for weighing in.

#12 11 years ago

I paid for 2 models on 9/8, have had no response since then. I PMed him today from here, so we'll see. I already had a mini TAF (from another source) but my mom was wanting one and so I thought I'd see what happened. I made sure to run it through PayPal and my AmEx so I can reverse funds if needed.

#13 11 years ago

A sweet real deal mini machine with some decent craftsmanship for $50 would be killer. Light up translate? Some one get on this, I want one for my desk at work.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

A sweet real deal mini machine with some decent craftsmanship for $50 would be killer. Light up translate? Some one get on this, I want one for my desk at work.

I agree. If it was solid and nice looking I would be on it. Im glad I read this as I've been seriously considering buying a few. I agree you shouldn't expect much for $20 but if there junk I woukdnt pay $5. Now make it solid, with lights and even play the proper attract music and I'm in for $50. This is pinball, in general pinheads are not broke.

#15 11 years ago

There are places online where you could download the layouts for free and make them yourself as well. Then you could use any paperstock you wanted or try out gluing them on balsa wood or making them out of metal. Heres a site I found by doing a quick google search, I know there are other ones too I found at one point.

http://www.matica.com/paper-craft-toys/61/Classic-Miniature-Pinball-Table-Paper-Toy-Models.html

#16 11 years ago

I've always wondered how he could get away with selling these. Isn't there some type of licensing issue?

#17 11 years ago

I bought one from the UK guy and it arrived relatively quickly and undamaged.

Would I buy another? nah. It's not a handcrafted type collectible thing. It looks fine sitting on the credenza, but that's about the best compliment I can give it.

#18 11 years ago

Yeah. I bought one from Clockwork Elf. As someone who knows papercraft geniuses, this is ho-hum for sure. The cabinet is made of balsa and the artwork is 'decalled' on but stretching, etc on the images (not the right aspect ratios/angles, etc. Fine for a toy on my desk at work but wouldn't make very believable doll furniture.

IMG_0761[1].JPGIMG_0761[1].JPG IMG_0762[1].JPGIMG_0762[1].JPG IMG_0765[1].JPGIMG_0765[1].JPG

#19 11 years ago

man you love SMB! haha

#20 11 years ago

The plan was to get a model of every pin I buy. Keep them at my desk at work, reminding me of the hobby. Lame, I know.

To be honest the game is way less fun now that I own it and play it all the time. guess that means time for another pin!

#21 11 years ago

ill take it. id like to own a SMB or a SMBMK at some point. but im a gottlieb guy.

#22 11 years ago

Yeah, that model is "cute" in pictures, but I wouldn't personally get one.

Looks like it would last approximately 2 days in my office. Our cleaning people arent gentle.

#23 11 years ago

hey just stumbled across this thread. very sorry if any pinside member ordered my work and were not totally happy.

to the members who said they had issues with delivery, please e mail me at [email protected], or pm me here, and ill organise something for you to make it right.

I will say my work has developed and come on over the years, to the point where i think its light years ahead of where it was to begin with

I am also working away on newer upgrades, such as metal legs, and even a slightly larger model that has lights and much more details. I'll post pictures when i can.

#24 11 years ago

It's funny how retro comes across as all pm me and I'll make it right. I say stay away guys. Tried to get some models of this douch as well. Never arrived and he kept giving some bs excuse to wait it out. Got to 44 days and had to make a claim through PayPal so I could get my money back.

The stalling was a way to keep the money and play dumb with the post. Ignor his constant crap about my wife is sick, I'm away on business, I had a car crash...blah blah.

Buyer beware.

#25 11 years ago

Y

Quoted from Retro-Heart:

hey just stumbled across this thread. very sorry if any pinside member ordered my work and were not totally happy.
to the members who said they had issues with delivery, please e mail me at [email protected], or pm me here, and ill organise something for you to make it right.
I will say my work has developed and come on over the years, to the point where i think its light years ahead of where it was to begin with
I am also working away on newer upgrades, such as metal legs, and even a slightly larger model that has lights and much more details. I'll post pictures when i can.

You had your chance to make it right before and made me jump through hoops in an exercise of futility. I believed you the first time, I will not be sucked in again. Go away and pedal your wares and tales elsewhere.

#26 11 years ago

Again - how can Retro-Heart get away with selling these. Isn't there some type of licensing issue? Can anyone just reproduce the artwork, and sell it for their own gain?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

I believed you the first time, I will not be sucked in again.

maf-mi is right. Do some research. Every time a pinside member brings up an issue they have has with Retro he denies it and say "I don't remember having this issue but feel free to email me." I would be REAL WEARY about making a purchase.

#28 11 years ago

I paid for the 2 I ordered on 9/8, didn't hear from him so PMed him yesterday, he responded with a timeline, and they were on my front porch yesterday when I got home. They are cute and decently well-made, but like a few have said won't be winning any big time awards. For sitting on a shelf, they'll do just fine. I had gotten a TAF mini from another source that had a layered playfield with raised ramps that looked more realistic, but these are overall nicer. I just wish the legs weren't paper because despite being packed well they were already bent. I was worried after all the buyer beware posts, but this time it worked out fine for me. I haven't had time to take pics but they look just like they do on the website.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Can anyone just reproduce the artwork, and sell it for their own gain?

My guess you can't (or is a scale model different because it's considered "art"), or williams just doesn't care about $20 paper models?

#30 11 years ago

for anyone bored enough to read the whole thing, my issues with Jardine are documented on KLOV
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=193357

#31 11 years ago

mafi mi, i dont know who you are , if you would contact me, or give me your phone number so i can call you, i can sort any issue you may have had out. when all i have to go by is a screen user name i dont know what i can do. if you have an issue, then let me know. pm me, e mail me, whatever,

#32 11 years ago

EDIT - was very tired last night

decided to remove my last post.

#33 11 years ago

You know what's not cool, posting that and including the email addresses.

What's the timestamp on your last email to him? Just seems to be missing from the list...

#34 11 years ago

This thread got really creepy...

#35 11 years ago

Retro, not many backing you up here mate. Go play on klov, douche

End of the day you have said the same thing to all of us, pm me and I'll sort it out but nothing ever gets done about it.

You sir, are an idiot, lier and thief with shitty standard models

#36 11 years ago

Hey Jardine. Very sorry you feel that way. I genuinely wish you all the best mate. Life's too short for feuds and arguments. Thanks and God Bless

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/models-of-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.