images (resized).jpg
JIM_5301 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20170422_114314 (resized).jpg
IMG_2953 (resized).jpg
IMG_2949 (resized).jpg
img_2946 (resized).jpg
img_2941_tonemapped (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I know there were some post touching on model railroading, G scale if I recall. Are there any O scale or HO scale guys out here? Pretty much have my O scale set and did some weathering too, now moving onto HO scale and would to hear & see from some of you other guys on what scale and line of trains, tracks etc... you are running.

Here are a few quick shots of some of my weathering, looks better in person then photos to be honest, have several You Tube videos as well.

There are O scale MTH engines and rolling stock.

img_2941_tonemapped (resized).jpgimg_2941_tonemapped (resized).jpg

img_2946 (resized).jpgimg_2946 (resized).jpg

IMG_2949 (resized).jpgIMG_2949 (resized).jpg

IMG_2953 (resized).jpgIMG_2953 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Very nice work. Not being picky just an observation and gentle ribbing but the rails need some rust, so shiny!

LOL, those were some early on shots, most are natural dusty weathered now lol. On another note my dirt is real dirt. I bake it at 350' for 30 minutes then let it cool and sift it through a strainer and it gives a nice dirt result . I love tossing the graffiti every so often on the rolling stock as well, gives a great touch of realism. Coyote must have some of that on his 1 layout

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

I do some modeling in N scale, but its pretty limited. Most of my N stuff is Atlas, Con Cor, Rivarossi, Kato and Broadway limited. I'm a steam person so lots of articulated, shay and unique steam engines in my roster. Mostly just have small displays now, but I'm working on a coffee table with a logging layout inside it. Still in design phase though (didn't stop me from buying up all logging engines and rolling stock i would want though...).
Grew up with O guage and still have a bunch of it around the house. I don't do much with it anymore due to space and cost. Mainly used for the "around the tree" trains, a display on my fireplace mantle and I keep some on top of my kitchen cabinets to display as well. Mostly Lionel with some MTH mixed in. I was only born in 1987 so I'm still young, but I still have my first Lionel train set from 1988, my grandpa's prewar and postwar collection was given to me a year ago when he passed away, and my small group of articulated steam engines.
I somehow never got into HO. My dad started me on O guage and I started N in college when space was a bit of a problem. It's all taken a bit of a backseat now that I'm married and have taken up pinball.

Oh my eyes couldn't handle N scale anymore, not even sure if they will work well with HO but giving it a shot. In HO I decided to jump full ahead with Broadway Limited Imports, love their Paragon 2 and now setting up their Paragon 3 system with a few steamers to go with it like the N&W Y6b, UP Bigboy and PPR K4 Pre War... and in modern just grabbed a pair of NS ES44AC's which I can't waiting for them to get delivered on Tuesday. I stood away from MTH in HO scale because hell I must have 150 engines from them in O and they really don't stray to much on their sounds so it becomes very redundant. BLI gives a nice customization mix with their systems.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd check your area for any model railroad clubs. Or hobby shop. That would be a great start.

You can be cheap. And you can get into brass engines and spend thousands.

Like any hobby. Learn. Start small. And plan what makes you happy.

LTG : )

Well said Lloyd. Although I have some very expensive engines in both O and HO, the hobby to me is not the train itself, it is the making of a realistic miniature world that surrounds the track plan. Details details details.... that's the enjoyment for me. I have a 12'x 32' O scale layout, and on that layout I have a couple (fake or course) fucking in the woods, balls ass naked but in the act. I have people over all the time and they always spot something new that they never noticed before, and finally after 5 years of these two banging someone found them and almost pissed themselves. Stuff like that I enjoy, easter eggs per say

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

If your selling pins...you should just go all in

I would be in heaven, then of course living in Staten Island NYC they would find someone way to make them illegal or option B- legal with ridiculous permit fee's, and if you think moving pins are heavy lol try one of those bad boys.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

I'm a steam person so lots of articulated, shay and unique steam engines in my roster.

Here is an old video I found from 2012 of my MTH Premier Triplex run by with the Big-boy sitting in standby. I love the articulation locomotives as well. I know crappy video work, what can I say...someday I get to Steven Spielberg status lol.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

I have a large collection of mth proto 2 and 3 for sale. Mostly premium. Need to feed the pinball monster.

LOL, and I'm reverting backwards...

#26 6 years ago

I had some live steam in G scale in my house once, yeah the smoke alarms didn't care for them all too much......

I'll stick with electric and DCS or DCC, although someday before I die I have to try those ride on live steamers or diesels.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

nd #4014 is being restored to run again.

Ye sir, and they are restoring it as a oil burner now in place of coal.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I think we may have done business on eBay OP? I run the eBay store Dans LEDepot. I specialize in LED circuits and lamps for model railroad applications. Mostly O scale items.
ebay.com link

Yes Sir, I believe we have and will be doing again shortly as I roll into HO now

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

So does Rod Stewart. As I recall when on tour he modeled Manhattan sky scrapers for his New York City HO layout.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/model-railroading?tu=DeathHimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.