1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181203_070207 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I like a lot of things about the Tesla Model S...but worry about how well a pinball machine can be loaded in and out with that weird drop it has in back.

Can any owners chime in on their experience?

I like a lot about the car, but don't want to own something I cannot haul a game inside fairly easily.

#3 1 year ago

The guy from the Pinball Amigos has one that he has hauled a Baby Pacman in...

#4 1 year ago

I might have to look and take some measurements on mine but I really doubt it would fit a pin unless you took the backbox off.

#5 1 year ago

I can't imagine trying to haul a pin in mine. If you want a Tesla, buy it but don't think of it as some sort of SUV. It is not even though it does have a nice cargo space/trunk.

1 month later
    #6 1 year ago

I'm probably picking up a pinball machine (or try) in my Tesla in a couple days, so I'll let you guys know if it fits!

#7 1 year ago

I have a Model S and have often wondered if a pin would fit in the back. I think it would with the head removed, but it wouldn't be fun getting it in and would be even more difficult getting it out.

9 months later
    #8 6 months ago

Anyone try this yet?

1 month later
    #9 5 months ago

Bumping this outta curiosity! Used Teslas are becoming reasonable in my area. (Within another decade or so).

#10 5 months ago

I saw someone with a regular size pin in one at Expo one year. I don't rememebr if the head was detached or not, however.

#11 5 months ago

I have measured my model S and think it could work, but the logistics would be difficult. I’d imagine a model X would work easily.

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

The guy from the Pinball Amigos has one that he has hauled a Baby Pacman in...

I'm pretty sure iirc bas also had it hanging out the back of the thing the entire drive...

#13 5 months ago

It can be done, but not easily - you need to take the head off and put the head in first. When I tried it, we didn't do that. We put the body in, which was a very tight fit, then had no way to get the head in. We didn't want to try taking the body back out to fit the head in, so it came home in another car.

IMG_20181203_070207 (resized).jpg
    #14 5 months ago

Third world problems.
    If you can afford a Model S, then you can afford to simply pay someone to deliver your pins. Why trash your back, the pin or chance scratching up your Model S?

#15 5 months ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

Third world problems.
    If you can afford a Model S, then you can afford to simply pay someone to deliver your pins. Why trash your back, the pin or chance scratching up your Model S?

1. I think you mean first world problems.
    2. The model 3 is reasonably affordable, even with only 1/2 of the tax credit.
    3. Just because someone can afford nice things doesn’t mean they spend frivolously.

#16 5 months ago

Seriously, the used market is really COOLING DOWN. 10K by Xmas 2029.

Model X: I gotta see if it can be done! Someone find a millionaire soccer mom and try it out!!!

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Model X: I gotta see if it can be done! Someone find a millionaire soccer mom and try it out!!!

There’s plenty of room in a Model X. I had one as a loaner for a few weeks.

#18 5 months ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

There’s plenty of room in a Model X. I had one as a loaner for a few weeks.

Nice. So: Confirmed?

#19 5 months ago

Nice. So: Confirmed?

In a Model X yes. Model S you have to pull the head.

#20 5 months ago

Ha - I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about model S Skee Ball! Now a model S wouldn't fit in a model S for sure!

I do remember when Bas put that game in the back of his car. I agree with his ops concept - you have a vehicle to use it! Scratches add charm...

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#21 5 months ago

Model X will fit a pinball machine with head on easily. There is more room in the back of a model X with seats down than in my huge ass Mercedes GL450.

My wife is also anything but a soccer mom.

#22 5 months ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Model X will fit a pinball machine with head on easily. There is more room in the back of a model X with seats down than in my huge ass Mercedes GL450.
    My wife is also anything but a soccer mom.

Thanks!

#23 5 months ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

Ha, you’re right!

#24 5 months ago

the mom or the car ?

#25 5 months ago

I have an S and an X. If a pin will fit in an X depends on the seat config. I have the captain seats with the rear center console. I had to take the head off to fit a Tron. If you have the 7 seater with the foldable seats, it would likely fit.

#26 5 months ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

2. The model 3 is reasonably affordable, even with only 1/2 of the tax credit.
    3. Just because someone can afford nice things doesn’t mean they spend frivolously.

I guarantee a pin would not fit in a Model 3, unless it's one of the 1930s machines that are like a quarter sized, or unless you took it apart with a hammer and just loaded the pieces.

When I need to move a game, I rent a truck or borrow my parents mini van.

#27 5 months ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I guarantee a pin would not fit in a Model 3, unless it's one of the 1930s machines that are like a quarter sized, or unless you took it apart with a hammer and just loaded the pieces.
    When I need to move a game, I rent a truck or borrow my parents mini van.

Agreed. I just parked my S next to a model 3 at garcade this weekend and the model 3 is significantly shorter in the back.

#28 5 months ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Agreed. I just parked my S next to a model 3 at garcade this weekend and the model 3 is significantly shorter in the back.

The hatch hole also isn't big enough. I could barely cram two boxed hdtvs in mine.

#29 5 months ago

No way a pin fits in a 3. I was merely replying to the comment about anyone who owns a Tesla is rich and therefore can hire help. The model 3 is far more affordable.

#30 5 months ago
    #31 5 months ago

That’s good for a couple pins!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 30.00
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 399.95
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside